Chapter 8

Undercover // VKook

His dorm was cosy, a few beds were lined against the walls, but suitcases were layed on only one. He shoved them onto the floor and flopped down onto the bed. Spending the whole day in another form had really tired him out, and after battling it all day, he finally succumbed to the urge to sleep and let his original form slip back.

It felt good to be a boy again, even if he was wearing a skirt.


"YAH!! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!!"

Jungkook didn't remember getting under the covers, but when he woke up, he was snuggled up in a ball, tightly clenching the thick duvet as if it were a teddy bear.

The curtains hadn't been drawn and the sky outside looked dark and starry, the moon was already high above the mist, and when he checked his watch, he realised that he'd been asleep for two hours.

But who was banging on the door?

I say banging, but it was kicking, screaming and a whole lot of swearing.

Jaebum had promised that Nayeon didn't have any roommates, so who was so desperate to get inside?

Gingerly, Jungkook slipped out of bed, shifted back into his Nayeon guise, and unlocked the door.

At once, it was slammed open by an enraged, brown haired girl, with a nose piercing that was shuddering in her fury. If it had been a cartoon, steam would have been pouring out of her ears because boy was she livid.

There was quite a crowd behind her as well, and it had Jungkook mentally face-palming. It was his first day and already he'd made a scene. Jaebum was in the crowd and his eyes had widened considerably with terror and anxiety.

Before Jungkook could curse him for lying, the girl chucked her luggage at the nearest bed (the one Jungkook had been sleeping in) and took her new roommate by the throat.

"I've been sat on a plane for about 23 hours listening to some dude with bad taste in Bollywood music talk to me about his pet rabbit Ernie, and an empty train for two hours on top of that! And then I arrived only to be told that I had missed most of the feast and was going to be sharing a room when I specifically asked for a room on my own!" She shrieked, pressing up against his face and growling like a rabid dog. "If you snore I am going to grab a baseball bat - which I always carry around with me - and stick it up your !"

And with that, she kicked shut the door and stomped over to her (which had previously been his) bed and lay down.

Jungkook wanted to tell her that she'd have to sleep somewhere else because he liked that particular bed, but after seeing how she scared everyone else stiff, he didn't really have the courage.

Muttering a weak, "Just going to get something, back in a bit." He darted out of the door and grabbed Jaebum's arm just as he was about to go back to his dorm.

"Jaebum what the hell???!!!"

"Okay, before you yell at me, I didn't know. She's a transfer student from New Zealand,  I literally just found out, same as you."

Jungkook clutched at his (Nayeon's) hair in frustration. "This really messes things up."

"You think I don't know that!?" Jaebum hissed. "The plan was for you to be dorming alone so that no one would discover your real identity, but that plan just went down the drain."

Jungkook sighed and banged his head against the door. "I hate this place already."

"Can't you, y'know, complain?" Jaebum asked.

Jungkook snorted,  "It's not a hotel! Besides, even if I did complain to my father, it's not like he'd do anything."

"You should probably get back to your new roommate before she wees in all the beds to mark her territory. I wouldn't put it past her, she's like a dog that girl." He forced a grin before closing the boys' dormitory door behind him.

Jungkook was never scared. He was a deatheater for God's sake. Why would he be?

But as he walked into the girls dormitory, he found his legs were shaking.

His new roommate was lying on the bed he'd chosen before with her earphones in and her head moving to the beat.

He swallowed nervously and sat down on the bed furthest from her.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and glared over at him, yanking out her earphones. "What?"

"I, uh, I'm Nayeon." He stuttered.

She stared at him like he was crazy, seemed to think for a moment, then said, "Jennie." Before putting her earphones in again and turning over so she couldn't see him.