Ch. 7

We Are Teens

 

Nayeon's POV

I stared out of the classroom window watching the rain fall instead of paying attention to the instructor talking. I remember what I saw yesterday when walking home with the girl's.

**Flashback**

"Nayeon unnie, isn't that Jennifer?" Momo said pointing down the street.

I smiled at the thought of her as I whipped my head forward. It is her but she's with Chaeyoung-ssi. As I was about to call out to her my world was crushed. They kissed. Are they together? It didn't look like it was forced on Jennifer in fact I heard her giggle from afar. I watched Jennifer pull Chaeyoung inside of a house disappearing from my sight.

"Oh ," I heard Jeongyeon say.
"Are you okay?" Mina asked looking at me.

I could feel my eyes starting to water but I held it in since I didn't want to cry in the middle of the street. I'd much rather wallow in my own self pity in the comfort of my room.

"I'm fine, we're not dating so I should be ok," I said continuing to walk home.

"But you really like her-" Jihyo spoke but I cut her off.

"Can we talk about this when we're home," I sighed.

She nodded her head so we continued our journey home.

"I'll be right back," I said running to my room as soon as we got inside.

When I got inside my room I let out all the hurt I felt. How'd they get together so quickly? I didn't even see the signs. I'm always watching you so how did I not see this coming! That way I could've at least prepared for my heart to be crushed. When I was done crying I wiped my eyes just in time since I heard a knock on my door.

"Nayeon unnie are you alright?" Jeongyeon asked through the door.

"Yeah just give me a minute," I answered.

"I know your crying," her voice was soft and low.

I didn't respond.

"I'm coming in," she announced.

With a swift motion of the door swinging open made me look in that direction.

"Jeong," my voice cracked before I started to cry more.

She sat down next to me and hugged me patting my back to get it all out. I buried my face in her neck crying my heart out. Slowly I felt the rest of the girl's surround me. When I was done crying I wiped my eyes and sniffled.

"Thanks girls," I said looking at them as the smiled at me.

"I asked Jennifer's friend, Tzuyu about if those two were dating or not. She said that they haven't told them anything so probably no," Sana spoke up after looking at her phone.

Probably isn't really the answer I want to hear.

"Nayeon unnie how about you invite her over so Mina, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Sana and I can interrogate her," Momo reasoned out making us all look at her.

"What I think it's a good idea but wait you might not want to look at her right now. Nevermind," she quickly rejected her own idea.

Such a sweetheart.

"No Momo unnie that's actually a good idea," Mina spoke up hugging Momo before kissing her cheek.

"It is? Awesome glad I can help," Momo smiled foolishly.

I watched them all exit the room to go set up for movie night.

I quickly dialed her number and she picked up on the second ring. We talked for a bit but to my disappointment she's not coming over. Company? She's having dinner with Chaeyoung then? I hung up and laid down in bed just waiting for the day to end.

**Flashback End**

"Nayeon there's an underclassmen looking for you," I heard Jennie call.

I looked towards the door and saw Jennifer. I walked over to her wondering what she was doing here. Shouldn't you be with her.

"Unnie are you and the rest of the unnies busy this weekend?" she asked flashing me a smile.

Gawd that smile hurts me but also brightens my day.

"We're all off this weekend, why?" I asked.

"I thought it would be nice if we all hung out together at my house since my folks are going to be out of town for their anniversary. We could have a little mini party," she said looking at me waiting.

"Uh- yeah I'll tell the girl's about it," I stuttered as she smiled.

"Awesome! I'll see you later when I drop by," she said but I was confused.

"Eh?"

"Jeongyeon unnie told me to come by y'alls place after I'm done with club activities," she said before spinning on her heels to walk away.

I don't think I'm ready to know the answer. I stared off into space watching her leave before Jeongyeon snapped her fingers in my face.

"Jeongyeon ah I don't think I'm ready to get my heart broken again," I said feeling my throat burn.

"Unnie, it's okay I'm sure they're just super close," she assured me.

"But we all saw the kiss. Who kisses their best friend like it's nothing." I whimpered out.

"You do, you kiss Jeongyeon all the time before you started dating what's his face," Momo chimed in eating choco bread.

Did I? I do that but I don't mean anything by it. She patted my back saying encouraging words to make me feel better. Jeongyeon what would I do with out you.

"Don't forget we have the club meeting after school then we interrogate Jennifer," Momo said with her dorky grin.

 

Your POV

"Unnie, c'mon let's head to our club meeting!" I heard Dahyun exclaim from my classroom doorway.

I chuckled at her calling me unnie when we're the same age.

"Why do you call me unnie? I'm only older than you by 2 days," I spoke walking up to her.

"It's cause your way taller than me, unnie" she replied using aegyo.

"Dahyun-ah no just no," I shivered.

Her aegyo is normally cute and easy to deal with but this time it was too much and made me cringe. She laughed at my reaction and dragged me to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu's classroom so we could walk to the club room together.

"You two ready to go?" I asked peeking into the room.

"Yeah. let me just finish packing up first," Tzuyu answered putting her books away.

"Hi Jennifer unnie," I heard voices greet making me look around.

"Oh hey Yoojung, Yeri and Doyeon," I waved and smiled.

They smiled at me waving then left the classroom. I guess Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were ready since I was now being dragged out of the classroom down the halway.

"I wonder what this meeting is about because normally we don't hold club on Tuesday's," Tzuyu said aloud.

"Maybe the Prez wants to talk about the festival that's coming up," Dahyun chimed.

"Wait there's a school festival coming up?" I asked confused.

"Hold on a sec, have we even seen what our prez looks like?" Chaeyoung questioned.

Now that she mentions it we actually haven't. We haven't met the treasure, the secretary, the historians and the VP either.

"Dude we really haven't met any of them," Dahyun exclaimed.

"Well I guess we're about to find out who they are since they have to be at this meeting," I shrugged while opening the club room door.

We walked inside and sat down at an empty table in the back. I looked around to see if I saw any new faces but by the looks of it, it's the same crowd as usual. The door opened revealing Nayeon, Jeongyeon. Mina, Sana, Jihyo and Momo. Don't tell me their the board for the music club. We watched them walk in and stand at the front of the room lined up.

"Good afternoon, my name is Im Nayeon and I'm the President of the music club," Nayeon said with a smile.

As if on cue the rest of the unnies began to introduce themselves and their positions in the club.

Nayeon is the President, Jihyo is the VP, Jeongyeon and Momo are the historians ,Mina is the treasurer and Sana is the secretary. This is a really interesting combination.

"Due to our circumstances we were unable to make the meetings which is why some of you don't know who we are hence the introduction," Jihyo announced.

"Now onto the discussion about the upcoming festival, let's brainstorm ideas," Nayeon unnie said smiling.

We all gathered up ideas for the festival, we took a vote and decided to hold a talent contest and the winner would receive a prize. We weren't sure what kind of prize the winner would get but at least our club knew what event we would be holding. Club activities ended and we all started heading home with the unnies. Soon Dahyun and Tzuyu left heading to their respective houses. The rest of us walked and talked until we go to Chaeyoung's house. As I was saying bye to Chaeng she held onto my jacket sleeve.

"Come inside for a bit," her voice was small.

I looked at her confusion visible on my face as she looked up at me.

"Jennifer, you coming?" Momo unnie asked as they all turned around to look at me.

"Please," Chaeyoung said pouted cutely.

"I'll come by soon. I'm gonna help Chae with something first," I said looking over at them.

"Okay, see you in a bit" they continued down the street.

Chaeyoung pulled me by my sleeve into her house and closed the door behind us. I took off my shoes and waltz into her kitchen feeling the grumble worsen in my stomach. 

"What's up?" I asked looking through the cupboard.

"Your going over to their house," she stated.

"Yea but I might change out of my uniform before I go," I found a bag of Doritos.

"Your going over to their place ALONE," Chaeng emphasized with her hand on her hip.

So cute. I nodded my head opening the bag in my hand and began to eat some. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. I don't know why but annoyed Chaeng is a really cute sight.

"Jen you really don't get why I'm upset do you?" she ran her hand through her brown locks.

I stared at her blankly then smiled at her. I know why but her jealous side is so adorable. I watched her let out an exhausted sigh as stood in front of me. When she was about to speak I cut her off with my lips. The kiss tasted like Doritos and her strawberry lip gloss. I pulled away from her and pecked her forehead. She was as red as a tomato hiding her face by looking away.

"Chaeng, do you trust me?" I asked putting down the bag on the counter.

"Of course I do. It's Nayeon sunbae that I don't trust." she spoke.

"Then that's all that matters. Plus Nayeon unnie and I aren't like that at all," I smiled at her.

"Now I gotta go change because I'm tired of being in my uniform. I'll drop by later, okay?" I held her hand.

She nodded and stood on her tip toes while puckering her lips. I leaned in and softly kissed her for a few minutes.  I left and went home to change into some comfy clothes then headed over to the unnies shared house.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f79454a4572487a4473484f5241673d3d2d3431343436393332312e313463313031643761316531336138623537333035303236313039342e6a7067

 

Thanks for reading this far into the story.

Until next time :]