Day Out

An Unexpected Encounter

LT went to see Manager Ming. He asked if they can go out together.

"Are you starting to like her, huh?" Manager Ming teasingly said.

"No. It's for show." He said defensively

"Really? Okay. If you say so." Manager Ming said teasing LT and smiling suspectingly.

"No. Really. Just for the act." He said again

"Did I say something? So defensive, huh?" Manager Ming said as he giggled and walked away to do his own work.

He thought deeply. "Am I defensive?","Of course I'm not" he asked and answered himself.

He then went straight to KS's room. He knocked and waited for her to open or answer. After a minute or so, she opened the door. He was speechless. She's really beautiful, indeed. She was wearing a red t-shirt like dress up until above the knee, simple black flats, a necklace that looks old and she was wearing her hair back. She was embarrased.

"I'll go change if you don't like it. I know I don't have style. I'm sorry." she said bowing down.

"No, it's fine. Let's go." He said trying his hardest to not smile.

"Thank You" she said as she raised her head.

They rode his car. She doesn't know where they're headed and didn't dare to ask. But she suddenly wanted to know more about him since she'll live with him.

"Uhm... Can I ask you questions?" she asked slowly

"Depends." He answered quickly.

"Uhm... May I know where are your parents?"

"They're living abroad. We have big businesses, you know. But I don't want to handle them and this is what I wanted." 

"Ahhhh." was all she can say

"May I ask where are your parents?" He asked returning to her, her question.

"Ahhh. They died when I was 16." She sadly said

"Ahhhh. I'm sorry." He said looking at her

"No. It's okay. They died because of a plane crash. We used to be rich. If they didn't die, maybe I'll not learn how to be independent. I learned how to earn a living for my two younger siblings." She said being proud of herself but still sad.

He looked at her again. There was silence. Thank goodness they have already arrived.

"Wow!!!" KS delightedly said. Her eyes widened.

They're on an amusement park. But before that LT ground some rules.

First, always smile. Second, just go with the flow. And third, enjoy.

When he said the third rule, he looked at her reaction. He was contented because she looked touched by him. Before entering, KS asked something.

" Is it really okay to go public like this? Will you not be very tired? Is it okay if you go with a walking disaster like me?" she askes worriedly.

He just grabbed her hands and smiled as he was dragging her. He doesn't know why but he felt really good and happy. They rode many rides, not caring people take pictures of them. They both look to true and in love and genuine even though they're really not together. It's amazing how can this happen. Two different hearts, can they be one?

It's almost night time when they finished. They rode all the rides. They went home right after that. They talked funny moments that happened and their funny pictures captured. They both look really happy. Finally, they arrived. Before they get to enter the dorm house, KS made LT face her.

"Teuk, stay still." she said and she hugged him. "Thank you for this day. I really enjoyed even just for show. Thank you, really." she said still hugging him.

His face is blank. It was the first time he heard her say his name. She then backed off. "Smile more often like that. Many more people will like you." she said then smiled and entered first.

LT just stood there. Frozen. Hadn't said anything. He doesn't know why he's feeling this way. All he knew was, he's happy and scared of what might happen.

And for her, she also doesn't know. Her heart says to not make him mad and just make him happy.