Chapter Five: The New Trainee

She Got Seven

After JYP informed us that I’ll debut as a part of a boy group, I can’t say that I’m really happy because who would be? I want to be belong in a girl group.

“My greatest apology but it was created to become the first boy group to have a girl member,” he said and Suho oppa nodded.

Even though I’m partly sad, I still managed to smile, at least I’m not being kicked out of JYP. There was a moment of silence until JYP talks about my upcoming debut.

“I know you’re disappointed and I’m really sorry, but if you don’t want to, you can quit. And I really need your presence in that boy group because you got that boy group feels,” he said and I look at Suho oppa.

I took a glance at JYP and then Suho oppa raised his eyebrow towards me. I don’t know why but I got confused at his actions. To me, debut is the most important and most memorable part of being an idol that’s why I need to grab this chance. But for Suho oppa, I know he’s not agreeing to this.

“Thank you Sir but I need to talk to her privately in a moment,” Suho oppa said and grabs my arm. He pulls me towards the door and gently pushes the door back when we reach the exit of the office. “Are you sure you want to debut with those boys?”

“Of course I am, who wouldn’t be? This is my chance oppa! Aren’t you happy for me?” I asked, being sarcastic.

He rolled his eyes and does a facepalm. I also rolled my eyes at him, here we go again, he’s too much protective and I hate that.

“Of course I’m happy for you but those are boys, I don’t know what will they do to you in the future and to be honest, I don’t want you to debut with them,” he said and I made a fist. I really want to punch him, seriously.

“Oppa! It’s my chance. Whether you like it or not, I’ll debut with them,” I said and I was about to enter the CEO’s office when he stopped me.

He looks at me with calm and peaceful look and I don’t know what to react. I know he’s just concern but I’m big enough to handle myself.

“Please, listen to me right now,” he said and I shook my head. I don’t want to follow him right now. “It’s for your own good.”

“Enough oppa, I’m done, please? Listen to me also. I need your support,” I said and he let go of me. I enter the CEO’s office without him.

I looked at PD-nim and I bowed at him. I don’t know why but I also feel sadness for my brother. I just want to pay off my hardworks by doing this.

“So, is it okay for you?” He asked me and I breathe heavily. I closed my eyes and opened it again, I smiled at him and nodded.

“Yes, it’s okay and I’m ready,” I said.

And that’s it, I already said yes. He smiled at me and walks towards me. I feel happiness inside me and I want to scream.

“Congratulations, you’re now part of this so called group, GOT7. Actually, you’ll be training with them for three months before the debut so you could get a chance to know them, you know, boys and girls may feel awkwardness at first,” he said and I’m just listening to him. “For now, you’ll meet the six boys and you should introduce yourself to them.”

He grabs his jacket and wears it. I take a look at my phone which is turned off. I opened it and PD-nim looks at me that’s why I put it back inside my bag.

“It’s okay, let’s go now,” he said and I followed him towards the door.

As the door opens, I was hoping that Suho oppa will be there but as I scan the hallway, he’s not there and I feel sad again. I heave a sigh and I just followed the CEO.

“You’re so lucky to have such siblings who are an artists also. I really admire So Nyu Shi Dae, they’re the best girl group so far aside from my Wonder Girls,” he said and chuckles. “I’m not saying I don’t admire Wonder Girls but so far, as I’ve seen, they have charms that you can’t see and I can tell that Lee Soo Man is so witty.”

We chuckled and I like that part when he told me that Lee Soo Man is a wise person. Actually, he’s not because he didn’t pick me. Kidding.

“Actually, in my opinion, SNSD is the most influential girl group in the history of KPOP,” he said and I smiled at him. “I want to have them in my entertainment but Soo Man is much wiser than me,” he added.

“They’re actually great PDnim because when they debuted, there are many boy groups who are famous as well and I didn’t expect that they will actually compete with them,” I said and he chuckles.

We talked for a while until he stops in front of a door. My hands are trembling and my heart is pounding over and over again. I don’t know why but I chills suddenly run from neck down to my spine.

PD-nim opens the door and he went in. I was stuck outside and didn’t want to go inside. These are boys and I’m not used to it. I wish Bambam would be here.

“Come inside,” PD-nim said and he motioned his index finger towards the practice room.

I breathe heavily before entering the room and I couldn’t watch their faces. Maybe Suho oppa was right, I should have never been here but pride is higher than the highest building in the world.

“Okay, listen up, this is the new trainee and she’ll debut with you guys. Please take care of her a lot. By the way, she’s Park Hyun Mi and she will be the one to complete Got7,” he said and I looked at the boys.

There’s no sign of Bambam. I wonder what would he feel when he can’t debut right now. He must be so upset.

As I scan their faces, I saw Yugyeom that’s why I looked away from his sight and immediately looks at the floor. Damn, I’ll be here with him for years! I can’t take it anymore!

“So, wait for the teacher because I have to go somewhere with YG, we need to examine a lot of trainees right now. So, take care,” he said and I want to stop him but my feet are being drilled and was stuck on the floor.

They looked at me and a guy approaches me. He’s the shortest one among them and he likes to smile. He has a playful look and I can tell that he’s not a Korean based on his facial features.

He waves at me and I smiled at him. I bowed to him and he just gave me a playful smile. Isn’t this awkward?

“Hi! I thought our member will be a guy but surprisingly, it’s a girl. I can’t believe that PD-nim will actually make a boy group with a girl member, I’m shocked,” he said and the members laughed. What’s so funny about that? “By the way Ms. Park Hyun Mi, my name is Jackson Wang also known as Wang Ji Aer from Hong Kong! Nice to meet you! Don’t be shy!”

He’s so loud that’s why I only smiled at him. I looked at the other members but they were just looking at us. My eyes spotted Yugyeom and our gazes met that’s why we both looked away until this Jackson guy makes a fuss.

Jackson looks at me and then to Yugyeom, he smiled and he shouted with a bit of teasing. He approaches Yugyeom and he puts his arms across his shoulders.

“Is that her? Our maknae is now a big guy!” He said and I felt a little bit embarrassment. Why is he being like this?

“Really? I saw her last time with Nayeon and I didn’t knew that she’s the one you always talk about during our free time,” another guy said.

He’s the guy who greeted Nayeon Eonni last time and I could tell that this is Jinyoung. Nayeon Eonni always talks about him and there must be some connections between the both of them.

“Nayeon huh?” Another guy said and they were teasing him right now.

Another guy approached me and he pokes my shoulders. I looked at him and I could tell that he’s pretty. I mean his face is so beautiful and delicate.

“Excuse me, have a seat. I’m sorry but they are just—

I didn’t bother to speak but I think he’s just uncomfortable seeing me standing. What a gentleman!

“It’s okay. Thank you,” I said and gave him a smile.

I walked towards the couch and I sat beside a nice guy. He’s just normal among the rest and I think he’s very talented according to his looks.

The door opens and we saw our teacher that’s why we greeted him and we stood up.

xoxoxo

• Special Part •

As Bambam was done performing, he bows at the judges and his heart is beating fast. He wants to have good comments about his performance.

“You have the ability to become an idol because what you did was great! You should be given a chance. Good job,” YG PD-nim said and JYP was stunned.

He’s thinking for a moment and he made up his mind. He knows what to do right now.