4 - A Contact

If You Know, I Still Do

I looked through the window, gazing at the evening sky while my classmates were busy discussing about our plan for today. Both Junyeon and Rina were helping the others to prepare for the plan.

Today was our last day in the special class. We would be separated into different classes next semester based on our concentration so, technically speaking, today would be our farewell. Therefore an idea to celebrate the farewell party was made.

We would go to a restaurant altogether. I've just done with booking the tables at the restaurant and I only needed to wait for them to get ready for the transportation issue.

My eyes swept over the whole class before landed on the person who was observing the situation from his seat. I unconsciously smiled to myself when I looked at him; I found him quite interesting with his gaze because it looked like he actually wanted to help the others yet he didn't say a word.

"Harin!" Rina called me over with a wide grin. "We're ready! Let's go!"

I stopped looking at Yoseob and approached Rina. I cross checked everything once again to make sure there would be no miss in our plan. After assuring their preparation, I asked Gikwang's help to gather everyone so we could leave to the restaurant right away.

Nothing was too extra-ordinary during the dinner.

Some took pictures together, making jokes to entertain the others, giving opinions to their new friends in class, and some told their thoughts about the special class.

"This class is awesome!" one of my friends said out loud, gaining attention from all of us. "I met so many genius yet humble people. I'm proud to be a part of this class!"

We gave him applause as we waited for another to share their opinions. I looked around to find someone else who would be a perfect person for the next turn.

There he was.

"Yoseob!" Rina suddenly mentioned his name and I swore my heart skipped a beat because of her sudden voice. "It's your turn!"

I could see his surprised expression and he tried to shrug the chance by shaking his head randomly, letting out an awkward laugh. However Rina was really persistent, "Come on, Yoseob! It's our last day in this class! You must have something to say!"

"Yoseob! Yoseob! Yoseob!" my classmates started to chant his name, a sign that they wanted to hear his opinion. Perhaps because he was actually really quiet during class; that's the reason why I was also curious to hear his thought about the class.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously before stood up from his seat; looked like he didn't have another choice. Yoseob took a deep breath before started talking, "I can't find a word to describe how great this class is. This class is irreplaceable and I don't think I can ever forget about the days I had with all of you."

I didn't know if I was imagining things but he took a glance at me. Our eyes met for seconds before he bowed to us at the end of his short speech.

We gave him standing applause, thanking him for his willingness. While Rina started to pick the next person, I didn't take my eyes off of Yoseob. He was talking to Gikwang who sat next to him with a smile.

He sat around four meters away from me so I had no idea if he could feel that I was looking at him. Within seconds, he turned and looked at me once again. When I was going to look away due to the awkward feeling, he flashed me a smile that made my heart to beat faster.

I quickly returned my focus to Junyeon who was giving her opinion now. I put my hand on my chest in silence, feeling how fast my heart was beating because of a classmate I never talked to before; yes, even until this last day, we never actually talked.

"Well, thank you for today!" Rina waved to the others with excitement. "See you all in new semester!"

I also waved to them with Junyeon stood right next to me. I tucked my hands inside of my pockets before turning around to find Yoseob just stepped out from the restaurant with his friends.

The dinner had ended and we had parted our ways to return to our own destinations. As usual I would return with Junyeon and Rina since our houses were not too far from each other.

"Ah, I need to go to the restroom first!" Junyeon suddenly exclaimed with a panic tone. "I'll be right back!"

She rushed back in the restaurant to use the restroom in a dash. While Rina told me that she wanted to follow Junyeon to the restroom and I needed to wait for them outside, Yoseob just bid goodbye to his friends. His friends walked away, leaving him alone.

"Hey."

He greeted me with a sheepish smile. Yoseob took steps closer to me, "Thanks for today. You helped the plan a lot."

"You're welcome," I answered  him calmly, feeling happy because finally I talked with him. At least today we're still classmates, weren't we? "Thank you for participating."

I returned his smile but I didn't know why my heart beat even faster now when I looked at his eyes. He took out his phone and then read the message he just received before mumbling, "Ah, I need to go."

"Harin," he spoke my name with a bright smile on his face. "See you around."

"A-Ah, sure...," I waved slowly to him as he walked away from my stand. My voice grew to be a whisper as he disappeared at the corner of the street. "See you..."

Before I could even think of anything else, Junyeon and Rina had returned from the restroom. I pursed my lips, letting them to lead me to the bus station so we could return to our houses. For an unknown reason, I didn't feel like I needed to tell them about Yoseob.

I wondered why.

I bid them goodbye when we had arrived at the next bus stop. I took the turn to my house, feeling really tired. I took a quick shower before threw myself on the bed, ready to drift into dreamland.

As usual, I checked my Twitter account before I went to sleep. I read the tweets from my classmates, mentioning me for the help for today's dinner plan. I smiled and replied them one by one, thanking them in return.

That's when I realized that there was a new notification.

"1 new follower"

I frowned and clicked the link to check who the new follower was. I didn't feel sleepy anymore when I read the username of my new follower.

"@helloimys"

I checked his name for at least three times. I even opened his profile before I was sure that he was Yang Yoseob, my classmate. I immediately followed him back, putting him in the list of my classmates.

Just when I was going to mention him in my tweet, thanking him for his participation, just like what I did to the others, I received a new Direct Message.

"@yeonHARIN thanks for following me back~ ^^"

It's from Yoseob.

I replied his DM quickly. I didn't know why he must talked with me via DM but I replied him anyway. He asked me why I had not sleep yet and the conversation went on until midnight; time passed by so fast that I didn't realize.

"@yeonHARIN go to sleep. have a sweet dream~ ^^"

With that last DM from him at the night, I replied to him before I went to sleep with a strange feeling like there were butterflies in my stomach just because the image of his smile crossed my mind.

"@helloimys good night, Yoseob. have a sweet dream~ ^^"