14 - A Heart

If You Know, I Still Do

 

"So where will we eat?" Rina asked with no interest as we walked around. "I'm really hungry, you know..."
 
"Talking doesn't make you full," I and laughed with Junyeon. "Of course I know you're hungry. We are hungry. We worked nonstop just now!"
 
"Just a little bit more," Junyeon cheered us up with her usual wide grin. "Come on! It's our last semester in college!"
 
Six months had passed since the last time I talked with Yoseob. Since the last word of goodbye he gave to me, we never talked even for a word as if we never knew each other.
 
I still saved his number of course. I still followed his Twitter account. I still treasured all his presents.
 
I still loved him.
 
I knew it sounded naive but because I loved him, I didn't want to hurt him more. Everytime I saw him from far, it looked like he was so much happier and better without me now.
 
How could I show up and ruin his life again?
 
Yoseob was still the sweet and nice person. Junyeon and Rina told me that he always greeted them politely whenever they saw each other. He was still the brilliant student with good grades as well.
 
Sometimes when I read his tweet update, I smiled when he tweeted about something good. I worried sometimes when he tweeted something which made his mood down.
 
I still cared for him. So much that I couldn't see his eyes until this moment.
 
I was still embarassed with myself. The guilty feeling still burdened me. There were nights where I dreamt of him, saying goodbye to me over and over again. That's when I would wake up with tears in the morning.
 
Now we're in our last semester in college. We were working our final project as a term to graduate from the college.
 
Thanks to the busy schedule, I slowly tried to move on but there was still no one who could help me to forget Yoseob.
 
He owned my heart perfectly.
 
"Why don't we eat ramen?" I suggested, suddenly remembered the nearby ramen restaurant which was Yoseob's favorite restaurant as well. "It's been a while."
 
Junyeon and Rina agreed right away so we walked to the restaurant while discussing about our final project.
 
"Let's cross check the questions list again later," I stepped in the restaurant while focusing my gaze on Junyeon and Rina. "I will-"
 
Accidentally my shoulder bumped with someone else. I quickly turned around to apologize but my apology stuck in my throat all of a sudden when I saw who he was, "Ah, I'm sor-"
 
It's Yoseob.
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
This story is inspired by true events so the ending is not decided by me.

I'm really sorry if the ending doesn't fulfill or suit your expectation but the source of true events and the story line of this story is the girl herself, who I called as Harin here.
 
What do you think will happen after the sudden meeting?
 
 
 
I give two alternate endings for the readers.
 
 
 
 
 
Along with this I want to say "Happy Birthday" to my friend.
This story fulfilled your request and I hope you can remember that, at once, you were loved and your life was beautiful.
 
I will always support you through everything. :)