The Scooter Girl

THIS LOVE

 

Eric threw his briefcase and then his tall body to the king size bed. Still in his suits, the handsome man exhaled loudly. In a short time, the door is opened. Andy showed up and immediately jumped into the bed, lay next to Eric.

 

“Hyung.”

“Hm?”

“Why did you reject the blind date that Mom set for you? I heard the girl is very pretty and she is the daughter of an important person in the government.”

Eric lazily glanced at his brother who was two years younger than him. “So?”

“Aigoo.. You are very cool, hyung. But why?”

“For now, I do not want to get married. I'll get married when I want to get married. Are we clear?”

Andy clucked, “You... What a theory... Jinjja..”

Eric got out of the bed and threw his cell phone to bed carelessly. “Enough with me, mom should arrange a blind date for you instead of me.”

 

“What? No way!” Andy could hear his hyung laughed in the bathroom. “That crazy brat...” he murmured. Andy glanced when Eric’s cell phone rang, he took it. “Scooter girl? Hyung! There’s a call from scooter girl.” His face frowned as he looked to the cell. “What’s with these girls who were always chasing him like crazy? Tsk..”

 

When Eric came out from the bathroom, he took his cell. There were 2 missed calls from the scooter girl. “Ah, this weird girl...” Eric sighed.

“Scooter girl? Who is she, hyung?”

“I don’t know her name.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“There is this strange girl who is always making trouble with me lately.”

“Mwo? How come?”

“First time I met her, I was visiting one of our mall in Gangnam. I was about to leave when she called and said that I had to replace the broken mirror of her scooter. I really didn’t understand what she meant. Because we were there at the same location, so we met. She said I had rammed her scooter in the parking lot. I never even knew what is her scooter like.” Eric still looked upset.

 

Andy amused to hear Eric’s story. “That’s really strange. Is she a maniac who’s trying to get close to you, maybe? I mean, hyung... Many girls are trying to approach you with many ways, including with the silly lunatic ways.”

Eric shook his head, “I don’t think so. But I don’t know.”

“But how could she know your phone number?”

“She found my name card on her scooter, that’s why she thought I rammed her scooter.”

“Mwo? Who put your name card on her scooter?”

“Dongwan did. That idiot. He accidentally rammed her scooter and put the wrong name card on the scooter. I found out when I got to the office and told Dongwan about it.”

 

“Oh my God. Dongwan hyung. He always screwed like that.” Andy laughed at his older cousin, Dongwan.

“And still, she did not care about it and just kept chasing me like I was a criminal.”

“But you do replace her mirror. Right, hyung?”

“Yes, of course. But it did not end there.” Eric snorted.

“Waeyo? Whan happened then?” Andy felt curious.

 

“Few days ago I went to the mall again. Dad asked me to represent him in meetings with the suppliers. So I finished the meeting and went to the jewelry shop to buy a birthday gift for Mom. Do you remember the diamond necklace that I showed you?”

“Oh. But you did not give it to Mom because Mom already had the exact same. Right?”

“Right. So, when I bought the necklace, guess what? I met her again. And it turned out that the scooter girl also wanted to buy that necklace. And it was the last collection in the store.”

“What?”

“I've finished paying for the necklace when she insisted that she had seen the necklace since a week ago and already intend to buy. Ridiculous, huh?”

Andy laughed so hard. “Ah, she’s so weird!”

 

“Yeah. And she followed me to the parking lot, while whining and asking me to sell the necklace to her. So annoying. She even bid will pay more than the store price. Do you know the price she offered me?”

“No, hyung. Tell me?” Andy curious.

“5000 won more than the store price.”

“What?” Andy laughing while rolled in the bed. “That girl is hilarious!”

 

Eric grinned, “This is the first time I met a silly girl like that. Aigoo.. I mean, what is my sin that I have to deal with her? Tsk...”

“You broke many girls hearts. That’s your sin.”

“Aisshh..”

“But hyung, you don’t need that necklace. You bought a bracelet for Mom the next day.”

Eric nodded, “Therefore I thought I would give the necklace to the scooter girl. So I called her and we met, she paid for the necklace. I thought my business with her is done completely.”

 

“But...? It didn’t stop there, right?” Andy smiled widely. “Did she ask you to go on a date?”

Eric shook his head, “She really made me crazy. The next day she called me and said that she wanted to refund the necklace but the jewelry shop asked her the purchase receipt. And you know what, she chased me for the receipt. God...” Eric sighed.

 

“Mwo?” Andy laughed so hard until his eyes wet. “Hyung... She’s really something! What do you do then?”

“Molla.. Maybe I already threw away the receipt or it was tucked somewhere. She kept asking me to look for it. Ahhh... “

 

“So what happened then?”

“She came to Mun&Sons.”

“What? She came to your office?!”

“She knew that I work there from my name card. I did not want to see her, so I asked the security to do not let her in.”

“But hyung...”

“I know it was rude, but she scared me. I mean... “ Eric sighed. “I attended a meeting and when I finished, I looked down from my window... She was still there, waiting outside in the pouring rain for hours.”

“Really? That’s...” Andy speechless.

 

“I finally went down and met her. I gave her the money for the necklace and asked her to stay away from me and don't call me again.”

“Gesh, hyung... Why I feel sad for her? But, what is wrong with that girl? You are right, she’s a little bit scary...”

“Yeah. Scary. I think she played me. Ah, whatever..” Eric shrugged.

 

“But why did she still call you just now?”

“Ahhh.. She said she did not want to accept my money for free. So she wants to pay in installments. Andy-ah, can you imagine that?” Eric sighed. “I told her to forget about the money, as long as she leave me alone. Tsk...”

Andy giggled, “Oh my God. Hyung... What dream you had to meet a girl like that? I mean... hahaha”

 

Eric shook his head, “Molla... Aissh, jinjja...”

“How she looks like? Is she pretty?”
”Mwo?” Eric glanced at Andy.

“Ah, I bet she’s not good looking, but she is an interesting person.”

“She’s slender, tall enough, her face is a little pale. That's all that I can remember.” Eric tried to imagine the girl’s face.

The scooter girl.