The Truth

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          Changwook drove his car away from the hospital. He still can see Yoona’s figure from his side mirror, she is standing still in front of the entrance as she watched his car disappeared. Changwook took a deep breath. ‘Just wait for me Yoona…I’ll come back to you as soon as possible…’

          His phone started to ring once again and it was Minyoung again. Finally this time he answered the call.

          “Changwook-ah…where are you? You are supposed to be here one hour early and it’s about time...why are you still not here?” Minyoung’s voice was clearly worried on the other line.

          Changwook smirked at her question. “Why? Are you afraid if I am going to left you at the altar? …I warned you already right…”

          “Changwook-ah…please stop joking…you have to come and get ready…the guest is waiting for our appearance…”

          Changwook said nothing but he wondered why is this woman is such a pain in the . She still doesn’t understand that he’s not going to marry her. She called this upon herself. He did warned her and her whole family but they played him dirty, so this time; he’s going to play for real and his game will be dirtier than them. Changwook just don’t care anymore.

          “You will get what I mean in about fifteen minutes…enjoy your happiness while you still can…” Changwook uttered and he ended the call.

          Right after he ended the call with Minyoung. Changwook called his private investigator once again.

          “I have one last request for you…can you do this favor?” he asked.

***

          Minyoung looked at her phone. Changwook just hung up on her just like that. She was worried. Since Yoona’s grandmother’s passed away. It was hard for her to contact him moreover to see him. She believed. He was with Yoona all this time, but she still don’t know where Yoona lived. Yoona has a powerful businessman like Mr Hao as her family now, so it makes Im Yoona invicible too and Minyoung was worried if Yoona is going to use her new parents to revenge her.

          “Minyoung-ah...where is your fiancée?” she heard her friends’ question.

          “Oh...he’ll be here soon…he’s a busy man, even during our wedding day, he still working…he’s on his way here…” Minyoung smiled. She is pretending to be happy.

          “Your dress is so beautiful…I heard that a famous designer designed this dress especially for you…” she heard the compliments.

          “Yeah…” Minyoung smiled bitterly. Her hand is getting colder as she kept waiting for Changwook to arrive.

          Then, her maid come into the room and whispered something to her ears and made Minyoung smile becomes wider. “Everyone…my groom is here…I am sorry but I’ll talk to you guys later…I have to get ready…” she spoke and her friends started to leave the waiting room.

          Minyoung turned to look at her personal maid. “Is he here for real? Where is he?” she asked.

          “He’s in the changing room young mistress…”

          Minyoung smiled meaningfully and she just sits on the couch with a calm feeling. Finally, the day that she has been waiting for all her life has come. She held onto her flower and then she saw her mother came into the waiting room.

          “Get ready…your groom is almost ready…”

          “Neh omma…” Minyoung stand up and followed her mother.

***

          All eyes fell at Changwook as he entered the hall. It was not because he was the groom but it was because he was a groom but dressed in his black t-shirt and his jeans. The crowd started to whisper among themselves as they saw Changwook entered and marched forward to the altar.

          Yerim’s mouth hung open as she looked at her brother but she already suspected this and just grinned mischieveosly. She noticed her father’s shocked expression as well as her mother’s red face. She was clearly embarrassed as her son turned up at his wedding dressed casually as if he’s going to the supermarket.

          Changwook’s eyes met with Taejoon and he nodded his head at him. Taejoon then started his work as he is getting ready with the microphone, a laptop and a thumbrive. Changwook’s thumbdrive.

          Changwook’s mother quickly stood up and walked to him. “Changwook-ah...why are you dressed like this? Go and change your clothes…” she gritted her lips.

          “Relaxed omma…I know what I am doing…”

          Madam Ji returned back to her seat and she whispered something to her husband’s ear.

          The music started to play to sign the bride’s entrance and the door was opened. Minyoung and her dad walked hand in hand into the hall. Minyoung’s lips were blooming with her smile not until after a few steps into the hall and she saw Changwook is waiting in front of the altar. He is not in his suit and tuxedo but he is wearing his casual clothes.

          Minyoung tried to hide her shocked expression with her awkward smile and finally she reached him. Her father was holding onto her hand and he gave her hand to Changwook but he did nothing.

          “Changwook-ah…what are you doing?” Minyoung gritted her lips.

          “What? I am just standing here…” Changwook spoke innocently as he did not even took her hand from her father.

          Finally Minyoung has to get onto the altar herself without being held by Changwook’s hand.

          “Why are you dressed like this?” she asked him with her gritted lips.

          Changwook ignore Minyoung’s question as he looked at Taejoon and give him signal so that he may started.

          Taejoon cleared his throat. He was nervous. Why is Changwook giving him this task? “Err…Good morning ladies and gentleman, my name is Choi Taejoon and I am your MC for today…” Taejoon stopped. “…but before we start with the ceremony that everyone has been waiting for, we would like to show you a presentation, a video presentation…”

          Taejoon’s hand pressed play on the computer than the video started. At the beginning, the video showed the history of JB Group success and then they showed Park Industries success as well. As the video is going, they started showing the sudden dropped in JB Group’s business and the increasing revenue of Park Industries.

          “Changwook what is this?” he heard the question from his ‘future father in law’. He was clearly in nervous state with the video show.

          “Just wait uncle...we haven’t come to the interesting part yet…” Changwook replied calmly and he noticed the faces of Mr Park started to change. His wife was holding onto her husband’s arm meanwhile Minyoung was looking dumbfounded and confused as she stare at Changwook’s face.

          “Changwook-ah…” Minyoung try to hold onto Changwook’s arm but he pushed her hand off his body as he moved away from her and come to stand right in front of Mr Park as if he is challenging him.

          All of sudden, they showed a profile of Mr Kim. JB Group’s previous Finance Director, his bank account and his latest scandal to the JB Group when he embezzled ten million won from their newest project and caused the client including the Yoona’s current family Mr Hao from Shanghai to back off from the project and demanded JB Group to pay them back.

          Then Changwook took the microphone from Taejoon as he began to spoke. “Hello everyone my name is Ji Changwook and I am the CEO of JB Group, today I wanted to make some clarification regarding the sudden downfall of our company…when this problem happened, we lose most of our important clients and our company almost went to bankrupt and all of sudden Mr Park, my future father in law offered me this big amout of money and deal to help my company.  But it was not free, as a returned I have to marry his daughter; Miss Park Minyoung, as you can see in front of you, the bride for today…I was forced to marry her because her father promised my family that he wanted to help us…but I found this as weird because why would you want to help a company that almost at the brim of bankruptcy and at the same time trusted him to marry your daughter, I found this odd so I made a further investigation and the next video I am going to show you will open your eyes to what was happening until today…”

          Then Taejoon showed them another video. Everyone was shocked. It was Mr Kim and he was locked up at the police station. Then, as the policed is forcing him, he started to speak and tell the stories about why he embezzled the money.

          “I owed Mr Park…he told me he’s going to send my daughter to overseas and my whole family will be rewarded if I made JB Groups lost their important clients and ruined their contract…I took the money from JB Group and transferred them to Park Industries…they used the same money to give to JB Group as a way to blackmail JB Group’s CEO, Mr Ji Changwook to marry his daughter…”

          “What’s all this nonsense…” suddenly Mr Park stood up.

          “Changwook-ah...why are you doing this to us” Minyoung was surprised too.

          “Please be patient uncle!” Chang wook then turned to look qt his parents “appa, omma…you always thought highly of these family right…look what I have here…all this time, they were using us, he planted a spy in our company so it make senses now; why most of our failed project were in their hand, they corrupted our worker and they took what supposed to be ours”

          Then, he showed them another evidences, before the big embezzlement. Mr Kim used to transfer a little amount of money every month to a private account and it turned out that the account belonged to Mr Park’s wife. Other than that, a few of Park Industries project or contract that were originally belonged to JB Group were rejected but all of sudden, those project was taken over by Park Industries.

          “How could you do this to us…no wonder you won’t tell me who was the sponsored for our club activity…turned out it was my family’s money and you used them to make name for yourself…” Madam Ji shook her head. She was shocked and disappointed. She was part of the club members and they always hold many function and it seems like their funding keep growing, Mrs Park refused to let Mrs Ji looking for different sponsored for them as she already had someone as sponsored.

          Then Changwook sighed. The video moved on to a picture of Yoona. She was happily smiling next to Yerim. Minyoung stare at Changwook’s face. Why Yoona is also included in the video? Did he want to announce his love to Yoona in here? During her wedding day!

          “This is the woman that I want to marry but Miss Park Minyoung seized the chance by using her father to forced me into marriage…she threatened to harm Yoona and my unborn baby if I’m not marrying her, not only that, she also threatened to hurt my younger sister Ji Yerim” Changwook spoke as his focus was now on Minyoung.

          Minyoung hold onto her hand together as she gritted her lips. It’s always Yoona. This time, she is doing it again. She underestimated Yoona. She thought she successfully getting rid of Yoona’s from Changwook’s like but little did she knew, he did all of this because of Yoona. Again Yoona! Minyoung’s face was red with fury and envy.

         Yerim's and her mother’s eyes were wide open. They were clearly in shocked at Changwook’s words especially Yerim. Since Yerim clearly showed her dislike on Minyoung, so she became Minyoung’s subject of threatening too. What a sick woman! Yerim scoffed as she glared at Minyoung.

          Then Changwook showed them another clip of Minyoung threatening him. The video was clearly recorded by someone next to them as Minyoung is threatening Changwook without batting her eyelids. If anyone would see the clip, of course they would think of it as a serious matter.

          “You fooled me…you planned all of this…” Minyoung finally uttered. Yes, she indeed threatened Changwook. They met the night after Yoona’s grandmother’s funeral and it was Changwook’s request. He asked her to go and meet him. That night, Minyoung was using the chance to threatened Changwook using Yoona, their unborn baby and his sister but little did he knew that Changwook’s private investigator was there too. How foolish of her.

          “Changwook-ah…called my lawyer, I can’t accept this kind of insult anymore…how could you do this to our company and our family…not only you wanted to harm my daughter but you are trying to hurt my grandchild too…” Chairman Ji spoke with disappointment.

          “Don’t worry appa…the police were already on their way…this time they won’t have a chance to play us dirty anymore…”

          The crowd started to talk among themselves at the news. Then, they saw a few of police officers came into the hall.

          “Mr Park...you are under arrest for the money embezzlement, please follow us to the police station...”

           Minyoung was in shocked. “Changwook-ah…please don’t do this to my appa….” Minyoung tried to stop the police from taking her father but she couldn’t fight the police officer as they stopped her from doing so.

           Mr Park remained silent and just followed the police. The reporters that were there is busy taking picture of the incident eventhough they were stopped by the security.

          “You have the right of the attorney. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law…” the police added as they brought him out of the hall.

             Minyoung and her mother were crying as they were following Mr Park out of the hall. After they left the hall, everyone was quiet. Taejoon was surprised too as he stood there without saying anything. He never looked at the content of thumbdrive because Changwook said it was a surprised and Changwook was right, he was indeed very surprised but since Changwook is his cousin. It was a pleasant surprised. Finally Changwook managed to take off the mask of the Park Family.

            Changwook turned to look at the crowd and he bowed to them. “I am sorry for all the mess that happened today but thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter