The Storm On A Calm Day

THIS LOVE

Eric walked down the stairs happily. It’s Sunday and he had a date with Sena. From their spacious cozy living room, he could hear people talking. Guess his parents had some guests and Eric could see them after he reached down stair. A married couple, probably around the same age as his parents, and a young woman. His parents seemed familiar with them.

 

“Ah, Eric.” His Mom waved her hand. “Come here, dear. It’s Sena’s parents here. You haven’t meet them yet, have you?”

“Oh?” Eric was surprised when his mom told him so.

“Come, you must greet them.”

“Yes, Mom.” He walked closer and then bowed 90 degrees. “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Eric.”

 

“Omo… Eric sshi is such a handsome and polite man.” Sena’s Mom praised him. “I understand now why Sena wants us to meet him right away.” She turned her head to the young woman beside her. “Sena sshi, you are one lucky woman…”

 

Eric stupefied. “Sena sshi?” He stared at the young woman. Puzzled.

 

The young woman smiled. She asked permission from the parents to have a private talk with Eric. Eric followed her, dumbfounded. And after that he was surprised by what the woman said. Something that he never thought before, and now he didn’t know how to react. As if his world was turned around, uncontrollable.

 

………………………..

 

Eric had mixed feelings, between distrust, confusion, shock and anger. When he finally met face to face with the girl he knew as Kim Sena all along.

 

“Who are you?” He said, coldly. He gave her a death glare.

She stupefied, her face looked pale in a sudden. She stared at Eric with a frightened look.

“Mianhe… Cheongmal mianhe…”

“I ask you, who the hell are you?! Is it true… you are not her? You are not... Kim Sena?” Eric’s voice trembled, tried to hold back his emotion as best as he could. But he wasn’t very succed.

 

The young girl nodded. “Mianhe. My name is Kang Hana. I really want to tell you about this before, but…” She bit her lip, “Mianhe..” her voice was weak, tears on her eyes.

 

Eric shook his head, he couldn’t believe what he heard. “No… What do you mean? Kang Hana? But... What is it? Are you playing your game on me?”

“Aniyeo. It’s not like that.”

 

“And then what??!” Eric’s eyes were gleaming with rage. “What is it??!” He was so angry, and also feels hurt. “Are you deceiving me? Are you playing your game on me?”

 

Hana shook her head, “Aniyeo.. it’s not like that. Eric sshi, please…”

“So all this time… all things that you said to me was a lie? Is it?”

Hana could only look down and started to cry.

“I can’t believe you are able to do that. And I can’t believe that I like a liar like you.” Eric was full with anger, he almost exploded.

“No.. it’s not like that.. I mean..” Hana tried to speak but she felt tongue tied.

 

Eric didn’t say any word, he soon left without turning back. Hana could only stare at the dashing man's back with tears in her eyes.

“I’m so sorry. Please forgive me… Please… Ottoke…” And the tears kept on falling.

 

………….

 

“What?” Andy dumbfounded when his hyung told him about a girl who disguised as Sena all this time. Eric often told him the story about Kim Sena, the girl that he dated recently. And Andy know how much his hyung liked the girl and he couldn’t wait to meet the strong candidate as his future sister in law. But now?

 

“She’s a deceiver.” Eric snorted.

“But why? So the girl you've been seeing is not the real Kim Sena, is that it? So who is she? How..?” Andy stared at his hyung with puzzled look.

Eric sighed. “Sena, the real Sena, asked that girl to disguise and to replace her for dating me.”

“What? But why?”

 

Eric shook his head. “This is so silly, you know.” He stared at his younger brother. “This crazy Kim Sena said that she saw me several times before. Now I can recall to that memory. I remember we had met before in a flight from Tokyo to Seoul. Around a couple months ago. We even shared the same taxi, since she asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend.”

“What? Hyung?”

 

“It was so fast, I couldn’t even think by that time. When we landed, there was this guy who was waiting for her in the exit door. I thought it was her ex or something. And suddenly she grabbed my hands and asked me to pretend as her new boyfriend. She wanted to avoid her possessive ex. But that was it. After we left the airport, I stopped and moved to another taxi.”

“So… You know her already? This Kim Sena?”

 

“No. We didn’t even introduced ourselves. I mean, she was so arrogant and I didn’t care about her. I didn’t remember about her. Until we met again in a furniture exhibition. She said ‘hi’ first and reminded me about our first meeting at the plane. But I think I had an important phone call so I left her.” Eric snorted.

 

“And? What happened next?”

“Sena said she has a crush on me. Could you believe that?”

“Well, it’s not hard to believe it. I mean, you are the most wanted bachelor in the country.”

“Aishh..” Eric hissed. “The silly thing is, she was regretting the fact that she missed the chance to introduce herself to me. So she kinda looked some information about me. When her mom tried to set a blind date for her, she avoided the arranged date and asked someone to replace her. She had no idea that her date is me, the man she was looking for. I’m going crazy now, unbelievable!” Eric ruffled his hair.

 

“Oh my God…” Andy stunned.

“So ridiculous. Eventually she found out that the man she was looking for, is me. Eric Mun, the same man that she avoided all this time.” Eric touched his forehead. “This is crazy. I… Crazy...” He sighed.

 

Andy shook his head, “These girls… unbelievable.”

“I don’t wanna meet any of them anymore. No. Never.”

“Okay, I understand. But hyung, I thought you like her a lot.”

“Who? The deceiver?” Eric snorted. “She’s a liar.” There was pain in his voice. “I hate her. How could on earth she possibly lie to me like this? She played with my heart. She’s... scary.”

“Do you know why she did this to you? I mean…"

 

“Sena said she payed her to do this. She did this for money.” Eric’s voice was hoarse. Bitter.

“Mwo?” Andy shook his head, “Yaa, that’s no good.”

“It’s terrible. I mean... You date a person for money, it’s so low…” He snorted again. Became bitter and bitter. “God…”

 

“Oh, hyung… I’m speechless. Are you okay now?” Andy tapped his brother’s shoulder.

“Ya. I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hey, it’s nothing. I’m fine before and will be fine after. They are not important for me. That Sena and… the deceiver.”

Andy sighed. He know his hyung is a strong man but he also know how happy Eric was when he told him about Sena. The one he thought as Sena. The deceiver.

 

……………

 

Door knocked, his mom entered Eric’s room.

“Eric dear, Kim Sena sshi are here to meet you.”

Eric shook his head, “No, Mom. You know that I don’t wanna meet her. Never.”

“Honey… This is the fourth time she comes to meet you. Why do you refuse her every time? She’s really sorry for what happened between you two. Dear, she hopes she could start new with you. Just give her a chance, will you?”

 

“Mom.” Eric glared at his mom, “I don’t want to. Don’t push me.”

“OK, I understand. You still need time.”

“Tell her not to waste her time.”

“Well, I could see that she has a strong heart. She loves you, dear… I mean, she falls in love with you at the very first sight. I could understand why she did this, it’s not that she wants to hurt you or…”

“Mom!”

“Alright. Alright… Ah, Eric…” His Mom left the room.

 

Eric sighed. He didn’t care how many time Sena will come to see him. No, he didn’t want to see her. But that girl, Kang Hana… God, he felt angry at her. So angry. But at the same time, he kept thinking of her. He wanted to meet her.

“Oh, this !” He snorted.

 

……………..

 

Eric had been sitting in his car for a while, he parked his white sports car on the street across the entrance of the mall. He looked at his big luxury watch and sighed. He waited for someone and he felt impatient by now. His handsome face was tightened as he tried to keep his dark eyes on his surroundings.

 

Eric missed her so much. Yes, he must admit that he missed Hana and that feeling is killing him slowly inside.

 

So he woke up this morning with one purpose only. To find Hana. But then he just realized that he already erased her phone numbers in his mobile. And of course Hana didn’t work at Genie because well... obviously she’s not Sena. He didn’t know how and where he could find that girl. This was the only place that he could think about. The mall. He really hoped to see Hana here.

 

Eric was still angry with that girl. He felt that Hana was playing with his heart, his sincere heart. He didn’t understand how could Hana did this to him. His anger still has not been extinguished.

 

Suddenly Eric saw the figure he recognized. A slender girl with her long dark hair was walking out from the entrance of the mall. Eric stunned for a moment. Her face was still as pretty as before. She even looks prettier. And For no apparent reason Eric felt his heart beat faster and faster. It’s been some times since the last time he saw the girl. He couldn’t hide the excitement of seeing Hana again.

 

Hana was fine, there was a smile on her lips. Her thin y lips. Her thin y delicious lips. Arrgh, Eric groaned. A little bit upset for the thought that popped in his mixed mind. Yes, after all that happened, he still had a high desire to kiss those lips. Just sue me, he chuckled. Couldn’t believe in his own feeling.

 

But... how could she just looked so normal, like nothing happened? Meanwhile Eric felt so miserable like this.

Eric tsk-ed. He got out of his car and waited until that pretty girl walked over.

 

“Hana sshi.”

Hana turned her head and she was surprised. This was the first time she heard Eric calling her name. Her real name.

“Eric sshi...”

 

Both of them stupefied. Just stayed still and looked at each other. Eric couldn’t deny the sudden feeling of joy in his heart when he heard her angelic voice, calling his name. And he saw her beautiful eyes were sparkling when she glared at him.

 

“I need to talk to you.” He opened the car’s door. “Get in.” Calm and firm.

“I have nothing to say to you.” She tried to walk away.

Eric closed the car’s door and immediately grabbed Hana’s wrist.

“But I do.”

 

She looked at him in the eyes.

“Eric sshi...”

“Hana sshi, why did you keep seeing me?”

“Let go of me.” Hana tried to pull her hand.

“Answer me.”

“Let go. It hurts.”

“Are you not giving me any explanation?”

“Why should I? You already know everything from Sena sshi, right?”

“I want to hear from you. Who were you? Were you pretending to be Sena? Or were you being yourself?”

 

Hana pulled her hand and Eric let it go.

“It’s all in the past!” She yelled. Her eyes were glossy with tear.

“But this could be my future!!” Eric yelled back.

Hana stupefied, glared at Eric with an unreadable gaze.

 

Eric’s eyes became dark, full of emotion.

“Hana sshi. Tell me. Did you ever have any feelings for me at all?” Eric’s voice was soft and calm, but also clear.

 

Hana felt her heart pounding so fast. She swallowed and hardened her heart. Her sudden aching heart.

“Why should that matter now? Beside, you had feelings for Sena, not me. Don’t make this worse than it already is. Please.” She bowed and immediately turned and walked away quickly, leaving the still-silent Eric.

 

“This is the best... Yes... this is the best for you... Oh my God...” Hana whispered the words to herself, tried to convince herself. As the tears flow down on her pale face. Barely breathing. Her hand hurts, but her heart hurts even more.

 

........................

 

Andy saw his brother entering his new office with his frowned face.

“Hyung. You are here.” He approached his brother who was sitting on the couch.

“Hi, Andy” Eric said softly.

“Wae? Is there something wrong?”

Eric sighed. “I met Hana, in front of the mall.”

 

“What? Hana? The deceiver? Here?”

Eric nodded, “I met her several times in this mall, so I thought I could meet her here and....”

“Really? Could it be...” Andy stood up and walked to his desk. “What is her name again?” He reached the phone.

“Kang Hana”Eric stared at his brother. Puzzled.

Andy talked on the phone. “Oh. This is Andy. Please check if there is any employee with the name Kang Hana in this mall? Yea, I need the data right away. Okay, thank you.”

 

Eric stupefied. As he saw the employee’s profile paper in his hand. It’s her. It’s the same Kang Hana.

“Yaa, hyung... She’s one of our employee.” Andy sighed. “I bet you didn’t know about this before.”

Eric still speechless, he was very surprised. Some facts about Hana scared him. As if he did not know anything about her. Anything at all.