1 - A Smile

If You Know, I Still Do
I put down my bag and look around, trying to find the familiar faces in the classroom. There were some classmates from previous semester, some persons I barely knew, and the others I never knew.
 
"Harin!" a voice called me and I quickly turned to see who the person was. She quickly rushed to me and hugged me playfully while another girl behind her just smiled at me. "We're in one class!"
 
She was Kang Junyeon, one of my best friends who was also a classmate of mine from previous semester. The other girl was Hwang Rina, also my best friend, who also happened to be the youngest one among three of us.
 
"Yah, we already knew about it since weeks ago," I laughed and sat down. Both of them also took their own seats before we started exchanging stories about our holidays.
 
It's my second year in college and this semester was one of the most remarkable moments in my life.
 
For the start this class was once said as 'the God class', referring to the fact that the students in this class were selected based on their grades during first semester in my major. Only them with excellent grades joined together in this class.
 
I was not going to brag about my grades because it's not the main point here but I would like to share that gathering up with smart persons in one place was indeed a great moment, though there were moments I felt like I couldn't do a thing compared to them.
 
This semester was also the start line of my complicated love life, leading to uneasy feeling in my heart. For your note, I was not exaggerating.
 
Back to my first day in new class, I examined my classmates with Junyeon and Rina, trying to figure out their names secretly.
 
My eyes spotted a boy who just entered the classroom, looking around to find an empty seat. While Junyeon was telling me about a girl who just took a seat at the corner of the room, my eyes followed the boy. Technically speaking I was ignoring Junyeon because something about him caught my attention.
 
He took a seat and, for my surprise, our eyes met. I blinked and freezed for seconds. Feeling embarassed because I was caught up looking at him, I was going to look away when his lips curved into a smile.
 
He smiled at me.
 
I didn't even know his name but I couldn't forget his smile.
 
Even until this moment.
 
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
A really short first chapter as the introduction part. :)