The New Family

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The driver left right after he dropped Yoona right in front of hospital upon Chairman Ji’s order. Yoona planned to go to hospital by bus but Chairman forbade her and he assigned a chauffeur for Yoona and a car for her personal use. At first Yoona refused it but he said, it was for her safety since she’s pregnant.

          Yoona walked into the elevator and pushed the button to fifth floor. Her grandmother is being treated there. It has been three days and she wonder if they found a suitable donor for her grandmother’s transplant surgery.

          Right after she reach her grandmother’s room, Yoona saw a few doctor is discussing about something next to her grandmother’s bed. Her grandmother was sleeping. The doctors looked pretty serious. Then, they notice her presence. One of the doctor asked Yoona to come into the room.

          “Miss Im, we have something to discuss with you…” the doctor spoke right after Yoona reached them.

          “Why doctor? Is it something serious?”

          “We have found a suitable heart for the surgery and we are waiting for your consent to proceed with the surgery...”

          Yoona was glad right after she heard that. “Really? When can we proceed with the surgery doctor?” she asked.

          “You have to sign the consent form and right after that, we can proceed with the surgery…”

          “Yes doctor…I will signed the form right away…”

          “..but before you sign, we have to brief you about something…” the doctor turn to look at one of his colleague. “Can you bring Miss Im to my office later?”

***

          Chairman Ji was reading when he saw Minyoung’s car enter the garage. Then right after that, Minyoung came out of the car wearing her mini dress and carrying a luggage. Chairman Ji’s shake his head. He saw Minyoung is running towards his wife.

          “Omonim….I am here….”

          “Oh, you are here! Please come in, is this all?” Madam Ji asked as she look at Minyoung’s luggage.

          “There’s more outside, my maid will bring them in…where’s abonim…”

          “He’s over there…” Madam Ji pointed at her husband.

          “Abonim…how are you?”

          “Good!” he answered then he looked at Minyoung’s luggage. “why are you carrying luggage coming here?”

          “Neh?” Minyoung confusedly look at chairman Ji.

          “Oh, yeobo, actually I asked Minyoung to come and live here for few days…”

          Chairman Ji looked at his wife. “why do you ask her to come here?”

          Madam Ji sighed. “Why? She’s our future daughter –in-law, she suppose to live here with us..if you can bring Yoona here why not I bring Minyong here too..”

          ‘Yoona?’

          Minyoung was shocked to hear that. The grin on her face was replaced with frown in a split of second.“Y-yoona is here? You mean Changwook’s former secretary is living here?” she asked.

          “Yes, she came here three days ago…” Madam Ji answered.

          “3 days ago and why did I never knew about this?” Minyoung asked. Her voice is full with malice and jealousy upon knowing the truth.

          “Minyoung-ah, it was a long story. I will explain to you later but for now, you just have to relax…” Madam Ji tried to comfort Minyoung’s uneasiness.

          “They re getting married in one week, why did you bring her here?” Chairman Ji is still asking. He couldn’t understand his wife intention. Why did she despised Yoona so much. Before this, she always complimented Yoona and even asked Yerim to be like Yoona.

          “Yeobo, you don’t have to worry, l already asked Changwook to move out for a while…I sent his bag to our apartment near the office, it will be easier for him to go to work too right…” Madam Ji came out with excuse.

          Chairman Ji sighed. “Just do whatever you want to do, I don’t want to involved in all of this…” he said as he stood up and get into the house.

          Meanwhile, Minyoung was not satisfied after knowing that Changwook is not going to be in the house. “Changwook is moving out? Why?” she asked Madam Ji.

          Madam Ji chuckled as she bring Minyoung into the house. “You are getting married  soon you are not supposed to see each other in a mean time…just be patient, it’s one more week and after that, you can be with him 24/7 if you want too..”

          Minyoung nodded her head with a smile. “Neh omonim, I can’t wait for that day to come…” she utter. “…but why is Yoona also living here?” she asked.

***

          Yoona was walking out of the hospital. She was lost in her thought.

          “Miss Im, We are really sorry to inform you, your grandmother’s condition is getting worse and we are afraid if she cannot last longer than what we expected…”

          Yoona’s smile lost on her lips. “What do you mean doctor?” she asked. She was holding onto her cold hand as she looked into the doctor eyes.

          “We can proceed with the transplant surgery but we are not sure if her body is going to accept the new heart…her heart was at the most critical condition right now and other than her heart, her other organ is also starting to detoriate slowly…”

          “But…if we proceed with the surgery, she will get better right doctor?”

          “It’s depending on your decision now Miss Im, she may get cardiac arrest during the surgery and the rate of the surgery to be successful is just 25%...you should think about this first and let me know later...”

          Someone bumped onto her shoulder and only then she is back to reality. She saw her driver is waiting for her. Yoona sighed as she got into the car.

          “Are you going home now agasshi?” the chauffer asked.

          “Yes ahjussi…bring me back home…” home? What weird term she is using just now. Can she considered the Ji’s family mansion as her home?

          Yoona halted her step right in front of the door when she heard a very familiar voice was laughing in the living room. Park Minyoung! Yoona was worried, she practically broke her promised and now she’s living in the house.

          “Unnie….why aren’t you going inside the house?” Yerim who just happened to reach the door asked Yoona. She just got back from school.

          Yerim then managed to caught onto the voice from inside the house. It was no other than Park Minyoung, her future sister-in-law. She can understand Yoona’s feeling. Yerim slowly hold onto Yoona’s hand.

          “Unnie…you don’t have to worry…you have me and appa…” Yerim smile. “Let’s go in…”

          Yoona looked at Yerim’s sincere smile and she also smile before both of them walked into the house.

          Park Minyoung’s stop laughing the moment she saw Yoona’s and Yerim’s figure from the front door. She gritted her lips especially when she saw how close Yoona and Yerim is, walking while holding each other hand.

          “Oh..Yerim…you just got home?” Minyoung tried to speak to Yerim but she was completely ignored by the girl.

          “Unnie…I am hungry…aren’t you?” Yerim asked Yoona

          “No..I am not that hungry..I’ll go to my room first” Yoona excuse herself.

          “Unnie, you maybe not hungry but my niece is hungry..right baby?” Yerim lower her head towards Yoona’s belly and spoke to it.

          Minyoung gritted her lips. So the whole family knew about her pregnancy. She glare at Yoona. ‘You dare to play with me Im Yoona!’

          Madam Ji laugh awkwardly. “Minyoung-ah…don’t mind them, ahjumma is finished with the food, let’s go and eat lunch…”

          “Yes omonim…” she spoke sweetly then turned to look at Yoona. “Yoona-shii? Why aren’t you helping in the kitchen?” she suddenly asked.

          “Neh?” Yoona looked at Minyoung. Yerim and Madam Ji also turned to look at Minyoung. They were all confused.

          “No, I mean; she lived here as the maid right…why didn’t she helped in the kitchen?”

          “Maid??” Yerim almost couldn’t believe Minyoung’s harsh word to Yoona. She scoffed her breath. “Let’s go Yoona unnie…don’t listen to nonsense from outsider, it is not good for your pregnancy….” She utter and pulled Yoona’s hand with her.

          “Yerim…why are you so rude to your sister in-law?” Madam Ji gritted her lips.

          “Sister in-law? Who? I don’t have sister in-law yet…” Yerim sarcastically replied to her mother while glaring at Minyoung.

          “Yerim, don’t be rude!”

          “Omma…I know my place, I won’t be rude unless someone else is rude to me first…she maybe your future daughter in-law but she is not my sister in-law yet! I don’t know if she’s going to be one or not later!”

          “Ji Yerim…”her mother gritted her lips.

          “Yes, I am Ji Yerim, I’m my appa’s daughter and Yoona unnie is my appa’s guest, so please excuse us!”

          Minyoung hold onto her fist as she saw Yerim and Yoona left together. Just wait you little ! This is Park Minyoung, you think you can win as easy as that! Just wait until I become your sister in-law for real!

***

          Yoona and Yerim were back into Yoona’s room.     

         “I’ll ask ahjumma to take our food upstairs…I don’t want to eat with that woman…I want to eat with you…” Yerim spoke right after she closed the door of Yoona’s room.

           Yoona sighed. She hold onto Yerim’s hand.“Yerim-ah…”

          “Yes unnie…”

          “You are not supposed to speak to your brother’s fiancée and your mother like that…you don’t have to defend me, I am okay…”

          “Unnie! That was not okay…she’s looking down on you, can’t you see that? I don’t like her and will never like her…”

          Yoona sigh. “Arasso…I understand your intention but I am okay…you don’t have to worry…” Yoona spoke as she slowly sits on the bed.

          “Unnie…can I ask you a question?” Yerim suddenly asked as she takes a seat next to Yoona.

          “What is it?”

          “What is your feeling for my oppa?” she suddenly asked.

          “Neh?” Yoona was flustered right after she heard Yerim’s question. “W-what do you mean?” she stuttered a bit.

          “Did my pabo oppa tell you anything?” she asked again.

          “Tell me what? We never talked to each other again!”

          “Really? Aishh…that foolish man…I wonder why I am blessed with a pabo oppa..” Yerim sighed. Yerim then turned to look at Yoona’s face. “then, how about you unnie? You don’t feel anything to my oppa?”

          “What are you talking about? Why should I feel anything for him?” Yoona laughed awkwardly.

          “Unnie, you don’t have to worry…I will keep this as a secret, I won’t tell anyone…”

          Yoona sighed. “Yerim-ah..this is wrong? We are not supposed to talk about this!”

          “Yoona unnie, this is between us only…don’t mind anyone…I just want to know…do you have feeling for my oppa? Do you love him?” she asked again.

          Yoona sighed before she looked down. “I don’t know…my life is a mess now Yerim, I don’t know what I am supposed to feel right now…I am living here because I am pregnant and I am not related to your family at all, this is confusing me and I can’t sort out my thought and my feeling properly..” Yoona spoke.

          Yerim was quiet. She pitied Yoona. She totally can understand Yoona’s feeling. “then, how about before this, when you was my oppa’s secretary? Did you feel anything for him?” Yerim continued to ask.

          Yoona stopped to ponder for a second. Did she feel anything for him? She can admit. Changwook was a good boss. He always treated his employee nicely and Yoona was happy when she worked for him. Changwook has many admirers in the company. Every female worker keep talking about his handsome look and his perfect body and everyone envied her because she got to see his face all the time.

          Changwook always complimented her but she just thought of it as his courtesy of having conversation with his employees and that was all. Not until, after that night, after their one night stand and he suddenly treated her differently. They kissed and she almost told him about her pregnancy. Why did she want him to know about her pregnancy? Did she have feeling for him too?

          “Unnie!” Yerim called for Yoona. “You haven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter