That Thing

An Unexpected Encounter

"What?" Sora said so silently like she was defeated. Teuk noticed that her breathing was the same as her hearbeat. It was fast yet irregular. 

"I don't like repeating things, Sora." Teuk said smirking but still holding on to her waist and pulling her closer than ever. Sora just stared at him dumbfounded. 

Sora's face is heating up so much that she felt a trickle of sweat coming down her face. She gulped at their nearness but continued to stay where she were anyway - in Teuk's arms. 

"So... you'll not be saying anything?" Teuk said not letting her go.

"Erm... can you repeat what you just said?" Sora said not remembering what he just said.

"Again, I don't like repeating things." Teuk said smirking.

"Okay..." she in air. "Erm... I'm not sure if you said that thing..." She emphasized the word 'that'. 

She moved away from Teuk causing him to raise an eyebrows at her. Sora looked away from him and turned her back too.

"Hey! Are you leaving me?" Teuk said now feeling somewhat defeated. There he was. He confessed his love for her yet she just told him to repeat what he said moved away, turned her back to move away. WOW. It hurt big time. "You can just say that you don't like me, you know? And not not saying anything and leave." He said grabbing her wrist and turning her around to look at him. 

Sora was smiling from ear to ear beautifully. But as soon as she realized what was happening, she immediately ran away from him. 

"No... he can't love me and he must not love me..." And the next thing she knows is that she was crying. She pretended from the start to not know him since she thought that it would be easy. But she was wrong - very wrong. 

Her tears don't stop falling but she keeps running and running - away from Teuk.

_____________________

"Where's Sora?" Teuk asked breathlessly to Manager Ming.

"I don't know. You were the one who's with her yet you don't know where she is? What happened?"

He didn't answer Manager Ming anymore. Instead, he just went to his room and lied down. 

"After that smile, why did she ran away? Ugh! So frustrating!" Teuk said throwing his pillows.

He thought that he needed to really find Sora because he's going crazy about it. Was she just playing with him? Or she doesn't just really like him?

He stood up and was planning to head out to look for Sora but then the door knob twisted and it was Sora who was crying. 

Wait. Sora's crying? Teuk thought.

"Oh..." He heard her say faintly.

"Yeah, oh." Teuk said bitterly. He doesn't know why is he acting such a when he should be comforting Sora and such but hell he's doing it anyway.

"I'll be going..." Sora said avoiding eye contact with him.

But before Teuk could ask she could see Sora putting back her things inside her duffel bag. She doesn't have much things and in no time she will be done. So Teuk thought there wouldn't be enough gap for him to ask her of her actions earlier.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going? And you know you can just tell me you didn't like me, right? And why the hell are you crying?!" Teuk waited for an answer but all he heard were the zipping of the bag and feet walking around the room. "You know what? I'm so frustrated right now! Awhile ago you just stormed away from me without saying anything and after giving me that smile and why the hell did I even said that? Ugh." 

At that moment Sora finished packing her things but there were still tears streaming down her eyes. But before she could reach for the door. Teuk stopped him by holding her wrist as she passed by him.

They were side by side now. They know it'll hurt more if they're face to face so this position is good.

"I don't undertsand you. Heck, I don't understand what's happening at all - me confessing to you all of a sudden, you and me that close, you and me kissing the other night, you crying awhile ago until now but I just know that that one thing is for sure."

"No, it's not for sure." Sora said stuttering from holding back her tears.

"For me it is. I don't even know if you like me or not but since you're doing this I don't have any choice but to let you go since I have that thing for you. And I'll be saying it again because you might've missed it awhile ago. I --"

"No. Don't. Can't you see? I'm the reason you are like this. Ever since you met me, your world turned upside down - you had an instant "not so good, not so pretty, not a celebrity" girlfriend, you broke your own rules, you hurt Yoona and many more things."

"But I'm liking the way I am now. Isn't that enough for you?"

"What if I say not?"

"I'll... really... let you go." He said so slowly that before completing the sentence he thought it over if he would like to say it and will be ready for her answer.

"Then no. It's not enough." Sora said mustering up all the will in her to say that even though it hurt her more than hell.

"Okay then. Let me just say this again in case you forget..." Teuk looked at her. "I love you." And he let go of her.