A Beginning Of A New Story

THIS LOVE

A Beginning Of A New Story

 

Several days later.

 

Early in the morning, Andy went to the mall to check the preparation of his new office. It was almost done. The handsome young man looks so casual in his T-shirt and jeans. Nobody recognized him as the president of the mall. And nobody knew that this morning, he also had a hidden agenda.

His cell rang. "Oh. Ye, hyung... I'm at the mall now... No, I just want to check my new office... That's good... No you don’t have too, I know you have an important meeting at your office this morning... See you soon, hyung... Ne, arasso." He turned off the phone.

Andy walked to the supermarket in the basement, the area is so large. From the information that he got, Kang Hana works at the fresh food section. He tried to find that section at the back of the area when suddenly someone tapped his shoulder.

 

"Are you the new guy? It's your first day and you are late! Could you please take this to the shelf. We are out of stock." A young woman handed him a big box of frozen meats.

"But..." He didn't have a chance to talk when that girl grabbed his hand and pull him.
"Follow me."
He glared but couldn't say a word. The box was so heavy!

Swiftly she arranged the frozen meat packages in the almost empty shelf. "The delivery of these frozen meat is late. We must warn the supplier. I mean, the supervisors will kill me if we run out of stocks."
Andy kept silent, just stared at the busy girl in front of him.

 

"I know today is your first day and you don't know your job yet. The supervisor asked me to give you the training. I will explain the details to you later. But we'll open soon and our preparation is not done yet. Oh God, am going crazy... It's always the busiest in the morning, there will be a lot of customers. So..." She touched both Andy's shoulders. "Just follow what I say. Ne?"

He nodded. Dumbfounded.
"Oh, you don't have the uniform yet. Just wear this to keep your clothes clean." She handed an apron to Andy. "What is your name?" Her round bright eyes stared at Andy's.
"Oh? My name... It's Sunho... Lee Sunho."
"Sunho sshi. Okay. My name is Shin Yoona." She showed him her name tag. "It will be very hectic, bear with it. OK? And stay close to me."

He held his smile, it was so good to see positive vibe from the girl that he just met. Don't mention about her pretty face, her face was another interesting thing.

The girl moved closer so their faces were only a few inches apart. Andy was surprised, held his breathe. But he could smell nice scent from the girl's hair.
"Let's work together. Fighting." She said with confidence. Andy could not hide his smile anymore. She's really something!

 

And they were really busy with the preparation and service to the customers. It was quite crowded during the service hours.

After a few hours before the lunch time, the numbers of the customers has decreased. And they already organized to put all the good in its self. She worked so diligently and very neat.
Yoona smiled, she looks satisfied. She turned to Andy.
"Sunho ssi, I think we can take a short break now."

She led Andy to go out from the back door, walked to the cafeteria and ordered some food. He sat face by face with Yoona. The girl looks really tired, she patted her shoulders that must have felt sore.

"We always so busy in the beginning of the month. Ahh.. I'm so tired." She sipped her ice tea.
Andy looked at a bowl of jajangmyeon in front of him. It's been a while since Andy ate that food.
"Go on, you can eat that. Don't worry, I understand if you don't bring any money. I'll pay for the food. And you can treat me once you get your salary." She smiled.

Andy smiled back.
"You must be really tired and hugry by now. Ahh this job could kill us for sure." Yoona said while chewing her meal.

Andy held back his laughter, Yoona was so lively.
"It's good. You should try it."
Andy nodded, "Kamsahamnida. I'll pay you back for the food, Yoona sshi." And he started to eat. Yoona was right, the food was good.

 

"We still have time before we start to work again." Yoona said after they finished eating.
"Oh, can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Have you been working here for a long time?"
"Not really. It's my fourth month here."
"Oh. Perhaps... do you know someone named Kang Hana ssi who works in this section?"

"Kang Hana? Do you know her?"
"Aniyeo." Andy shook his head, "My friend know her and I just... wonder."
"She was my co-worker. But since last month she was transferred to another section. Kitchen set showroom at the upper ground. They said they need more people but we need more people too at the supermarket. Ah, thank God you finally came." Yoona tapped Andy's shoulder.

"Kang Hana. What kind of person she is? I mean..."
"Wey? Why you want to know? Ah, do you like her?" Yoona's eyes widened.
"Ah, ani. Ani." Andy shook his head immediately. "My friend always talks about her so I just want to know..."

Yoona smiled, "No wonder. She's a very nice girl. I think she's too nice sometime. She can't refuse everyone who asks for her help. She can't even say no to a ridiculous request just because she feels indebted to that person's family."
Yoona sighed.

"Hmm.. I think Sena used Hana for her own advantage and now Hana must took the risk, being hated by that rich man. Aigoo..." Yoona mumbled. "I told her not to go on that date. Ahh... poor Hana..." Yoona sighed again.
Andy was listening quietly to what Yoona had been said.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to grumble like this." She said.
"It's okay."
"Hana sshi likes to come to see me at lunch time." Yoona waved her hand. ""There she is. Hana sshi!!"

 

Andy turned back. A beautiful girl with cute dimples on her pretty face walked over to them. And Yoona introduced her to Andy.
"This is my new co-worker, his name is Lee Sunho."
"Oh. Annyeong haseyo." She greeted him politely.
"Annyeong haseyo." Andy nodded. His eyes stared at the girl.

"Sunho sshi said that his friend knows you."
"Ah, really? What is your friend's name?"
"Ohh. My friend? Err... Dongwan. Kim Dongwan."
"Kim Dongwan? I don't remember the name."
"Ah, maybe my friend was mistaken. There a lot of people with the same name, right?"
Hana smiled. "Ye."

 

"Ya, Hana ya. Do you meet that rich man again?" Yoona asked.
Hana turned her head to Andy.
"Ah, it's okay. Sunho sshi doesn't know about anything. We could talk in front of him. You don't mind, right Sunho sshi?"
"Of course. Please feel free. I won't disturb you." He sipped his drink and turned his head. But his ears listened to what the girls talked about.

"No, I don't meet him today."
"You should tell him the whole story. So he won't misunderstand you."
"But I don't want to make Sena looks bad, I mean..."
"It's all her idea. Sena started this. And she didn't pay you to do this. You were helping her. And now she told him that she payed you to date him? God." Yoona looks upset.

Hana didn't say anything.
"Ah, jinjja.. It makes you look bad. Are you really a materialistic girl who can be paid to date a man? Aish! You don't even have a boyfriend before. And she makes you look like a cheap girl."

Andy gasped when he heard Yoona's words. But strangely Hana was laughing.

"Well, I am a materialistic girl. Since dawn I already work to deliver the milk, and then work here. After that I work at the restaurant. Just for money. Aigoo... I will die in the young age." She patted her tired shoulders.

"Let me replace you to deliver the milk tomorrow, oh?"
"No. You don't have to. I can do that."
"Yaaa..."
"It's okay. Really. Beside, you can't ride the scooter smoothly. Last time you fell off the scooter."
"Yeah. I'm not used to it. Miahne, you had to pay for the damage I made."

"It's okay, don't worry. I was glad you didn't get hurt. Beside, you helped me because I had a date that time." She paused for a moment. "Ah, why do I keep remembering him?" Her voice was low.
"Do you mean Eric sshi? You can't forget him. Can you?"
"Oh. He's really a good man. And I feel so guilty to him."
"You must tell him everything. Maybe he will forgive you."

Hana shook her head. "Ani. He belongs to Sena sshi. Things will be worse if I say something. So it's okay if he hates me, as long as he's happy with Sena sshi.”
"Aigoo.. And how about you?"
"I'm alright. Gwencana." She forced a smile. "See?"
"Yaa. I know how you feel. You should not have feeling for that rich man." Yoona hugged Hana. "This will pass, you'll move on."
Hana smiled and then nodded.

 

The girls didn't realize that Andy was listening to them all the time. And now he stared at Hana's beautiful face. She really had a natural beauty, just like Yoona. "Ah, there is no way this girl has any intention to hurt my hyung. She seems like a good girl." Andy sighed.

The break time was over. Hana was already back to her place. Yoona told Andy to go to Human Recourse Department to get his uniform. The man immediately headed to the front office and met the manager.
"Mun sajangnim." The manager startled when he saw Andy in his office. "Where have you been, Sir? I've been looking for you since this morning."

Andy smiled. "Mr. Jang. Please arrange for a new contracted employee named Lee Sunho in the supermarket section. You need to do it now. And I need a supermarket employee uniform."
"Ne? Sir?" The manager startled even more.

 

Skilled Yoona provided a complete training to Andy very clearly. She explained about everything, every product knowledge with the details. Andy knew that Yoona is so smart and capable.
"OK, is there something that you want to ask?"
"No. You told me everything."
"Alright then. Let's have a break for a while." She took her mineral water bottle.

They sat at the bench behind the warehouse.
"Owh... My legs..." she massaged her calves.
"This job is very tiring, huh? Especially for a girl." Andy turned, stared at the girl beside him.
"Ne. But for people like us who has no choice, inevitably we have to accept this job. Ahhh my back is about to break..." She tapped her back.

Andy winched, he felt so tired too. His hands and legs were terribly in pain. And it was only his first day.

"After this you have to take a good rest, Yoona sshi."
"Ne. I will. I feel bad for Hana. After working in here, she has to do another work at the restaurant. A waitress job is quite tiring too. Ohh, jinjja..."
"Really? Is she in trouble? I mean, why she has to do so many jobs?" Andy asked carefully, didn't want to make Yoona suspicious of him.

"I told you, she's just too kind. And it got her into troubles." Yoona looked at Andy. "You seem interested in Hana. You keep on asking about her."
"Ah, no. No. I'm just curious, because I heard what you two talked about earlier."
Yoona smiled, "I warn you, you better not have feeling for her. She already likes someone else. So you have no chance." She glared at Andy.

The man chuckled. "Oh? I see. Are you talking about that rich man?"
"Ne. A chaebol from Mun&Sons company. I know him, he's a well known in high society. Handsome, tall, smart, cool, y and all. Wuah, he's impossible to reach. Ah, why he has to be Hana's first crush? He's definitely out of her reach. Ottoke..." Yoona sighed.

Andy knew really well that his hyung had a good reputation and he became a seizure of families with daughters. He was the most wanted son in law of the nation. But it was strange to find out that Yoona knew about his brother's reputation. But again, maybe she read it in newspaper or internet.

 

"Do you think Hana really likes him?"
"Yes.. Wae? I told you, you have no chance."

Andy held back his smile. "Ye..”
"Sunho sshi."
"Ne?"
"You are not rich, right?"
Andy shook his head.
"How about your family. Are they rich?"
"No."
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
Andy shook his head once again.
"How about we start dating?"
"Ne?!" Andy startled.