Chapter 4

Undercover // VKook

As they neared the carriages, they were surrounded by the crowds of other returning Hogwarts students. Jungkook suddenly felt claustrophobic, he wasn't used to being around so many people after being homeschooled for so long. But the biggest mystery was the things pulling the carriages. They were tall and horse-like, but with leathery skin and skeletal faces, not to mention wings that looked as if they had been ripped of a dragon and blue-tacked on.

"What are they?" he asked Sooyoung, who had looped her arm around his.

She responded with a confused look. "What are you talking abut Nayeon?"

"They're the same thestral carriages we rode in last year." agreed Jeongyeon.

"They're thestrals." said a whisper in his ear. Shocked, Jungkook turned to see that Jaebum had caught up with them and was filling Jungkook in with a hushed voice. "But they're invisible to most people, that's why it looks as if there's nothing there."

Invisible? But Jungkook could see them perfectly well! Confuzzled, he was about to ask Jaebum about it when he was dragged off by Jongin and Sungjong to find a carriage. With a sigh, Jungkook turned back to Nayeon's smothering friends.

"Let's go sit in that one Yeonnie! We can be behind Momo, Sana and Mina!" Jisoo squealed, jumping into a carriage behind two girls who turned around and waved.

As Jungkook followed after her, one of the thestrals at the front of the carriage turned around and glared at him. It's skeletal nostrils flared and it's lip curled up in a small growl. Jungkook shuddered.

As he sat down in between Sooyoung and Jeongyeon, he tried not to think about the creatures in front.

But just as he'd started to relax (well, as much as could with Nayeon's friends beside him), he noticed the boy from earlier climb into the carriage in front. He as joined by a slightly smaller, muscly boy who slipped an arm around the blonde girl - Momo's - shoulders, only to have it slapped away.

Jungkook felt his heart twinge slightly. If Taehyung had sat with Momo and Mina they must be close. He didn't know why, but it made him wish he could be sat in that carriage with him instead. His sweet smile from before came back into his head and Jungkook had to slap his cheeks to snap himself out of it.

The carriages were beginning to move now, the thestrals trotting across the ground like horses.

Not long now

The elder wand will soon be ours