The Confusion

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: The Confusion

          Yoona was hiding behind the wall near the hotel lobby when Changwook was chasing after her. Her hand was holding onto her thumping chest. Her heart was about to explode. She still can’t believe what had happened few minutes ago. He was kissing her! Yes, he was! But why was he? He’s getting married to Park Minyoung but why did he kissed her?

          Right after she was sure Changwook already left the venue, Yoona finally made her way out and she stopped a taxi and quickly ordered the driver to take her home. Right after she arrived at her home safely, she locked the door and walked to her bed. Lying down on the bed and closing her eyes. Her mind is battling with her heart. Why must she felt hurt when she saw Park Minyoung was kissing Changwook? She shouldn’t be. She has no relationship with Changwook, personally! Professionally yes; she is his secretary. However, it wasn’t only that, her heart is racing again when she remember the kiss they shared near the lobby.

          “No, ImYoona! This is wrong! He’s your boss! He has a fiancée and soon to be married!” she spoke as she sat on the bed.

          ‘But He’s the father of your baby! You deserve his attention too…’ Her heart kept telling her something else.

          Yoona sighed. Her eyes moved towards the brown bag next to her on the bad. Slowly,  she took out the film from her bag and stared at the black and white picture of her baby. She caressed the picture as she smile.

          “It’s okay baby! You have your mommy! I promise you, we will have a wonderful life together” She uttered. At least, she has someone and she is sure that; she will loveher baby endlessly.

          The ring from her phone was ignored. She knew who called her. It was Changwook, but she doesn’t want to give herself a false hope. He was worried and that was all.

***

          Changwook tried to call Yoona’s phone over and over again, he can’t remember how many times it was but she didn’t answer her phone at all. He was worried and he wanted to hear her voice and explain all the misunderstanding caused by Minyoung.

          After tired of trying, he finally left a message for her. With the hope that she will read and reply him but the message was ignored and he finally went to sleep holding his phone while dreaming of Yoona.

***

          Early in the morning, Changwook reached his office but he found out Yoona wasn’t there. Loosening his tie as he walked into his office and was greeted by someone else, sitting on his chair. He sighed as he walked in.

          “What do you want?” he asked.

          Park Minyoung stands up and walked to Changwook. “Good morning darling!” She greeted as she put her arms around his neck but he pushed her hand away.

          Changwook walked to his chair and sit down. Park Minyoung followed him and sat on the edge of the table right in front of him.

          “Please, just leave me alone! I don’t want to ruin my mood by looking at your face early in the morning!”

          “Changwook-ah..why are you doing this to me? I was waiting for you to call me and apologize for going out with your secretary but you didn’t even call me once…” she complained.

          “Why must I apologize to you? Why do you care if I went out with Yoona?”

          “Of course I care! I love you so much and you know that, but don’t worry darling, I knew that you only have me inside your heart right darling? I knew you just want to play with those women especially that girl, ImYoona; It doesn’t matter because I knew, in the end; you will come back to me!” Park Minyoung started making her way as she sit on Changwook’s lap but they were interrupted by someone and it was no other than Yoona herself.

          “Oh..sorry, I thought you weren’t here yet….” Yoona apologized and closed the door as she retreated.

          Changwook pushed Minyoung away from him and called for Yoona to come in. “Miss Im please come in!”

          Yoona was clenching her planner on her chest as she heard him called her Miss Im. Yes, that’s her usual name that will come out from his lips. They shared a professional relationship as an empoyer and an employee. No more and no less.

          Yoona pushed the door open and she nodded her head at Park Minyong. She was looking at her the moment Yoona came into the room. Yoona was standing right in front of Changwook and was waiting for him to say something.

          Changwook noticed that Yoona is wearing a scarf around her neck. That was quite new for her to dress like and he knew why she did that. Changwook cleared his throat. “Did you reach home safely last night?”

          “Darling, why would you care if she reached home safely or not?” Park Minyoung interrupted.

          “I DO CARE SO SHUT UP!” he gave a warning to Park Minyoung.

          Yoona was staring at them both. She felt awkward to stand in between them. “I-I am okay…don’t worry about me. Boss, I think; I am going to give you and your fiancée time to talk first, I’ll come back later”

          Park Minyoung smile with satisfaction. “Good!” she uttered and saw Yoona retreated.

          “Im Yoona, come back here!” she heard Changwook voiced and she stopped walking and slowly turn around. Hesitately, she made her way towards him once again and notice how Park Minyoung’s face turned sour.

          “Changwook-ah I wanted to discuss something important with you and I don’t want to discuss this in front of outsider…” Park Minyoung utter as she rolled her eyes at Yoona.

          Yoona knows, she was the outsider and the most perfect term to describe her conditions at the moment was intruder. She did intrude their ‘lovey-dovey’ action just now.

          “It’s okay…you may finish with your matter first, I’ll come back later…” Yoona answered.

          “No it’s okay..you stay here!” Changwook cut her.

          Park Minyoung turned to look at Yoona. “DON’T YOU HAVE ANY CONSCIENCE AT ALL? AT THIS MOMENT, YOU SHOULD JUST LEAVE!” Park Minyoung voice was so loud and Yoona believed that her voice can be heard even from outside of the office.

          Yoona was in dilemma. She was confused. She didn’t know what she is supposed to do.

          “Don’t order my employee like you own them, this is my company and you are the intruder and you should leave instead of her” Changwook utter and he look at Yoona once again.“ImYoona, SIT DOWN!” Changwook ordered her and Yoona has no other choice but to obey to her boss. “Ok good! Now I am gonna explain the misunderstanding caused by this woman…”Changwook pointed her fingers at Park Minyoung.

          Park Minyoung eyes was bolted out at Changwook statement’s. “What do you mean a misunderstanding?” she asked Changwook.

          “You just shut up!” he talked to Park Minyoung and once again turned to look at Yoona’s confused face. “Ok, first of all; I don’t have a fiancée!”

          “Changwook-ah!” Park Miyoung objected right away.

          “I said shut up! Let me do all the talking! “this woman is not my fiancée and I never have a fiancée! Second, I never had intention to marry her and you don’t have to be afraid of her! Third, there’s nothing happened between me and her except she is just the daughter of my dad’s friend..”Changwook utter and looked at Yoona’s face.

          Yoona was looking at them both. Why is he explaining this to her right in front of Park Minyoung herself?  Is she supposed to believe him now? She was confused again!

          “So, do you have any other questions?” Changwook asked.

          Yoona shake her head at him.

          “Ok good! You can go and make a coffee for me…”

          Yoona stand up and bow to both of them before she left.

          Park Minyoung gritted her lips. “What was all that?” she asked him.

          “I am not in the mood to talk to you, so please leave now!” Changwook utter and Park Minyoung stomped her feet before she left the office.

          Changwook sigh as he sits on his chair. Then he quickly stand up as he needs to talk to Yoona in person.

          Yoona was walking to the pantry when Changwook hold onto her arm and bring her into the archieve room. Yoona was shocked and she couldn’t processes what is happening until Changwook bring her into the room and locked the door. She gulped her saliva as her chest started to pound.

          “W-Why Sir?” she stuttered.

          Changwook rubbed his face using his palm before he turned around to look at his secretary. He doesn’t know why did he do that. He was confused too. “Oh, I…I want you to look for a file of last year project in China..you still remember where did you put the file?” he asked as he pretend to search for the file.

          Yoona slowly moved towards the shelf and started looking for the file that he meant. While Yoona is searching for the files, Changwook took the chance to stare at her face. It was true after all, what Taejoon always told him. Im Yoona is indeed different from other woman out there. Her beauty is really out of this world, unusual. If he wants to exaggerate but he really mean it. Maybe that is why Park Minyoung is feeling threatened even just looking at Yoona.

          “Here is the file…” Yoon found the file and she showed it to him but as she turned around. She saw Changwook is right in front of her. Only few inches away and she can smell his perfume from her position. She tried to move away but Changwook hold onto her hand and pulled her towards him as her body crashed onto his hard chest.

          Yoona’s heart was pounding like crazy, her face turned red and she feels suffocated as she can’t breath properly. Changwook hands move to touch her cheek.

          “Why did I never realize that you are this pretty?” he asked as he looked into her eyes.

          “S-Sir???”Yoona legs become woobly. She tried to stand properly but she couldn’t.  She doesn’t know what she is supposed to do.

          “Changwook pulled the scarf from her neck and it revealed a mark. The one that he made himself.A reddish mark around her white porcelain skin. It was his doing. He leaved the marks on her and he feels happy just by staring at the mark.

          Changwook descend his lips on hers and kissed her. Yoona was helpless. She tried to resist him but she couldn’t push his strong body away from her. She can feel his hand sneaking inside her blouse. She wanted to cry. Her eyes are teary. Yoona feel wronged. She thought he only wanted her body and that is why he kept pursuing her. By using the last bit of her strength, she pushed his body away from her and her hand flew to his cheek.

          Changwook finally realized what he did to her was wrong. Yoona threw the file onto the floor as she opened the door and run towards her table to take her purse before she left.

          Changwook tried to chase after her but right before he reached the elevator. He saw a few share holders coming towards his way.

****

          The next morning, Yoona was determined. She doesn’t want to give herself a false hope. It is true after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter