Ch.1

We Are Teens

Your POV

I heard faint crying from around the corner of the building. I slowly walked towards the cries and rounded the corner. I saw a girl curled up hugging her knees as she sobbed. I stepped closer trying my best not to make alot of noise. I guess luck wasn't on my side since I tripped over my shoelaces making me face plant in front of her.

"Damn, that hurt", I said rubbing my face standing up.

I realized that the girl had stopped her sobs to look at me. I got a better look at her. Her hair was black and her red teary eyes were a deep onyx color. I realized I was staring at her for too long since she started to glare at me.

"Can I help you?", she asked with agitation in her voice.

"Sorry, I just heard crying so I came closer to see if everything was ok", I answered scratching my cheek nervously.

I watched as she stood up in front of me. She's shorter than me.

"I'm fine", she said her eyes drifting from my gaze.

I watched her hold herself and bite her lip. How are you fine when you look like you might break.

"My name is Jennifer Choi, you are?" I asked.

"Nayeon, my name is Im Nayeon." she answered in a small voice.

"Well Nayeon-ssi, I don't know the reason behind your tears and you don't exactly know me but I've been told I'm a good listener." I said offering her an ear.

Nayeon wiped the tears from her cheeks and flashed me a bunny tooth smile.

"Thank you Jennifer-ssi. I really appreciate it." she said dusting off her pleated skirt.

"Your eyes are really red I have some eye drops if you want to use it?" I asked taking it out of my jacket pocket.

She nodded her head then tilted it back for me to drop some into her eyes. When I was done I put the drops back into my pocket and leaned against the schools brick wall. We stood there in a comfortable silence. I could tell she was glancing at me every now and then. From the color of her uniform jacket I could tell that she  was a senior since it was red. She's an unnie then.

*Ding Ding*

"That's the bell, it was nice meeting you Jennifer-ssi." Nayeon said in a chipper voice.

I nodded my head and flashed a smile.

"Bye Nayeon sunbaenim." I bid her farewell and disappeared around the corner.

*******

I sat in my last class for the day waiting on Mr.Park to say the words I've been waiting on.

"Class Dismissed." the instructor announced.

"Yes!" the class cheered as they began to gather their things.

"Jen, want to drop by Tzuyu's family restaurant for something to eat?" I heard Dahyun's voice.

I picked up my bag from the floor and turned to face her.

"Yes please, I'm starving." I said holding my stomach.

"Let's go get Chaeyoung  from her class then we can go eat." I heard a familiar voice say.

I looked towards the door and saw Tzuyu leaning against the door.

"Hey Chewy" I greeted but she pouted.

"Jen unnie I told you to stop calling me that", she whined making us laugh.

"But I like calling you 'Chewy' Tzuyu-ah", I said amusingly as I pinched her cheeks and pecked her forehead since I'm slightly taller.

I watched her pout and look at Dahyun for help.

"Can't help you Tzuyu-ah. Once she's made up her mind that's it." Dahyun chimed in while walking out of the classroom.

We followed behind her down to Chaeyoung's class. When we finally got there we saw her packing up her books.

"Chaeyoungie!" Dahyun shouted happily while waving at her.

"Hey unnies, hey Chewy-ah", Chae greeted.

"Not you too," Tzuyu said glaring at me.

Her glare kinda hurts my soul a bit.

"All right food time!" Dahyun and I cheered running down the hall.

"Hey Mr. & Mrs.Chou," we greeted as we sat down in our usual booth.

"Hello girl's, how was your day?" Mrs.Chou asked us while bringing us our usual drinks.

I've been waiting for this strawberry milkshake all day. I took the first sip and my eyes rolled back happily. Magical just magical. I sipped my shake happily until Chaeyoung lightly kicked my shin. I looked up since she was sitting across me. She looked next to me like she was pointing with her eyes. What's wrong? I turned my head and saw Nayeon sunbaenim standing next to me.

"Sunbaenim?" I asked clearly surprised.

"Hi Jennifer-shi, are you ready to order?" she asked.

Then it hit me she was in the restaurants staff uniform.

"Oh, uh-" I stopped to clear my throat.

"I'd like the shrimp spaghetti and another milkshake." I said looking at my almost empty glass.

I watched as the girls gave her their orders and she wrote them down.

"Okay, I'll bring your meal and drinks out to you when their ready." Nayeon said with her bunny tooth smile.

She looked at me with a smile still playing on her lips then went into the kitchen.

"What the hell was that?" Chaeyoung asked looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked feigning ignorance.

"The heart eyes y'all were giving each other." she answered back quickly.

"Looks like someone's crushing on unnie or maybe it's the other way around." Tzuyu piped up sipping her drink laughing with Dahyun.

"Seriously though, Jen how do you know that unnie?" Dahyun asked genuinely curious.

"I just me her today during my free period." I answered leaving out the whole her crying part.

"Ok, she's really cute by the way unnie," Tzuyu said nodding her head.

I nodded my head back agreeing with them.  Naeyeon sunbaenim came over to our table pushing a cart with our food on it. She placed our meals and drinks in front of us.

"Here you go, enjoy your meal. Call me if you need anything else." she said happily.

I felt Chaeyoung kick my leg making me grip my shin.

"What was that for?" I asked in pain.

She didn't answer she just sipped on her strawberry milkshake like she's innocent. Tzuyu and Dahyun just laughed at us. What the hell Youngie-ah?