5 - A Question

If You Know, I Still Do
"Can I ask you a question?"
 
I couldn't help myself to smile after I read the text message. I didn't know why but I found it cute that he always asked me before he gave me a  question about something.
 
"You're free to ask. ^^"
 
I hit the send button and put my phone back on the table. My eyes followed Junyeon who was busy discussing about our new schedule in next semester with Rina.
 
It's been almost a month since our farewell class party, meaning it's already almost a month since Yoseob followed me at Twitter.
 
For almost everyday we always exchanged Direct Messages until I decided that things would be easier if we exchanged our phone numbers. Our little chit chat then moved from Direct Messages into text messages.
 
Honestly speaking we were talking about random stuffs. At first we talked about our class, about the lecturers, and our friends. We also talked about our favorite music, movies, and more to go.
 
Yoseob was a really good companion. Whenever I sent a text message to him, he would reply it within minutes. He always knew how to cheer me up whenever I told him that I was tired after my activities.
 
I never told Junyeon and Rina but I actually felt sad that Yoseob was not in the same class with us this semester. I felt like I would be so much happier if he was in the same class with me.
 
Thanks to him I tried to forget about Junhyung slowly. It's really difficult though since I still met him sometimes due to our activities at college together.
 
It was irritating to see his smile. He didn't change at all. He still gave me his warm smile whenever he saw me. He still patted my head like how he used to do.
 
Ironically... that's what made me felt hurt even more.
 
I still didn't understand why he broke up with me if he kept treating me so nice. I really wanted to ask him if there was anything wrong I did that made me chose to break up with me but I had no courage to do it.
 
Perhaps staying away from him was the best decision I must took to forget about him.
 
My phone vibrated and I quickly took it. I found Yoseob's question in the new text message.
 
"Do you celebrate Valentine?"
 
His question was kind of unexpected. I thought he would ask something else. Why did he even bother about me celebrating Valentine or not?
 
"I like chocolate, if that's what you mean. kekeke~ ^^"
 
After I replied his message, I opened the calendar application on my phone. I just realized that next week was Valentine's Day. Was that why he asked it?
 
He didn't look like a person who loved to celebrate the day though. Or maybe his outer appearance fooled me. We couldn't judge the book from the cover, right?
 
"Harin, let's watch a movie on Valentine!" Junyeon opened up a conversation. What's with Valentine this year?
 
"Don't you have any plan to go with your boyfriend?" I raised my eyebrow, knowing that Junyeon must had a plan with her boyfriend. They're still together even after one year.
 
How I envied her.
 
"At least accompany me," Rina grinned widely. "I'm still single here. Don't forget about me!"
 
I just chuckled at her reaction. I reached for my phone again when a notification of new text message appeared on the screen.
 
"Is your house near to campus?"
 
Why did he ask another question which was totally out from Valentine's Day's topic?
 
I pouted and typed the reply after considering the best choice of words.
 
"Not really. Why?"
 
The conversation continued again until I told him my address. He finally concluded that my house was actually far from our campus while I got to know that his house was really close to campus.
 
"Why is our Harin busy with her phone?" Rina suddenly smiled slyly. "Do you have something to tell us?"
 
I blinked, hesitating whether to tell them or not. A part of me told me that they deserved to know about Yoseob being my texting friend...
 
...but my feeling was still in the middle of healing progress after break up with Junhyung. I didn't think I wanted them to try hooking me up with Yoseob.
 
"Because I'm a busy lady," I stuck out my tongue and laughed. "That's why I will watch movie with you since I'm not busy that day!"
 
I shoved away the questions in my mind about Yoseob and Valentine's Day. Maybe he's just curious.
 
I didn't need to think too much, right?