Rainy Day

An Unexpected Encounter

It was a raining heavily. And KS wished to go to see her siblings. But, she was hesitating because she needs to do Rule #4. But she really wants to surprise them and stay with them even until afternoon. So, she decided to gather up her courage. She decided to see LT to get permission. LT is in the practice room. But still, she went. She knocked twice.

"Teuk? Can I ask you something?" she said from the outside. She knocked again. She can't hear anything.

Finally. He opened the door.

"Didn't I tell you? You can't disturb me?" he said trying hard not to shout so much.

"I'm sorry. Sorry. Please continue. Nevermind." she said bowing and calmly.

She just went away, sadly. He felt guilty. He wants to follow her and tell her he's sorry and what will she ask. But he did not. He just watched her vanished as she made a turn left, back to her room. He continued to practice. KS with her heavy footsteps, went to her room and lie down on her bed.

"I understand him. I agree to the rules so, I must have followed it." KS admitted to herself. "But I really want to see them. Oh! That's right! I'll just ask permission from Manager Ming and tell him to tell it to Teuk." she said happily to herself.

She went to Manager Ming. Manager Ming allowed her. He also gave her her pay.

"Thank you Manager Ming." she said smiling

"No. Thank you." Manager Ming said to her. "It's raining hard. You sure you don't need a ride?" he said worrying.

"I'm fine. I'll just text you when I have arrived at my house." She said

She said 'thank you' again then left. She brought with her an umbrella and went directly to the bus stop. Meanwhile, LT just finished his practices. He went directly to Manager Ming.

"Manager, have you seen her?" LT asked.

"Her? You mean Sora?"

"Yes"

"Oh right. She asked permission from me to visit her siblings and told me to tell it to you."

"You allowed her? It's raining hard." he said worrying.

"She wanted to. And why wouldn't I? She's been stucked here like forever." M. Ming said reasonably

"Anyway, do you have her address?" he asked

M. Ming has her address. He got it and left. Shoot. The rain got harder. It was traffic. He tried every shortcut but still none of these shortcuts worked. And for the tenth time, he called Sora. At last! She answered.

"Where the hell are you?!" LT shouted at her on the phone.

"I'm here still at the bus stop." she said almost shouting so he could hear her.

"Didn't I told you you can't go without my permission?" He said still shouting.

There was silence for a moment. LT is still finding his way with the roads. At last a somewhat unheavy road.

"I'm sorry" she finally said as her voice trailed off.

"I'll go there. Wait for me. It's the nearest bus stop to the dorm, right?"

"Yeah" she said almost whispering at the end of the line.

"Wait for me." he said like cursing her.

He hung up. KS patiently waited since no bus stopped. Still, the rain was heavily pouring. LT u-turned to go back. After 20 minutes, he found her. Sitting while looking down. He saw a familiar view. He doesn't remember when and where. But to him, it felt like a familiar view. He snapped out of the idea and drove his way to the bus stop, to her. Her face brightened as she saw a car stopped by. She opened the door at the back.

"No. Sit here." he said pointing on the seat at his side.

She sat in the front. LT offered him a towel.

"You should've told me." LT said faintly.

"No. I shouldn't have disturbed you because I have agreed." she insisted.

There was an awkward silence. KS was drying her hair since it got wet from all the waiting for the bus. She wants to ask if they will go home already but, she saw him made a right turn. She knew it was the way to her home.

"Thank you. Really. So much." she said as she hugged him as the stop light turned to red.

LT smiled cheesily. "Go away." he said bitterly.

KS shoved away still smiling. She waited 5 minutes more. And they have arrived.