Ch. 22

We Are Teens

Jennifer's POV

I jumped into the pool and dived into the water grabbing Nayeon. I pulled her to the side of the pool and got out.

"Move," I said laying her out on the floor.

I started to perform CPR on her. C'mon Nayeon please wake up. Come back!

After doing CPR for 45 seconds she sprung up coughing up a bit of water. Oh, thank god! I hugged her tight feeling relief that quickly turned into rage.

"Are you okay?" I asked still holding her in my arms.

"Yes, I'm okay. Just kind of cold now," she spoke shivering slightly.

I draped my jacket around her and helped her stand. I glanced around to find the guy that pushed her.  I grabbed him by his jacket making him drop a cup of mysterious liquid.

"What the hell were you thinking!" I growled.

"My bad I didn't know the chick couldn't swim," he chuckled out.

"You think this is funny? Let's see how you like it," I said flinging him into the pool making everyone gasp.

"ing bastard," I huffed out.

I took Nayeon's hand and lead her through the crowd of people as Dahyun followed along. We got to the door and I felt a tug on my jacket making me turn.

"Wait, y'all are leaving?" Seulgi asked.

"Yes, Nayeon is soaking wet so I'm gonna get her home before she gets sick"

"At least dry the girl off before leaving out into more cold air. You can use my bedroom to dry off," Irene offered.

We followed Irene to her room and closed the door behind us. She handed Nayeon a towel and searched for something in her class.

"Here, this should heat you up" she smiled.

"I'm going back down to the party don't leave without saying goodbye," Irene smiled heading mouth the door.

"Jennifer can I talk to you," Seulgi asked

I looked at her waiting for her to tell me what she wanted to say.

Alone," she whispered out making me nod.

I followed her out of the room into the loud hallway. She was about to speak but stopped. All of a sudden she pulled me into the room next to us closing the door.

"Okay. I was going to ask you, can I have your number?" She asked her cheeks flushed.

"I thought you already had it," I was confused.

"You have mine but you never texted me so I don't have yours," her voice was soft.

I smiled at her and pulled out my phone and sent her a message. I'm surprised it still works since I jumped in the pool with it.

"Now you have it," I said when her phone chimed.

" I'm going to head back to the party, come find me before you leave" she smiled walking away.

I went back into the room and saw just Nayeon in the room.

" Where'd Dahyun go?"

"She went back to the party to challenge those guys from earlier to Mario Kart," she answered.

"Sounds like her," I laughed out.

I sat next to her on the bed with the heater placed in front of her. We sat in silence for about 10 minutes enjoying the silence but every now and then we heard music boom through the hallway.

"It's been a while since we've been by ourselves like this," she pointed out.

"I don't think we've been alone since We pretend to be dating in Jeju," I smiled at the memory.

"Yes, that was fun despite the drama. That was back when I had had a huge crush on you," she smiled.

"Sorry I didn't notice and made things difficult for you," I apologized.

"Don't worry about it too much," she shook her head.

We were once again sitting in silence until she cleared before speaking.

"When I first met you and we went on a date to the amusement park and then later when you acted as my girlfriend, you really didn't know that I liked you." she smiled.

She scooted closer to me making me nervous. I looked at her and saw she was looking at her hands with a faint blush on her cheeks. I realized I was staring at her for too long so I looked away. Then I felt her head in the crook of my neck making me stop breathing.

Nayeon's POV

My heart was racing and my face felt hot. I was stealing glances at her and I noticed she was looking at me too. My heart is beating so fast. I wonder if Jennifer is feeling the same way. I gulped and averted my eyes from her gaze. I tried to calm myself down but to no avail. I could hear her heart beating really fast and her face was as red as a tomato. I snuggled my head against her neck trying to control the urge to kiss her pretty pink lips. I saw her bite her lip looking away from me making the heat rush to my ears. I should really move away from her before I do something stupid. 

"Nayeon?" she spoke making me look at her.

"Yes?" I responded.

"I uh... don't think....um..." she spoke trying to look at me but her eyes wandered to my lips.

I smiled as she tripped over her words feeling my heart skip a beat when she moved a little closer to me. I closed my eyes waiting on the impact but it never happened so I opened my eyes to see what was going on. I saw her standing up holding her hand against her face. 
 

"I don't think we should do this. I'm really attracted to you but I can't do this to Chaeng and Jeongyeon," She began to pace a bit.

She's right. We both have girlfriends who love us we shouldn't be doing this. Why do I still want her to just be mine though? I love Jeongyeon...wait I don't think I actually do. I care about her and want the best for her but I don't think I love her. Oh . I love Jennifer. 

"Your right, but it just feels so right with you. I don't know anymore. Jennifer, don't you feel it?" I questioned.

"Nayeon, ever since we met I could feel something pulling me towards you. I'm really attracted to you and that's bad. I have Chaeng and I love her-," She stopped when Seulgi came bursting in.

"Um...so like I know you have a girlfriend but," She said nervously but rushed towards Jennifer.

"What's going on?" Jennifer questioned looking at her.

Seulgi grabbed her by the shirt and bit her neck. Obviously by the shock of the whole situation didn't react fast enough for her to pull away in time.

"Sorry, it was a dare. Please explain that to your girl," She blushed and ran out of the room closing it behind her,

I stood up to check Jennifer's neck for a mark. Nothing here. She probably didn't bite too hard. I stared at her neck running my fingers along her nape. I felt her tense up by the action. Jennifer looked down at me and adjusted my hand on her chest. Her heartbeat was so fast and then I noticed mine felt so loud that it rang in my ears. Are we just going to keep denying our feelings for each other?

"How is what we're feeling right now so wrong but feels incredibly right?" I asked moving a little closer to her.

"I..." she closed her eyes as if trying to snap herself out of it.

I watched her open her eyes with the same longing expression before crashing her lips into mine. I felt her hands run along my back and held me tight as she deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around her neck trying to be closer but I felt her pick me up and sat down placing me in her lap. We kissed for what seemed like hours before stopping for air. The in the air was thick and hard to just sit through. 

"So um...I think we should go get Dahyun and get out of here," she cleared .

"Your right...um...yeah," I was still trying to get back to my senses.

I sprung off her lap and fixed my clothing and hair. Without a word we just left the room back down to the roaring music and the party was still going strong. We weaved through the crowd until we stumbled upon Dahyun playing beer pong with some guys and Seulgi. She looks so in her element. Oh , they're winning though.

"Hyunnie seems like you've found a new talent," Jennifer beamed.

"Yeah. Y'all ready to go?" she asked.

We nodded our heads and looked at each other.

"Okay just let me get this last cup and...boom! Drink up. It was a pleasure getting owned by me, gentlemen goodnight," Dahyun turned around giggling to herself.

I saw Seulgi pull Jennifer to the side. I watched the interaction all the way up to Selugi hugging her before I turned around feeling a little bit jealous.

"Okay, let's head home" Jennifer pated our backs as we headed for the door.

******Monday morning*******

"Morning my love!" Jeongyeon beamed.

"Good morning babe," I smiled at her.

"Look at you two being lovey-dovey so early," Momo said sipping her coffee.

"Mmm, the taste of happiness," she cupped the mug to her chest.

"So what about the happiness I bring you?" Mina pouted.

"This is a different type of happiness babe," Momo explained earning a cheek pinch from Mina.

I laughed at them and finished up my eggs to go quickly to change. While I was getting dressed I felt a pair of arms snake around me making me jump.

"Don't scare me like that babe," I sighed smiling at Jeong.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it," I smiled when she let me go.

She sat on my bed watching me finish up.

"So how was the party?" she asked making my heart jump.

Stay calm Nayeon. Stay calm.

"It was really fun. We all had a really fun time," I smiled putting on my shoes.

"Glad you had fun babe," she smiled and kissed my forehead before walking out.

I started to remember the events that went down at the party and Jennifer immediately popped into my head. I remembered how soft her lips were when she kissed me and the strong . I put my hand to my lips and it made me smile just thinking of her. I'm so whipped. what about Jeong. I basically cheated on her...! I shook the thoughts out of my head and left out the door to head to school with the girls.