10 - A Surprise

If You Know, I Still Do
"Aish, it's impossible to finish!" I messed my own hair and sighed heavily. I glanced at the pile of paper cranes on my bed, feeling mad at myself.
 
Today was the day where I supposed to give a thousand of paper cranes to Yoseob. I could imagine his happy face when he realized that I remembered the day even though he never asked me to.
 
However everything was against my will. For the past days I was really busy with my part time job and my college tasks.
 
I blamed myself for falling asleep last night when I was supposed to pull all-nighter to finish the paper cranes. It's still far from a thousand.
 
There were still three hundreds and eighty three to go. How could I finish them in time when I still needed to go to college today?
 
Junyeon and Rina had offered their help but I wanted to make them all by myself. So they agreed to help me with the plan after our classes today.
 
They would pay a suprise visit to his house and asked him to help their college task as the excuse. Meanwhile I would sneak inside with one of them's help carefully.
 
I would sneak into his room and hang the paper cranes. When I had ready, they would ask him to go to his room to see the little surprise from me.
 
Now what should I do with the plan? The paper cranes were not ready yet!
 
"What should I do?" I bit my bottom lip nervously, trying to think about another option. I only had two hours before my class began and it's impossible to finish them.
 
I crossed my arms together, tilting my head while my eyes were still locked at the bunch of paper cranes.
 
"Ah!" I clasped my hands as one and opened my drawer. "Where are you? Where are you?"
 
I was looking for something that I should gave to Junhyung on his birthday months ago. Since we had broken up, I decided not to give it to him and put it in my drawer.
 
I couldn't throw it away since Junhyung was a part of my past that I couldn't erase. As much as my heart ached just by remembering him, I couldn't deny that there was a point where he was all I wanted.
 
"Found it!" I took out a white envelope with my handwriting on it. Inside of it, there were a birthday greeting card and a polaroid picture.
 
My lips unconsciously formed into a curve when I remembered the moment I tried my best to create the polaroid picture. Though I wanted to give the present in person, I knew it's kind of difficult to bring all of the stuff altogether.
 
Perhaps I could use the same idea as my alternative surprise for Yoseob.
 
I spend an hour to prepare for the alternative surprise before I stormed out from my house and headed to the college. I left the paper cranes at a friend's house who lived nearby.
 
The day went well until my classes finished. Junyeon and Rina confirmed the plan to me once again before they headed to Yoseob's house, asking me to make sure that Yoseob was in the house.
 
"Will you come as well?"
 
Yoseob asked me innocently via a text message after I told him that Junyeon and Rina were on their way to his house. I smiled and replied him,
 
"I will. Wait for me. ^^"
 
Well, now all I needed was to go to my friend's house, grabbed the paper cranes, and rushed to Yoseob's house to make him surprised.
 
"Harin?"
 
I turned around because of the familiar voice. It's strange why my heart still skipped a beat when I saw his smile.
 
"Junhyung," I smiled awkwardly as he approached me. I never expected to see him at the moment.
 
"It's been a while," he patted my head and I didn't know why my heart started to beat faster. "Ah, I'm going to have lunch now but my friends are working their tasks. Do you care to accompany me?"
 
I didn't know why I should be confused. I meant, I was in the middle of situation where I must gave a surprise to Yoseob. Wasn't it obvious what my choise supposed to be?
 
"I... I...," I held my breath. Why couldn't I say no to his offer?
 
"It's my treat," Junhyung grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the cafetaria. "Come on. I'll buy you the chocolate milk. It's your favorite, right?"
 
My eyes widened in surprise. He still remembered my favorite?
 
"Harin, is everything alright?" Junhyung asked me while he was enjoying his lunch. I was busy glancing at my phone, afraid that either Junyeon or Rina would call me.
 
"Ah, no, it's... Err...," I dropped my gaze reluctantly. Looked like Junhyung had no idea that I was really close with someone else now. "I need to go. There is something I need to do."
 
"Oh, I'm sorry, Harin! I don't know," he stopped eating. "What is it?"
 
"It's alright. I'm sorry, Junhyung. I'll take my leave then," I stood up and bowed slightly to him. "See you again later."
 
Without even looking back, I ran to my friend's house and took the paper cranes I had arranged neatly as his names.
 
Since it's impossible to create a thousand of paper cranes, I used the paper cranes and formed them as Yoseob's name.
 
When I was on my way to Yoseob's house, Junyeon called me, telling me that she couldn't hold Yosoeb back any longer. She asked me what took me so long.
 
I couldn't tell her the truth. For an unknown reason, I was sure that she would scold me for using Junhyung as the excuse so I just told her to wait for me.
 
Thankfully I made the surprise in time. I managed to sneak in and prepared the little surprise. Junyeon asked Yoseob to go to his room as soon as I finished the preparation.
 
"Surprise!" I exclaimed happily when he opened the door, looking at the paper cranes. I approached him and smiled, "It's been a month since our first date. I know it's not as good as your presents for me but-"
 
Yoseob didn't wait for me to finish my words. He pulled me into a hug, burying his face in my hair as he whispered, "Thank you, Harin. Thank you."
 
I could see Junyeon and Rina covered their eyes playfully before they left the room to give us private time. I couldn't help but to blush because of Yoseob's bold gesture.
 
"So you're late because you prepared these?" he pinched my cheek lightly before planting a kiss on my forehead. "That's really sweet of you."
 
I only could give him a slight nod, feeling guilty because I was half-lying to him.
 
"I'll hang these so I can remember you everyday," he caressed my cheek gently, resting his forehead on mine. "What should I give to you, my Princess?"
 
I didn't need to answer him because the next second I knew, he leaned closer to kiss my lips, making my heart to beat uncontrollably.
 
Ah, how could I choose Junhyung over Yoseob before?
 
I loved Yoseob more than everything. That's all I needed to believe... right?