The Hope

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The Hope

Both Yoona and Sunny is sitting on the chair in the doctor’s room as they were waiting for the result of Yoona’s urine test. Sunny is trying to comfort Yoona because she looked very worried. Then ten minutes later, a doctor comes into the room with a document in her hand.

          “Which one of you is Miss Im?” the female doctor asked right after she sits in front of the women.

          “I am…” Yoona spoke and looked at the doctor’s face.

          The middle age doctor looked at Yoona’s face and nodded her head. “Ok Miss Im, We have done the urine test and the result is positive, congratulations! You are pregnant, I think, we should proceed with the ultrasound to make another confirmation” the female doctor usher as she pulled the curtain where there’s one bed and ultra sound machine next to the bed.

          Yoona and Sunny become frozen at the doctor’s word, especially Yoona. She doesn’t know how she should respond to the news. Sunny hold onto Yoona’s hand as she tried to calm Yoona’s down.

          “Please lie down on the bed…” the doctor looked at Yoona.

          Yoona become hesitate but Sunny nodded her head at Yoona and helped Yoona to stand up and walked her to the bed.

          “Unnie…I am scared..” Yoona mutter.

          “Don’t worry everything’s gonna be alright…I am right here with you…” Sunnny words gave Yoona a little bit of motivation.

          Yoona lie down onto the bed with the help of Sunny and the doctor start to work on the machine before she applied a gel onto Yoona’s stomach.

          “Try to relax, this test won’t hurt you…” the doctor can sense Yoona’s uneasiness as she moved when the doctor is applying the gel onto her stomach. Then the doctor put the transducer onto her belly as she is looking at the screen.

          “You can look at the screen, the tiny dot…that’s called embryo and it is still early but soon enough your baby will be developing well since you are two weeks pregnant and we will prepare for appointment for you to see the development of your baby…we will give you a copy of the sonogram’s film too..it’s like the picture of your baby at their early stage..”

          Yoona look at the screen. It is like a dream. The one on the monitor is her baby. She is really pregnant with Changwook’s baby. A tear almost dropped but she tried to hold it in since she don’t want the doctor to misunderstand her.

          Right after they were finished. The doctor gave Yoona towel to wipe the gel away from her belly. Sunny helped Yoona and they were back to sit on the chair. The doctor is writing something on the report card.

          “Your pregnancy is still at the early stage, you must be careful, don’t do any hardwork, eat well and rest well and did you experience any morning sickness like nausea or vomiting?” the doctor asked, looking into the eye’s of the beautiful woman in front of her and see how she nodded her head.

          The female doctor smile again. “Don’t worry, that could happen because your body is adjusting with the new hormones, usually it won’t last long but it also could continue until you enter your second trimester, if you have any discomfort or any problems, you can directly come to the hospital to meet me, and here is the sonogram film of your baby, you can keep this and you can go to the pharmacy counter to pick your medicine..” the doctor spoke as she gave the film and a piece of paper to Yoona but she didn’t take it.

          “Thank you doctor…” Sunny spoke as she take it on behalf of Yoona.

          “Why? Is something wrong?” The doctor asked full of concern. She can guess that the pregnancy is not a plan pregnancy from how shocked the mother looked and as an experience doctor, she is afraid if she’s going to do something to her baby.

          “Does her boyfriend knew that she is here for the check up?” the female doctor asked Sunny.

          “Of course he knew, my sister is just in shocked because this is her first baby…thank you doctor, we will go now…” Sunny stand up with Yoona and left the doctor’s room.

***

          Yoona look outside of the window. Right after they were back from the hospital, Sunny insist for her to go to her house. She doesn’t want Yoona to feel alone or stressed about the matter. At the same time, there’s nothing she can do at the moment because tomorrow is supposed to be her wedding day.

          Sunny come into the room and sit on the bed. She is going to sleep with Yoona for tonight. They are supposed to talk about the girly stuff since tomorrow is her big day but she doesn’t want to make Yoona’s sad.

          “You are ready to talk?” Sunny asked. Yoona hasn’t said anything since they were back from the hospital. As far as she knew, Yoona never has any boyfriend. She is one of the conservative girls that she has ever know. She is too naïve for something like this but is she do has boyfriend then, Sunny can assume that, this happened because she was inexperience. This could be an accident too.

          Yoona smile as she looked at Sunny. “Thank you unnie, thank you for always staying by my side…” she utter as she look at Sunny.

          Sunny take Yoona’s hand onto her hand. “I am always eyes and ears for you Yoona, you can tell me everything…”

          Yoona sigh. “I don’t know how to put all of this unnie, this seems like dream to me…am I dreaming right now, if I am can you do something to wake me up unnie?” she asked Sunny.

          Sunny moved forward and embrace Yoona. “I am here for you…If you are not ready to talk, don’t force yourself…”

          Yoona wiped away her tears. At least, she has Sunny to talk to and she doesn’t feel alone anymore.

          Yoona looked at Sunny. “What is going to happen to me?” she asked.

          “What do you mean?”

          “My baby, sooner or later, he or she would grow bigger inside of me? What should I do then? Then what about my grandmother? What should I tell her? I-I am not married yet unnie and I am already pregnant, what would the society think of me? A perhaps?” she asked Sunny.

          “Yoona…I knew you, you are not someone like that, if you are not ready with all of this, perhaps we still can do something about this, this is still early stages of pregnancy and we wouldn’t have problem to…”

          “You want me to do abortion?” Yoona cut Sunny’s word.

          Sunny looked into Yoona’s eye, “Then you want to keep the baby?” she asked for confirmation.

          “My baby is innocent unnie, my baby did nothing wrong, it was me, it was my fault, who am I to denied her or his existence? I don’t want to be cruel, eventhough this is a mistake but I am gonna let my baby see the world…” She utter.

          Sunny sigh and smile. “I know you are a good woman, and your baby is such a lucky one to be born from your womb, I believe you will make a wonderful mommy ever in this world…so, I will support you no matter what your reason is…”

          “Thank you unnie?”

          “Okay, how about this, after the wedding ceremony tomorrow, let’s go and meet the father of your baby, maybe he would accept the baby like how you are…”

          Yoona looked at Sunny. “Unnie, it’s not as easy as that, he doesn’t know about this and he doesn’t know about me too”

          “What do you mean? I don’t understand…” then after a few second, Sunny gasped in shocked. “It-It was a one night stand?” she asked Yoona.

          Yoona nodded her head and looked out of the window. “He doesn’t knew what had happened between us or should I say, he doesn’t remember me at all, you think he will believe me if I told him that I am pregnant with his baby?”

          “We should try first, he’s the one that taking advantage of you, I believe that was your first time too right? Did he force himself on you perhaps?”

          “No, I don’t think he forces himself on me, I was drunk but I am sure he was drunk too because when I met him, he doesn’t seem like he remember it at all, he is just treating me like usual, like something never happened between us…”

          Sunny was listening intently at Yoona’s word. It seems like; she knew who the father of her baby is. “Is he someone that I knew too? You are talking like he is someone that you meet everyday…” Then Sunny’s mouth was opened in shocked. “It was him?” she asked for confirmation.

          “Ji Changwook?” Sunny asked.

          Yoona closed her eyes and nodded her head.

          “Oh Yoona….what should we do?” Sunny hugged Yoona. Now, this is a big problem. They knew who he is, a player and should they say, a playboy too. Plus, he already has a fiancée and Yoona used to have a rough history with his fiancée. What more if she knew that Yoona slept with Changwook and now she is pregnant with his baby.

          “Can you promise me not telling this to anyone unnie?” Yoona asked.

          “I will Yoona, don’t worry…I am not going to let anyone harm you and your baby…” Sunny hugged Yoona. “He’s coming for my wedding, do you think you can bear being in the same room as him?” Sunny asked.

          “I have to unnie, remember that I am his secretary and I will always meet him…”

          “I think, the best way for you to be away from him is by resigning…No, I don’t mean it in a bad way but if you think it is unbearable then your resignation is the best thing that you should do for you and your baby…”

          “I will think about that, now; can we stop talking about me? Tomorrow is your big day, you should sleep early…”

          “Then, let’s go to sleep…” Sunny pulled Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter