Arrival and ............Am I being Punked?

Never Been Kissed before!

Narrator P.O.V

Play song for this chapter:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQrWTQBZPo4

The turbulence of the flight awoke her, she opened the flap of the window, peering down; the night of Seoul could be seen.  ‘This is your captain speaking, please buckle up your seat belts, we will now be arriving  at Incheon International Airport, thanks for flying with American Airlines, please fly with us again and Welcome to Korea ,’’ he finished.

‘’My new life starts now,’’ she thought, securing her seatbelt.

When the plane landed, Maki walked into the Airport glancing around before spotting the luggage claim. Walking swiftly towards it, she tried to tug it, before a hand came and grabbed it for her.

‘Gamsamhapnida {thank you},’she muttered bowing without looking up, before walking away from the stranger. The man just watched her go, before he was called by his friends, ‘’Hurry up Hyung,’ squeaked a high-pitched voice.

‘’coming,’ he shouted, ‘-Aish -that duck-,’’ he shook his head fondly before walking in the opposite direction.


Maki walked out dragging her suitcase in one hand, holding her duffle in her other and her carrion on her shoulders.

Her pocket vibrated, she cursed before dropping her suitcase and answering her phone, ‘’ I just arrived Cici,’’ she muttered.

‘’Thank god,’ she sighed, ‘’I called a hotel for you, your taxi should be waiting right outside the door, look for a guy with a hat, your godfather wanted you to settle in before meeting him tomorrow,’’ she replied.

‘’Nice to know,’ she responded.

‘Keep me updated, I’ll email you the address,’’ stated Cici.

‘’Okay, bye Cici,’’ she said.

‘’Bye Maki,’’she whispered softly before hanging up.


She turned her left then right before spotting an ole-man about 5’3, wearing a brown hat, she  rolled her suitcase over, before looking at him, see saw he also had a sign in his hand, ‘’李牧- MAKI LEE ‘’ the sign was translated into Japanese and English.  She shook her head before walking up to him, ‘’Annyeong haseyo, Lee Maki imnida,’’ she said before bowing.

He motioned for her to put her suitcases in the trunk before opening the door for her, Maki set her things carefully in the back before sliding into the backseat.

Her stomach grumbled as she rested her head on the window, passing work buildings, retail stores, restaurant and food stalls. ‘’First thing to do, Order dinner,’ she thought.  

Her phone buzzed, opening her cell:

ONE NEW MESSAGE:

Sender: >>Cici<<

Don’t be surprised by the hotel, and here is the address <3

521 Apgujeong 2Dong,
Gangnam-gu, Seoul ^_^

‘That address sounds familiar,’ she couldn’t help but think.

The car stopped, when she got up, she stood looking like a gaping fish, ‘No Way,’ she muttered.

She was standing in front of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.  ‘’A 5-five star hotel, what happened to holiday Inn,’ she stated annoyed. She wouldn’t admit it out loud, but spending a night at one of these hotels had always been a dream of hers.


Maki P.O.V

I went up to the concierge desk, ‘’Reservation for Lee, ‘I asked hesitantly adjusting the grip of my luggage.

‘’Let’s see Maki Lee, your lawyer called in the reservation, sign here please,’’ she said before handing me a pen.

After taking the papers, I signed my signature. She motioned for one of the bell-hops to take my things, ‘’Dong-soon will show you to your room, ‘’ she said indicating to a guy about 7 inches taller than me , who smiled slightly at me, I nodded back to her before following him to the elevators.


-Ding- We reached one of the penthouse suites; I tipped him before taking my keycard after he had brought my things in. I walked around the large ,expecting everything, I trailed my hand  over the soft sheet of the Queen Sized  once I entered my room, I flopped on the bed too tired to care.  A 22hr flight really , I had to adjust to the time difference, and I set my time-zone for international and now local calls on my cell.

I remembered I hadn’t eaten so I grabbed the phone on the side table next to the bed, and called room service ordering a bowl of kimchi and banchan.  I am still technically allergic to seafood so I skipped the gejang.

After 10 minutes, a knock broke the silence, I hopped of the bed and opened the door, to see another bell-hop rolling in my order, ‘’Gamsamhapnida,’’ I said to him bowing and tipping him for his time.

Chewing on some of the side dishes seemed to prove a challenge with chop-sticks, so I opted for a spoon, I never learned how to use chop-sticks properly, and I at it to put it bluntly.


I looked at the time; it read 9:30 p.m.  I put the dishes in a neat pile before shrugging out my clothes and taking a long hot shower, I saw the button for auto-jets and pressed it, blasts of water cascaded on me, it feel so good, I closed my eyes in content.

Ten minutes later, I dried off before changing into some comfortable sweats.

I flopped back on my bed, closing my eyes I drifted off in a dreamless sleep.


Narrator P.O.V

The sun rose slowly, brightening the darkness into colorful hues of yellow and pink. The light entered the room, awaking the only occupant in the suite. Pillows hand been  bundled up around her, she blinked  rubbing her eyes, before yawning loudly and sitting up ,the sleep had not quite left her eyes yet.

-The feeling like I can’t go on, is light years away-,’ Celine Dion’s ringtone woke her up, before she reached over to her bedside table to shut off the alarm.

She grabbed the menu beside her before ringing room-service, ordering some pancakes and juice; she hung up before strutting into the bathroom.

The cool water felt good on her skin, her senses coming alive, exiting the bathroom, she grabbed her robe just as a knock came signaling the arrival of her food.

She tipped her bell-hop before grabbing the food and chowing down, she contemplated on what to wear as she drank her juice slowly .She had two more hours to prepare, but she was a girl, these things took time, even though she didn’t want to meet her ‘’godfather ‘’ ,she still liked to make a good first impression on her elders.  She opted for simple yet casual.

Her outfit :


Two hours later


She had already called for a taxi, walking out the door; she entered the back seat before stating the address to the driver.

Once the car stopped, she fidgeted slightly before coming out of the taxi, when she turned around, she did a double take at the building.

This was probably a dream, she had to be lost, there was no possible way she had the right address. What the hell was she doing in front of SM. Entertainment?!

‘Am I being Punked?’ she thought running a hand through her short hair frustrated.  She speed dialed Cici, ‘’Muchas Gracias, Cecile Joseph aqui, ¿Cómo puedo ayudarle?’’ (Good morning, Cecile Joseph here, how can I help you?’ came a sleepy voice.   Ignoring that it was morning on the other side of the equator, ‘’Cici, this is Maki, are you sure you gave me the right address?’’ she asked exasperated.

‘Yes,’ replied Cici, who was tiredly rubbing her temples.

‘So my godfather works at SM Entertainment?” she replied confused, her brows furrowing.

‘Yeah, you could say that,’ Cici responded chuckling slightly. 'He practially founded it'' she thought.

‘What is she laughing about,’ Maki thought puzzled.

‘I need sleep chica, just meet him, you’ll find out soon enough who he is, love you bye, ‘replied Cici cutting off Maki from further questioning, she flopped back on her back sleeping.   

‘But-‘ she received a dial tone, she pouted at her phone , before showing it into her pocket and walking up  the steps to the building.  She held her head high, even though she wanted to high tail it out of there as fast as she good.

She walked up to the receptionist who directed her to the top floor, as the elevators opened up again, she caught the other occupants inside, ‘’OMFG TVXQ,’ her inner fan-girl senses were going crazy. 

A cough alerted her to Yunho who was holding the elevator open for her; she snapped out of her gaping state, she was blushing bright red like a fire truck before regaining her composure and walking into the elevator.  She kept avoiding their glances by silently praying to Kami-Sama (God) to make this elevator go faster. As if answering her prayers, -Ding- she all but practically ran out of the elevator.

She walked up to a secretary who motioned for her to walk down the hallway and go through clear doors.

She nodded before following instructions, as she reached the end of the hallway she back-tracked when she saw the name on the door, even if it was in Hangul she knew it anywhere, ‘’ Lee Soo Man’’ it read.

 

She held up her hands to knock at the door, hesitantly she knocked before pulling the handle. ‘I’m sorry, I’m sure I have the wrong Lee Soo Man,’ she said before turning away, just as she was about to walk out, his voice stopped her, ‘’You have the right one Maki-Chan,’ he said starring at her in wonder.

Could this be the baby girl he had held so many years ago, his best friends had died ,leaving him their precious daughter, he vowed to make her feel comfortable and at home.

She stepped forward nervously, he took the time to observe, and she had grown up as beautiful as her mother, who he considered a sister more than anything.

He cleared his throat before motioning her to sit, ‘’ So I hear  you’ve just finished  college with a Master’s Degree in Business Management ,your parent-she cut him off before he could continue, ‘’Where have you been all this time, why do you even want to take me in? ‘She asked softly, her eyes held so much pain and uncertainty, he wanted to take it away.  She was practically like his daughter already.  

‘Even though, I haven’t been in your life Maki, I have been watching over you silently, I owe it to your parents, they were my best friends, they always sent me videos of your accomplishments, I have no right to ask this, but can you give me a chance,’ he finished nervously.

Could she? The man who was supposedly broke her idols up, she like every other Cassiopeia, vowed they’d still support their idols even though their companies didn’t appreciate them, they barely had time to see their families, they complained of being over-worked, not being paid fairly and  developing sickness, could she do it.

‘I’ll consider it under one condition,’ she stated holding gazes with him.

‘’That is? ‘He asked cautiously.

‘The law-suit between SM Entertainment and JYJ ends,’’ she spoke coldly.

Dong Bang Shin Ki, his best group after SHINHWA, he was really close to them, they looked to him not only as a boss, but a mentor and a friend, he  admitted he  over-worked them too much, but he thought they could handle it, he knew they had so much potential , but after Yoochun, Junsu and Jaejoong filled the lawsuit two years ago, all of that work seemed like a big mistake ,because he drove away not only his companies biggest money maker next to Super Junior and SNSD , but family.

SM Town was incorporated to united all of SM Entertainment like a family, when they left it seemed life his family was falling apart at the seams.  Not long after the three left, Han Eng also left complaining about the deterioration of his physical self, he wasn’t even aware Han Eng was suffering until it was too late and he wanted out also.  He reluctantly let Han Eng leave even though he didn’t want to, he shouldn’t have listened to Youngmin.

The only reason the lawsuit between his company and JYJ still existed because he was still working out a way to get them all together again, he knew the bonds of friendship the five boys had, only due to bad media ,escalated from bad publicity led to a further drift between all five. He barely had a couple of months left before Yunho and Jaejoong were called for their military service for two years began.

While he was having his internal debate, Maki was praying to all gods above that he agreed, from Kali to Ala, to Jesus to Buddha.

He answered her,’’ Ne ‘’

  ‘OMFG, he agreed, he agreed, holy he agreed, hell yeah,’she thought mentally doing a happy dance and did a fist pump in the air.

He saw as a slow smile came upon her face, ‘’I’ll do anything to let that smile remain on your face,’’ he thought.

 

The talked for a few hours, until he had to go to another meeting, walking to door she paused briefly before jogging back over to him and hugging him , ‘’Arigatou Ooji-san,’’ she said hugging him and walking out.

He was a bit dazed before sitting back in his chair and for the rest of the day he smiled happily.

 

Walking out the building Maki glanced at her cell,5:45 p.m.  She looked up around her, making sure the coast was clear, ‘’YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,’ she screamed jumping up and down, earning a few glances and chuckles from passers-by. 

Looking at the sky, she saw the sunset about to break, the stars already shining out, 5 stars caught her attention.

Cassiopeia- ‘Where the sun in the east doesn’t shine, Cassiopeia will be the beckon of hope,’ she thought happily.


So this concluded the 2 chapters I promised, I will post once I have energy and feeling feel.

Don’t forget to read, review, and comment and subscribe.

~Caribbeanpop17