The Good News

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Yoona looked at the magazine. She sighed. Her heart and mind is troubled by the scandal between her and Changwook. She even saw the video clip before it was taken down by someone. It must be by someone from the JB Group or Changwook himself. He wouldn’t want to taint his image as the successor of JB Group especially since he’s engaged to Park Minyoung and they are getting married soon.

          After her meeting with Minyoung, Yoona returned back to her hometown. She did not even go and meet Changwook. What for? He’s getting married to Minyoung and perhaps he would not believe her and will think of her as the gold digger. Perhaps, soon, if they knew the truth about the scandal, she will be labeled as the homewrecker.

          Sunny tried to coax Yoona about her decision but the harm has been done. There’s nothing she can do to change everything. Yoona doesn’t want her child to become the victim of this unending story.

           If she wasn’t meant to be with Changwook, at least give her freedom to take care of her own child. Who knows what’s going to happen to her and her baby if she ever refused to do what Minyoung wanted. That woman is a toxic. She can get rid of Yoona if she wanted to. Yoona is not afraid of Minyoung anymore but she’s afraid if something is happen to her, who is going to look after her grandmother and her unborn baby.

          “Miss, do you want to buy the magazine?” the shop owner asked. He saw the woman holding onto the newspaper but she was lost in her thought.

          Yoona immediately looked at the person. “No thank you…” she smiled to the shop owner and her hand gently put down the magazine back onto their rack. She slowly bowed to the owner before make her move away from the shop.

          The street started to become crowded with people since it’s time for the worker to left their workplace. Yoona just finished with her work at office and she planned to stop by at the hospital to visit her grandmother but her leg brings her towards the different way. She is planning to move back to Seoul with her grandmother. Grandmother needs extra care and treatment from the big hospital. She also has to prepare money for her operation. She has saving from her previous work but it is not enough to pay for the whole operation. Her grandmother has to go through heart transplants and it cost a lot of money.

          Her mind is clouded with worry and hard feeling. Her steps also becomes heavy, it’s as if; she’s not really walking but being blown away by wind. She can’t control her feeling and her mind. So, she decided to stop and take a seat at the nearby bench.

          Yoona’s hand slowly moves to touch her baby bump. Her baby is growing inside her, she has to be strong. She has to work hard for both her baby and her grandmother. She remembers clearly the promise she made with Park Minyoung, a day before their scandal leaked out to the public. She promised her not to go near Changwook and she wouldn’t let him know about their baby that she’s carrying and she has to keep the promise eventhough it is hard for her.

           But then, the scandal is really leaving a big impact in her life. How is she going to face everyone at the company. She’ not saying she’s going to back to JB Group but if she’s going back to Seoul, sooner or later, she will meet her co-worker. How is she going to face them?

          It’s clearly mentioned in the newspaper that Changwook is having scandal with his secretary and everyone in the company must know that it was no other than her. She was his secretary. They have their pictures and the footage of the video secretly taken.

          Yoona sigh. It never crossed her mind that her ultimate secret will be blown off just like that. They didn’t mention her name but still, she’s the person. Sooner or later, they will know. What more if they knew she’s carrying her former boss child after that night. She massaged her temple with her slender fingers. Halmeoni! She would be upset if she knows what is happening. She must keep everything away from her grandmother.

           The ringing of her phone made her startled. She saw the number. It wasn’t registered in her phone. Hesitately she answer the call.

          “Yoona…” she recognizes the voice so well.

****

          Here she is sitting on a chair, in a highly exclusive restaurant that she never came into eventhough she passed by it many times on her way to work. The restaurant is near to her office building and with her current job, how would she afford to come to this restaurant.

          “Anything more you would like to order?” Mr Ji Hyun Moo, or Chairman Ji, the owner of the JB Group is right in front of her and he is Changwook’s father as well. He must be here to talk about the scandal.

          Yoona nervously shake her head. “No, I-I am okay…Chairman…” she answered with her hoarse voice. She feels like her voice is stucked inside her voice box. She respected him. Always will and after what had happened, she feel embarrassed to be in the same room as him.

          “How are you Yoona?” Mr Ji asked with a warm smile. He is always like that, he always treats Yoona like how he treats Yerim. That’s why Yoona is quite fond of her previous job at the JB Group. She never feel the presence of a father and working with Chairman made her feel as she has a father eventhough she wouldn’t dare to dream of having a rich father like him.

          “I am fine Chairman…” she answered softly as she looked down. Afraid of looking directly into his eyes, Yoona held hand together and she can hear the distant voice of people talking and laughing. There were not many customers at the moment.

          “I learned from Changwook that you quit last two weeks and it has been more than two months and I can’t believe that Changwook failed let me know that you quit…” Chairman’s voice shattered the moment and made Yoona back to look at his face.

          “I-I am sorry Chaiman, I…” she stuttered, she felt guilty. She supposed to let him know first, that was what she promised him when she was working with him but the situation left her with no choice.

          “Yoona…don’t be afraid, I am not here to eat you…I knew you more than what people out there knew about you, you don’t have to worry…” He spoke and his warm words made the girl tear up.

          Yoona looked down onto her hand that she put on her laps as her eye is starting to tear. Why is Chairman always so nice to her? The way he talks, it is like a father talking to his daughter eventhough they were not related at all. Yoona feels guilty for his endless kindness towards her but she ruined everything by her scandal with Changwook, she has ruined the name of the company and the good name of Ji’s family.

          “Aigoo, what am I gonna do, I am an old man and I don’t know how to make up to a crying young woman…” the chairman chuckled. He is trying to change the gloomy atmosphere between them.

          Yoona wipes away her tears quickly. “Chairman, I am sorry…I didn’t know that things will turn out like this…” she finally spoke. “…but I promised, I wouldn’t do anything, I would stay away from Mr Ji Changwook and I would never come near JB Group again…I owed you so much and I wouldn’t dare to do something that would ruin the company and your family further…” she spoke with determination.

          Ji Hyun Moo looked at the young woman. He knew she is sincere. How come he failed to see what happened around him. Yoona is a good woman and if he wanted to take her as his daughter in-law, she would be a perfect choice for Changwook, she is the right person who can change Changwook’s way of life. At least with Yoona, he learned to be a proper man, but it is way too late now. Changwook’s engaged to Minyoung and soon to be married.

          “What if I have another condition for you, can you promise me to do everything that I asked you?” he spoke after a few moment of silence.

          Yoona looked at him. “I will do anything you asked me...” she gulped her saliva, waiting for his next words.

          “Ok good, I want you to come back with me to Seoul.”

          “Neh?” she was surprise to hear the proposition. Then her mind started to understand the situation. He must want her to explain what had happened between her and Changwook to his fiancée, Park Minyoung.

          “Will you do that?” he asked again.

          “Yes, but my grandmother is…”

          “I knew she’s still in hospital and she must be transferred to Seoul to get a better treatment right?”

          Yoona nodded her head. “Currently, I am still preparing to transfer her back to Seoul and I need time to…..”

          “Yoona, you don’t have to worry, I’ve already done everything, tomorrow, your grandmother will be transferred to Daehan Hospital in Seoul…”Chairman quickly cut Yoona’s sentences half way.

          “Oh…” Yoona was speechless. He’s already done that? Could be, he went to hospital first before he came to meet her.

          “But, can you give me more time? I still need to look for a new house…I promised, after I found a house, I will move back to Seoul...” Yoona requested.

          “Why do you want to look for a new house? Our house is your house…” Chairman Ji Hyun Moo spoke calmly.

          “Your house? I mean, Chairman’s house? But why? Didn’t you want me to stay away from your family…” Yoona was confused with Chairman’s request. Did she heard him right? Or was she just hallucinating?

          “Aigoo, when did I ask you to stay away from our family, if you stay away from us, then how am I going to meet my grandchild later?”

          Chairman’s answer made Yoona’s heart skip a beat. Grandchild? Whose grandchild? Couldn’t be... Her face became pale. “H-How did you knew?” she hesitatingly asked him with a low voice. Not sure if what he meant was her, her baby.

          “There’s nothing that I don’t know, I knew that you are carrying Changwook’s baby, The Ji’s family bloodline is inside you and I am not an evil man to separate your baby from his/her father...”

          Yoona’s heart is growing heavier after she’s listening to the reason. So, it is because of her baby. He wanted her baby. She is carrying Ji’s family bloodline.

           “..I am sorry Chairman, I will do anything you want me to but please don’t take my baby away from me?” she is pleading as her tear is streaming from the pools of her eyes. “I have no one except my grandmother and my baby…” she spoke as one of her hand is touching her baby bump. She is willing to sacrifice anything but she cannot bear to be separated from her own flesh and blood.

          Chairman sighed as he patted Yoona’s hand on the table. “You thought I am gonna separate you from your baby just because I want to keep your baby near to his/her father?” he asked again. “You are going to live with us, about your relationship with Changwook, we will figure it out later, but for now; let’s move back to Seoul…”

          “But Chairman? Mr Ji is getting married to Miss Park and I don’t want to ruin their relationship with my presence in the house, I don’t want to ruin your family happiness, I am no one and I…”

          “Yoona…” Chairman sigh as she look at Yoona’s troubled expression. “You don’t have to worry, you are not ruining their relationship Yoona. Instead, I should be sorry for you, I failed to educate my son well and he ruined your future with his behavior…” Chairman spoke with regret. “….so please, come with me, I don’t know how to make it up for you but this is the only way that I can do to save both Changwook and You, for now…”

****

          Changwook’s head is clouded with worry. He can’t locate Yoona. He went to her hometown after finding her address and right after he arrived in front of her house, it was empty. Her neighbor said, Yoona moved back to Seoul with her grandmother. Now, he’s on his way back home. He spent two days in Jejudo and tried to persuade Yoona’s neighbour to tell him about her whereabout but he failed. They claimed, they didn’t know where she went but they said, Yoona’s grandmother is sick.

          Hospital! Yes! He can ask the private investigator to look for Yoona’s grandmother at the hospital. Speaking of the devil, right after that, his phone start to ring and it was from his private investigator.

          “Hello? Yes? You found him? Ok good, collect the evidence first, like how we planned it and send it to me later…hmm, oh one more thing….” He stopped. Should he ask him to find Yoona’s as well? But right now, finding Mr Kim is his priority or else, he has to marry Minyoung. He must find him before his wedding day with Minyoung.

          “What is it boss?” he heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter