Back To The First Place - End Of A Story

THIS LOVE

Back To The Fist Place - End Of A Story

 

It was late at night, Eric walked slowly to one particular place. He stopped in front of that simple buiding and sighed. "What am I doing here?" He murmured to himself. “Oh… God…” He felt barely breathing.

 

"Annyeong haseyo." An ahjumma greeted him as he entered the door. "Ah, you are that handsome guest! Didn't you lose your shoes here before?"
"Ah, ne." Eric nodded.
"Ah, don't worry. I'll take care of your shoes this time. Aren't you the one who came with that pretty girlfriend? Are you alone now?"
Eric nodded once again, a bitter smile on his face.
"What do you want to eat? Ah, I know. Spicy squid​ soup. Am I right?" The ahjumma said happily.
"Yes, please." Eric walked to the same spot where he and Hana used to sit.

Eric looked around, tried to recall the memory when they had their first date in this place. He remembered how upset he was when Hana made him eat that super spicy food. His tongue was numb and his face was full of sweats. And Hana tried her best to fan him with the napkin. She was so cute back then, a smile cracked on Eric's lips.

"Enjoy the food." The ahjumma said as she served the food.
"Thank you."
Eric stared at the spicy squid, it was her favorite food. He could remember when Hana mixed the food swiftly. And her cute expression when she told him to eat.

"Yaa, Hana sshi... I miss you so much. But it seems you don't feel the same. Did you really see me only for the money?" He murmured sadly.

Eric just realized that maybe Hana wasn't a daughter of a rich family. That's why he could possibly try to understand her now. The reason why she did this to him. She's just a contracted employee in his family's luxury mall. Of course she need the money. Ah, Eric felt his head was so heavy.

"Excuse me. Can I have a bottle of Soju?"

.....................

 

"Sir? Sir? Ah, he's drunk." The ahjumma tried to wake him up, but Eric was completely drunk. "Aigoo... What should I do?"

..............

It was almost mid night. Hana was on her way home after she worked at the restaurant, when she received a phone call from someone she almost forget.
"Hello? Ne. Ne... What?!"

.....................

 

Hana walked faster when she saw Eric at the corner of the restaurant. Worry and nervous at the same time.

The man was lying down on the table, his eyes were closed. She touched his broad shoulders.
"Eric sshi? Eric sshi! Wake up! How much did you drink? Owh... Ottoke..."
"Hana... " He murmured her name softly.

"Eric sshi? Can you hear me?"
No answer from drunken Eric.
"Oh, ottoke... I can't take him all the way home. What should I do?" Hana felt so confused.
"Hana..." Eric lifted his head and looked at the girl.
"Ah, are you okay? Do you need to throw up?"
He shook his head.

"I don't know why you went here. You can't eat spicy food. How much did you drink?" She could see that there were 4 empty bottles of Soju on the table.

 

"I missed you. Hana sshi, I missed you..."
He put his head on her shoulder, closed his eyes. Eric felt so comfortable as he smelled the scent from her long neck and the warmth of her skin. Her delicate white skin. He smiled, peace in his mind.
"Eric sshi..." Hana stunned, her eyes were teary. "I'm sorry..."
They stayed still for some time.

"Eric sshi? Do you feel better?" She stared at the man who was trying to get up. But he was staggering.
"I need to go outside."
"You need some fresh air? Let me help you." She put one of his hand on her shoulder and grabbed his waist, tried to support him walking.
Eric turned his head and realized how close they were. His heart throbbed faster.

............................

 

They sat on the bench side by side, not so far from the restaurant. Eric still felt drunk but the fresh air made him feel a little bit better. And the realization that Hana was here beside him, really made him happy.
"You should go home." The girl said in a cold tone.
"Hana sshi?"
"I left my number at the restaurant after you lost your shoes there. They called me. That's why I'm here now. You should go home." She stood up.

He held her wrist. "Wait. Don't go. Let's just stay here."
She pulled her hand, "You have to go home."
"I said no!"

Eric stood up. They stared at each other, face to face.
"I'm not asking you to stay the night. I'm just asking for a few minutes. Don't you know how I feel?"
"What about you? Do you know how I feel? Why are you bothering me? Why are you doing this?"

"If I paid you, would you stay with me?"
Hana stupefied, "Eric sshi..."
"I know you love money. You kept up the pretense of dating me for the money. How much did you get? How much do you need?"
He opened his wallet, looked for the cash.
"Eric sshi!" Hana's eyes were full with tears

"I don't have the cash now. But wait...." He looked around and he walked to the ATM with his shaky steps.

"Eric sshi!" Hana tried to stop him but Eric kept on walking. He finally stopped when they both were in the ATM room.
"I'll give you the money. Is that what you want? Right?"
"You can't say that to me! Say you're sorry!" She was shaking because she was so angry, almost cried.

"I know there's a service like that. You pay girls to go on dates with you. I'll give you as much as you want."
"Is this who you are, Eric Mun sshi? Is this the kind of man you are? I don't want to talk to you anymore!!"

She leaved, but Eric hold her waist, her phone dropped to the floor.

"Don't go. Hana sshi... " He pulled her near. "I just want you to stay."
"I never dated you for the money!"
"So why did you date me? Why did you lie to me? Why?"
Hana could see that Eric was full of pain. And she felt so sorry for that.

"Sena sshi is related to the family who saved my life. She asked me to do her a favor and I never..."

The electricity was off. Suddenly it became dark around them.
"Oh! What's going on?" Hana ran to the door, it was locked. "Oh, ottoke. They must be locked automatically! Ohh what are we going to do?"

She ran to the phone.
"Hello? Hello? The phone's not working!" Suddenly she realized that they were trapped in that place. Just the two of them, in the middle of the night, and no one around.

"Open the door! Please, help us!" Hana pounded on the glass wall for some time. "Hah... There is no body outside." She gave up. "My phone's not working too." She looked at her phone. "Where's your phone?"

Eric shook his head, "I don't know. Maybe it fell." He sat on the floor, leaned to the wall. He still felt so dizzy because of the alcohol.

"Mianhe. This is all my fault. I'm sorry."
Hana turned her head to the man on the floor. He looks harmless.
"At least you sound sober now." She joined him to sit on the floor, not far away from Eric. "Oh, they are going to start worrying about me if I'm late..."

"I'll tell your parents what happened. I'll tell them it wasn't your fault. Mianhe."
"This isn't about my parents. I'm worrying about Mr. and Mrs. Kim."
Eric looked at Hana closely, "I thought you were living with your parents."
"I don't have any parents." She paused and then continued her words. "I grew up in an orphanage."

Eric stupefied, "Hana sshi... I'm sorry..."
"You don't have to be. It's nothing to be proud of, but I'm not ashamed of my past." She smiled, a sorrowful smile.

It was silent for a while until Eric spoke later.
"I'm sorry I was being so rude. I didn't want to let you go."
Hana sighed heavily.
"Let me make myself clear. I don't want to date you. I don't even like you." Her voice was so firm and clear.

They stared at each other. Hana tried her best to hide all the feelings in her heart. She must said the words, they were very contradicted with her true feeling but she must said them. And it was really hard.

Eric felt bitter. All her words stabbed his heart so deeply. It hurts like hell. He tried to calm down and suddenly he felt so sleepy. His dizzy head and aching heart brought him to unconscious state. It was silent for some times.

.............................

Hana crouched down next to sleeping Eric. She looked at the man with a loving gaze. Her shaking hand touched his closed eyes carefully and smiled. Eric's bright lovely dark eyes, she love them the most. His eyes. He was still in his working suit. So freaking handsome and irresistibly lovely.

She kept on looking at Eric closely, she knew she must leave him since the electricity was on now. But it was so hard to say goodbye​ to that man. "Eric sshi, I really really like you... Mianhe..." She whispered the words and then she stood up and walked away.

.................

Eric woke up and found himself sitting on the floor. Alone. He touched his dizzy head and moaned. "Ohh.. Where's Hana?" He tried to get up and walked outside. The girl was nowhere to find. He sighed.

Eric got back to the bench near the restaurant. And luckily he found his cell there. Eric called someone.

.....................

"Hyung!" Andy ran to Eric. "Are you okay?"
Eric nodded, "I'm fine. It's just... Andy-ah, I'm a loser..."
"Ah, hyung... You are drunk. Let me help you to walk. My car is over there." He brought his hyung to his car.

Andy looked at Eric who sat beside him. Eric was lying down with his eyes closed, maybe he still feels sick with the alcohol or whatever happened to him tonight. His strong and cool big brother seemed so weak and pathetic now.

Andy clenched his teeth.
"Oh, hyung… I will not let them do this to you. That Kim Sena. The deceiver... The scooter girl, Kang Hana... You must pay for this." He mumbled and started the car, too
k away his only beloved brother from that place.