8 - A Date

If You Know, I Still Do
"And that's all for today," the lecturer closed his book. "I'll see you next week then. Don't forget to finish your project by then."
 
I grabbed my bag and exchanged opinion with Junyeon and Rina about our task for next week. Rina opened the door while telling us to gather together this Sunday to discuss about further details.
 
"Ah, someone is here to pick you," Junyeon teased me with a smirk. She turned to me right after she found Yoseob was waiting for me in front of our classroom.
 
He was typing something with his phone before he noticed that we're already looking at him. His lips formed into a curve as he murmured my name with his sweet voice, "Harin."
 
Why did my heart beat faster just by listening to him calling out my name?
 
Something was wrong with me for sure. Then again I guessed it's wrong enough to make everything felt right.
 
Time passed and a month had went away since my birthday. Everything felt perfect. Every piece of my life was completed by Yoseob's presence.
 
Long short story? I was happy. Incredibly happy.
 
I finally decided to talk about my close relationship with Junyeon and Rina. Actually there were the ones who brought up the topic first when I was celebrating my birthday with them three days after my birthday.
 
Rina dared up to ask me whether if Yoseob gave me the wristwatch as my birthday present since I never took off the wristwatch except when I went to shower or sleep. Well, everything he gave to me became my treasures gradually.
 
They knew that Yoseob always walked me to the intersection and they had teased me about it but since I just smiled at their attempt, they didn't said anything until I told them everything.
 
Yet they couldn't hold the urge to ask me since I looked really happy after my birthday. Who wouldn't be when someone special for you gave you a sweet and beautiful birthday surprise?
 
Rina asked me whether I was already in a relationship or not with him. I could only give her 'I don't know' as my answer.
 
Because I didn't know either.
 
Yoseob never confessed to me and I never did as well. It's like we're already comfortable with our close relationship right now. What did I expect more from him then?
 
Junyeon and Rina wished the best for me. They said they would be happy as long as I was happy. Besides, they added, Yoseob looked compatible with me. They had no idea how happy I was when I heard it.
 
"So, are you ready?" Yoseob flashed a smile to me after Junyeon and Rina excused themselves, winking to me playfully.
 
I smiled and nodded, a sign that I was ready to go now.
 
Today we would have our very first date. He asked me when I had a free time this week because there was a recommended movie that he wanted to watch with me. We arranged everything and we would watch the movie today.
 
My mood was in the seventh heaven just by imagining the date we would have.
 
He fulfilled my expectation actually.
 
Yoseob offered me a dinner after he bought the tickets so we could eat before the movie. I was holding the urge to squeal because of his sweet gesture and charming smile.
 
"Excuse me for a while," he excused himself when we were waiting for the movie. He went to the restroom while I waited for him outside, looking around at the movie posters randomly.
 
A memory flashed in my mind all of a sudden.
 
I was used to go to this cinema with Junhyung. We had our first date here too. I still kept the ticket in my treasure box. I still could remember his warm hand, holding mine gently.
 
Why did I still remember him? Why did I still remember the person who had broken my heart?
 
"Harin?" Yoseob's voice returned me to reality. He looked concern because I went blank suddenly, "Are you alright? Is something wrong?"
 
"Ah, no, it's nothing," I quickly shook my head. I didn't want to worry him. "The door is opened. Let's go-"
 
Before I could finish my words, Yoseob took my hand with his, intertwining our fingers together. He gave me a wide, shy smile, "This way we can't be separated, right?"
 
My heart was going to explode if it's possible; I was pretty sure with it. He led me to our seats, not letting go of my hand even for a second.
 
I couldn't concentrate to the movie fully because I was busy controlling my rapid heartbeat. His laughter when the funny scene came up, his serious expression when the serious scene came up, all of his expressions filled my mind.
 
He was so captivating.
 
Yoseob finally let go of my hand when I went to the restroom after the movie had finished. We walked to the exit door, discussing about the movie.
 
"Well...," I took small steps faster than him, "...I'll take my leave here then. Thank you-"
 
"I'll walk you home," Yoseob declared, not letting me to say goodbye to him. "I don't think I can't sleep if I don't complete the day with walking you back home."
 
He reached out his hand to me, offering me to take his hand, "If you let me, my Princess."
 
Heat crept to my cheeks. I slowly raised my hand and took his. He embraced my hand and smiled sweetly. We walked side by side.
 
No word was said but, for an unknown reason, I enjoyed the silence. My heart beat really fast yet I didn't want this moment to last.
 
However, just like what people said, time went fast when you're enjoying it. Before I could realize it, we had arrived in front of my house.
 
"Thank you...," I murmured shyly, letting go of his hand slowly but sure. "I had a really great time today."
 
"I should be the one who thanks you," he patted my head with his usual smile. "I must be the happiest person to walk on this Earth right now."
 
My brain freezed for seconds. I thought the night couldn't be better after his sweet words but I was wrong.
 
Yoseob stepped closer to me, cupping my left cheek with his right hand. Within a second, he planted a soft kiss on my forehead. He pulled away and I could see his cheeks were blushing, "Good night, Harin."
 
I was standing in silence for seconds. I covered my mouth with my hand, looking at him while my heart was beating hard against my chest. He chuckled softly, "I'll leave after you go inside. Okay?"
 
I murmured good night to him and finally turned around, entering my house. I rushed to my room and threw myself on the bed.
 
"Seobbie, Seobbie, Seobbie," I grabbed the teddy bear Yoseob gave to me on Valentine's Day and hugged it tight. "He kissed my forehead! He kissed me!"
 
I didn't even bother what my parents would say if they saw me like this, talking to a teddy bear. I was too happy that I couldn't control my expression anymore.
 
"The best day~ <3"
 
I tweeted the short tweet since I couldn't find another word that could describe my feeling now. I touched my forehead; the feeling was still lingering.
 
My phone vibrated, a notification that someone just mentioned me in Twitter.

It's from @helloimys.
 
"@yeonHARIN mine is best of the best. ^^"
 
I put my phone near to my lips, closing my eyes as I whispered to myself, hoping that my voice could reach Yoseob somehow.
 
"Saranghae..."