Chapter Seven: A Meal with Kim Yu Gyeom

She Got Seven

After making steps with Yugyeom, I sat down immediately because to be honest, I’m really tired and my feet are now suffering from pain. He offered me another bottle and I took it. He just smiled at me and sat beside me.

“I don’t think that we created something good. Sorry but that’s just what I think,” he said as I open the bottle and drank it.

We were silent for a while and I don’t know what to say, I really can’t say that the whole moves are such a mess, at least we work hard for it. “That’s okay, we could get help from the choreographer to polish the steps,” I said and he looks at me.

Silence was taking over the place again and the awkwardness a while ago seems coming back. “I’m being weird again and I don’t want the choreographer to say something bad about our work.” I laughed at him and motioned myself closer towards him. I tapped his back like I always did to my brother and looks at him.

“Don’t think that way, if you want, I’ll get help from Baekhyun oppa. You know, he’s also good in making dance steps but no one notices it except me,” he didn’t answer and I looked away from him. We were silent for a moment until he spokes up.

“Thank you for your help, I’m looking forward to it,” I smiled and then my phone rang. I picked it up and then I saw Suho oppa’s name on it. I slid through the screen but then I turned it off.

The phone rang once again and still, I turned it off. “Why aren’t you answering it? Who is it?” Yugyeom asked and I looked on the floor, not sure of what to say.

“It’s someone I know, you don’t have to worry about it,” I said and looks at the clock. It’s 4:45 PM and I watched the sky outside. It gives a red, pink and orange streaks that could make me calm.

I took my bag and then hangs it on my shoulders. I stood in front of Yugyeom and smiled at him. “Thanks for today and I need to go. I hope that we will work together as a strong team someday like Exo,” he chuckles and motioned towards his bag.

“You must be an Exo’s fangirl,” he said as he slid the slings of his bag on his shoulder. “And you won’t be going home alone because I told you that I’ll bring you home after this.”

I don’t know what to say and I felt shyness tingling all over my body. “I remember that but you don’t need to do it because I’m a grown up already,” I took a step backward, preparing to run away from him but before I’ve done that, he holds my hand which made me stuck on the ground.

I looked at him and to be honest, I feel blank and stupid. Our gazes met as he also looks at me straight into my eyes. “If I told you to take you home, I’ll take you home,” he said as he pulled me towards the door.

As we walked towards the road, he’s still holding my hand and luckily, there are no people who could see us having some PDA. We were heading towards the YG Entertainment building to wait a taxi over there. I felt a little shy as I looked at our hands, zero layers within touch.

We arrived in front of the building as we waited for a taxi. “I’ll suggest that we should take the bus, I have a card,” I said and he chuckles. What’s wrong?

“The bus stop is farther than you expected that’s why we should take the taxi and I have a bus card so you don’t have to worry also,” I rolled my eyes at him and then that’s it, we waited for a taxi.

Few minutes later, a taxi stopped in front of us and I told the driver my address and we enter inside. My phone rang again and I took it inside my bag, Yugyeom peeps at the screen and I covered it immediately. I slid my finger through the screen and I turned off the call. I don’t want to talk to him.

“You know young lady, you should answer the call right now because whoever that person is, he’s worried for you and don’t ditch him/her for that boy you are dating to right now,” the driver said and Yugyeom chuckles. What is he trying to point? “I mean that boy beside you, you can date him whenever you want but please try to answer the call first.”

I breathe heavily and closed my eyes. He’s being ridiculous. “Sorry Mister but I’m still single and I’m not dating him I mean the boy who’s sitting beside me,” I said and Yugyeom’s chuckle becomes a laugh. For me, it’s not funny.

“Whatever, answer the call,” the driver said and I’m getting pissed at him. Who wouldn’t be? Can’t he just focus on driving and don’t mind other people’s businesses?

Yugyeom stopped laughing but I imagined him still smiling. I looked at my phone and waited for Suho oppa’s call but I didn’t receive any. I sighed and just put my phone inside my bag. As I closed the zipper, my phone beeps and I’m getting annoyed at it. I grabbed it inside again and read the message.

From: Suho Oppa
where the hell are you? Answer the call!

I feel a little bit nervous as I typed in the right words. What am I going to say? Just hanging out with a guy I’ve been always looking for? Nah, that’s a little too cheesy. Making steps with the guy who gave me a handkerchief? I’m totally screwed up and I don’t know what to say I mean I don’t type because he’s calling again.

Though I’m a little bit nervous, I still managed to answer the call even though I know how he could get mad in terms of ‘not answering the call or making him to worry about me’. “Hello?” I said and the other line was silent but harmful.

“Thank goodness! I called you for how many times and then you didn’t thought of answering it!? You’re so thoughtful, aren’t you?” He said as I gritted my teeth because he’s scary right now.

I didn’t answer him and I just listened to his crazy lectures. He talks about how tired he is and then here I am, driving him crazy on how I didn’t have enough heart to think on him. But then, after all of it, he always ended up asking where am I or what am I doing because seriously, he’s just curious and wants to make sure that I’m alright.

“So now, where the hell are you and I’ll pick you up,” he said and I heave a sigh. I want to keep myself calm because it would be more dangerous if I blurted something bad in front of the driver and especially, Yugyeom.

“I’m going home and I’m in a taxi,” I said.

There was silence for a while and I thought he ended up the call but it still running. I put my phone against my ears again and then he spoke up. “With whom?” Shocked, nervous, and fear is all over my body.

I looked at Yugyeom but he’s looking outside the window and I can’t think clearly as he’s waiting for an answer. “Hyun Mi? Who is with you right now?”

“Uh, no one. I’m alone and I’m fine so don’t worry,” I saw Yugyeom turning his head on me and I felt a little guilt as I lied to Suho Oppa. I know that Yugyeom will be confused but I really need to save myself right now.

“Are you sure?” He asked again and I want to give up already, he’s being suspicious. I want to nod at him but I can’t, I’m on the phone and he can’t see me so it’s no use. I know that nodding will be a great medication to treat me in this so called disease, nervousness.

“Yes, I’m sure,” I said.

The taxi turned around at one of the streets and it’s getting near to our house. “We’ll see. See you later,” he said and hanged up.

As the taxi was getting closer and closer to our house, I don’t know why but I’m still nervous. Maybe because Suho oppa said we’ll see which means he didn’t believe me. I’m screwed and I just want to skip this day.

“Did you just say that you’re alone?” I was shocked when he asked me about that. Now, I’m literally screwed and I just want to jump off from the taxi.

He looks at me but I can’t looked back at him due to severe shyness and guilt. “I’m sorry but I’m literally ed up, okay? I’m sorry,” I said and I thought that he would be angry but he just chuckled. Well, why would he get angry? It’s not that I’ve done miserably wrong to him.

“Did you just say ? I mean, whatever. Don’t be sorry, I have a feeling that your brother is now angry and you don’t want me to get involved at it,” he’s right but he doesn’t totally get it because I don’t want Suho oppa to know that I’ve been hanging out with a guy alone for five hours.

As the taxi gets closer to our house, my heart beat is also getting louder and louder. “He’s not like that but I’ll go see,” he doesn’t seem to get it but I don’t care. I’m being pressured by the distance and I want to freak out which in fact is a wrong thing to do.

I saw the house’s gate and I told the taxi driver to stop over our neighbor’s house but Yugyeom insisted that I should be off in front of our house. I didn’t argue with him and there’s no point of fighting back so I agreed with him.

As soon as we arrived, I looked out of the window and saw Suho oppa’s car parked inside. I immediately opened the taxi’s door but then Yugyeom stopped me. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

“I’ll take you in front—” I stopped him and shook my head in reply.

I look at our house and then I looked at Yugyeom once again, “No, you don’t need to take me in whatever front it is, I’ll gotta go now and thanks for taking me here, I’ll pay you tomorrow for the taxi’s expenses. Stay safe and—”

I stopped when I heard a familiar voice and I knew it’s him. “Who are you talking to little sis?” I closed my eyes and he opens the door widely. “A guy, I see,” he added and I feel like I’m blushing. I’m embarrassed.

I saw Yugyeom’s face became blank and I could tell that he’s also nervous. I know Yugyeom, I know how you are feeling.

“Want to come in for a while?” Suho oppa asked him and I looked at him in disbelief.

“What? No way in hell! Eomma and Appa would find out—,”

“That you’re dating already?” He asked me with a grin on his face. I turned to see Yugyeom who was expressionless.

The driver was just watching us and I knew that he’s enjoying it because the payment will be a lot higher now. “You’re so rude at your suitor,” he said again and I kicked his knee. I’ve been embarrassed enough.

“He’s not my suitor, okay? He’s just my friend, stop making horrible imaginations!” I said and he laughs at me. I closed my eyes and get off from the taxi. I snapped my fingers to Yugyeom and he looks at me. “See you tomorrow,” I said and he just nodded.

I was about to close the door when Suho oppa stopped me. I’m getting pissed at him and at the same time, still nervous. I don’t know what’s running inside his mind again. “Wait,” he said as he opens the door, “Come in for a while and have a meal with us,” he said and I want to cry right now. How could he?

We’re waiting for an answer until he spokes up. “Okay Sir, right away,” he added and I hit my forehead twice. I looked at Suho oppa who smirked at me, I don’t want them, you know, Eomma and Appa that I’ve been flirting because I haven’t!

“Don’t call me Sir, silly. Just call me hyung or Suho hyung,” Suho oppa said as soon as Yugyeom stepped out from the taxi. He paid the driver and the taxi was running away from our house.

I can’t believe that I actually brought a boy in our house and to think that Suho oppa was teasing me which kind of make me shy towards Yugyeom but I don’t care, he’s just crazy. As I stepped in inside our house, I saw all of my siblings and they’re looking at us. God, why are they here?

The atmosphere is quiet and I looked at Appa who is still reading a magazine. I think he still hasn’t see Yugyeom. “Who is him? Your boyfriend?” Finally, Chanyeol oppa asked and they’re kind of making soft noises.

My sisters are giggling and I want to slap each one of them. “No! No! You misunderstood, he’s my—” I stopped when they don’t believe me.

“Are you kidding me? You’ve got a good pick. What’s his name?” Hyohyeon eonni asked and silence was taking all over the place again. I glanced at Yugyeom who’s also embarrassed and right now, I’m more concerned of his feelings.

I inhaled deeply and grabbed his arm then they started to tease me again. “Stop it, okay? He’s Kim Yu Gyeom, my soon to be—” they interrupted again.

“Boyfriend?” Baekhyun oppa said while laughing. All of them laughed except Appa who is still reading or I don’t know if he knows it but I bet he just pretended not to care when the truth is he’s now angry. I’m doomed.

I looked at my hand who was still holding Yugyeom’s arm and I let go of it. “Please stop it guys, okay? We’re just friends and he’s my co-member,” I said and there was silence again. What’s wrong?

“Your co-member?” Seohyun eonni asked and I nodded. After answering, I’ve realized that I still haven’t told them that I will be entering a boy group. I hit my head twice and then they we’re just what the hell is she talking about?

“Sorry, I’m confused. Your co-member? Which means you’ll debut with him?” Seohyun eonni asked again.

“Yes,” I finally said ang silence was taking all over the place.

I saw Baekhyun oppa being quiet and I don’t know what he’s thinking. Seems he doesn’t get it. I pulled Yugyeom once again and pointed an empty seat. “A guest should be offered a seat,” I said and he bowed towards my siblings. I sat beside him and I can feel heavy gazes from my siblings. But I don’t care, my first concern here is Appa.

As I watched Appa, still holding his magazine, I could felt fear already. Suddenly, he puts down his magazine and looks at us. I gulped as he doesn’t give any smiles at me. Is he angry at me? I looked at him, confused and bewildered on what would happen next. “Are you Hyun Mi’s guest?” Appa finally asked him.

I looked at Yugyeom who seems to be gulping as I saw his adam’s apple moved. “Uh, yes Sir, I’m his guest,” he said and Appa is just nodding.

“Because of curiosity, I will asked this, are you the boy who saw her handkerchief? She told me about that,” Appa said. My eyes widened and and I can feel my heart racing as he waited for an answer. I want to interrupt but I don’t know what to say.

“Yes Sir, I saw her handkerchief, uh, she dropped it,” Yugyeom said as his voice gets softer at the end of his statement.

The atmosphere is awkward until Eomma broke it while she emerges from the kitchen, “Time for dinner babies!” She shouted and walks towards the living room, scanning our faces. She stopped when she saw Yugyeom and I could barely breathe while seeing her reaction.

“Oh, we have a guest, come here, I’ll take you to the kitchen,” Eomma said and I was relieve. Yugyeom stood up and he followed Eomma to the kitchen and I looked at my siblings and they were all grinning at me. I glared at Suho oppa, if not for him, I won’t be in this trouble.

Joo-A motioned towards me and she’s poking her finger at the side of my tummy, “He’s so tall while you’re so short, great couple!” She said while giggling and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Shut up, we’re not a couple,” I said, glaring at her.

“Let’s go and eat,” Appa said and we stood up, following him towards the dining table.

As I scan the dining room, I’ve realized that we’re so many and I’ve got embarrassed at Yugyeom. My siblings are so loud and they likes to play around and well, not the type of attitude you want if there’s a guest inside your house. I sat beside Yugyeom, accompanying him so that he would not feel shyness because I’m the one who will be responsible for him.

Appa sat on the edge of the table while Suho oppa is on the opposite direction. Since Yugyeom is the guest, he sat beside Appa, and then Yoona eonni is also sitting beside me. I could feel her elbow, teasing me and I just rolled my eyes at her.

We started with a prayer since we are Christians and then right after praying, we started grabbing a meal. “So you practiced with Hyun Mi the whole day and decided to drop her off here?” Appa asked Yugyeom and we all fall silent, waiting for his answer.

“Yes, the two of us are making the steps and choreography for our upcoming debut,” he said and Chanyeol oppa interrupts.

“The two of you are the main dancers? Amazing!” The whole fam chuckles and Hyohyeon eonni joked at Chanyeol oppa and told him that he’s jealous because he can’t dance well.

“Hyun Mi is great! She got it from me,” Hyohyeon eonni said and I smiled at her. The whole night seems crazy and we talked a lot about some stuffs. I don’t know but I’m happy that I’m having a meal with Kim Yu Gyeom together with my family. It just looks like a wonderful feeling I have.