Decisions

An Unexpected Encounter

Sora woke up first then Teuk. The rain still didn't stop. What's worse, it got harder. The streets are still flooded. Manager Ming called him again and told him to tell Sora they'll have to stay there today again. Teuk wasn't irritated like yesterday actually, he was kind of contented and happy. Sora was toasting bread and making coffee when Teuk went out of the room.

"Uhm... good morning!" Teuk greeted Sora even though it isn't really a "good" morning because of the hard raining.

Sora move towards him who was in the entrance of the kitchen. She touched his forehead, his cheeks and his neck. But there was no signs of fever. Teuk for moment felt nervous and frozen.

Sora giggled. "I thought you're sick yesterday and today but it seems you're fine." she said jokingly.

"Ha, ha. Funny." he said with a straight face.

"Sor --"

"How many times do you need to say that?" Teuk said irritatingly.

"Until you stop getting mad at me?" she replied faintly while bowing her head.

There was silence for a minute.

"Look, I'm sorry if I'm always mad at you."

Sora raised her head as she pouted then slowly smiled. She hugged Teuk and they were silent.

"Good morning!" she whispered.

They were like that for about three minutes. Teuk felt secured and safe and calm. Sora felt how she really missed him. She remembered how she didn't let her siblings know about him and said she doesn't know him. It is to forget him. But when she saw him, she knew she couldn't but still pretended to not know him. But now, as she tightened her arms around him, she decided to help him remember her. She doesn't want to hide anymore. And after that, she'll remain to his side to be his friend. The bestfriend she had had. She then let him go. Ting! The bread's toasted.

_____

It's already 12 noon when suddenly, the lights shutted. It's brownout. Then the thunder roared again. Teuk went out of the room and off to Sora's room again. But Sora also went out of her room when she heard the thunder. But, ...

"Ouch!" Sora fell down, her back on the floor. She could feel Teuk above her but, she can't feel him move. The thunder roared again. Louder this time. She felt Teuk move. He's now beside her on the floor.

"Sora!" Teuk cried out.

Sora laughed hard. And poof! Lights on again. She was still laughing. Teuk looked at her she was laughing still. He felt relieved because the lights are on after some terror minutes and thunderings. He laughed with her. They are still lying on the floor. Sora turned her face to Teuk's direction. He looks genuine like before. Happy and carefree.

"Always laugh like that, please. And smile. You look like monster everytime you frown." she smiled.

Teuk face her then stood up. He grinned as he offered his hands to her. Sora took it and smiled back.

_____

They played games like monopoly and rock, paper, scissors for the whole afternoon. The rain is slowly going away. "Hey, I think we can go home now." Sora said as she released the dice to the board.

"Let's just stay here for the night." he replied.

"I thought you want to go home?"

"Uhm... you know I want to have a break from work tomorrow. I'm sure I have tons tomorrow. So let's go home late tomorrow."

"Okay!" she smiled.

He grinned back.

"There! You're learning!" she said excitedly. "But don't just grin. Smile!" she added.

He smiled then Sora laughed.

_____

After having dinner, they went to their room. Teuk smiled. Giggled actually as he remembered the things that happened yesterday and today. He was feeling pretty good. It was like they have known each other. Which is true. But when he went through each of it, Pancakes that Sora made and her waiting for him while it was raining and the line "You look like monster everytime you frown." and everytime she smiled he felt like he knew her. He felt nervous and and at the same time security whenever he's around her. A while ago, when they both fell, he didn't know what to do. The best thing he  could do was to be silent. He didn't know why but it feels like something's going on. So, he decided to see what can he find out and think deeply why is he thinking she is someone he knew. After thinking more, he slept with the thought of her.