The Second Confession

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona tossed on her bed. She couldn’t sleep. Her mind kept drifting towards Changwook. He probably is sleeping right now in the guest room. She still remembers Changwook confession to her.

          He loves me? Her heart was thumping at the thought. Did he really mean it? Yoona touched her chest hoping to calm her beating heart. Does she love him too? She remembered Yerim’s questions when she was staying at Ji’s family mansion. She’s afraid if the feeling that she had for him was because of her baby. She’s carrying his child and it could be she is feeling this way because of that. Yoona took a deep breath before she slowly released it. She sat on her bed and turn on the bedside light near her bed.

          Yoona’s hand slowly moved to the drawer as she took out the latest film of her baby’s photo. She smiled as she caressed the black and white film using her right hand.

         "Please grow healthy my baby. Mommy can’t wait to see you soon.” She whispered to the photo.

          She smiled as her left hand move to touch her baby bump. Day after tomorrow is the appointment for her next check up and also the day of Changwook’s wedding with Park Minyoung. Her chest start to tighten again at the thought of Changwook’s upcoming wedding.

          Trying to distract herself. Yoona stood up and took the jug next to her bed to pour a glass of plain water. She noticed her jug was empty. She forgot to fill in the water before she went to sleep. She carried the jug and opened the door of her room and walked to her kitchen. After she drank a glass of water, she had no intention to go to sleep. Instead, she walked towards her balcony and opened the door before she walked out and stared at the scenery. The light around the city looked so beautiful and managed to calm her troubling heart. The gentle breeze blew onto her hair and few of her strands fell to her face. Yoona put both of her arms around her chest. She’s just wearing a thin silky sleepwear with the outer gown.

          Then, she felt something warm covered her shoulder. She looked to her right. Changwook was right next to her. She looked at her shoulder. It was a blanket. She did not say anything as she wrapped the blanket closer to her body.

          “Why are you outside? It’s cold and you are pregnant…” Changwook eyes fell for a second at her baby bumps before he shifted his gaze to look at the view while putting his hand inside his pocket.

          Yoona glanced to look at his face. His face was calm and no matter how many times she tried to deny, he is indeed very good looking. Changwook suddenly turned to look at her. Caught red handed by him. She cleared and looked out at the view. Changwook smiled at her reaction but he said nothing.

          “Cannot sleep?” he asked.

          “Hmm…” Yoona answered shortly as she tightened her hugs around her body. Then silence fell upon them as they said nothing and just gaze at the night view in front of them.

          “Tomorrow I have to go back…” finally Changwook spoke after a few second of being in silence.

          Yoona did not respond to him but she was listening. She wanted to hear his voice. Strangely, his voice alone managed to calm her heart. Yoona smiled to herself.

          “You are smiling!”

          The smile disappeared from her face and she’s back to show her poker face.

          “Why are you always angry at me?” Changwook finally asked.

          “I am not angry…” Yoona replied with annoyance.

          “See….you were angry again...” Changwook sighed. “I am sorry about the incident in the archieve room; I don’t know why I did that. I tried looking for you to apologize but you quit without even meeting me for one last time” finally he apologized after three months.

          Yoona did not respond to him. She clearly can remember the incident. “There’s nothing to be sorry for…” she finally answered. It’s true. She held nothing against him about the incident in the archieve room. They have bigger problem ahead of them so why contemplating about the past?

          “I am sorry about that night too…” Changwook spoke. “…I was drunk and I have taken something precious from you and I made you pregnant…” he looked at her.

          “I am going inside…” Yoona spoke before she turned her body back into the house. She was uncomfortable to talk about that night and her pregnancy with him.

          “Yoona…” Changwook hold onto her hand and made her stopped before she entered the house. “Can I touch it?” he asked.

          “Touch what?” she asked. A little bit confused with his request.

          “My baby?” his gaze fell onto her bulging stomach.

          Yoona became speechless at his request. She doesn’t know how to respond to him and just stood there as Changwook knelt in front of her and his hand fall onto her baby bump. He touched her stomach softly as he spoke.

          “Hello there, I am your daddy; I am sorry because I was a little bit late to know about your existence…but you don’t have to worry, I will take care of you and I will take care of your mommy too…” as he spoke the last sentence, he looked up to look at Yoona’s face.

            Their eyes met for a brief of second and Yoona quickly pushed his hand away from her stomach before she left him there. Changwook looked at Yoona’s figure as she put his blanket onto the couch before she retreated back into her room.

          “I will take care of you Yoona...I will take care of you and our baby, you don’t have to worry…” he spoke before he turned towards the view and take a deep breath.

***

          One Day Before the wedding…

           Night time has arrived. Yoona was reading a book in the living room. The maid is busy cooking dinner for her. The maid only working during the day, at night she will return home.

         “Madam…I have finished cooking…do you want to eat it now?” the maid asked as she is standing in front of Yoona.

        “No thank you ahjumma..I will eat later, you are going home early to catch the train right?”

        “Neh…” the maid nodded her head.

        “Arasso…you may go, I will eat when I am hungry…” Yoona replied and she saw the maid took off her apron before she went back to the kitchen to take her belonging and bow her head at her before she left.

          As the maid left, Yoona closed the book she was reading and sighed. She stand up and start to pace in the living room. Her heart was beating rapidly. She looked at the clock. The time was 7.30 pm. It means that, in 15 hours; Changwook’s and Minyoung’s wedding will commemorate.

          ‘I love you...’ ‘I will take care of you’ his promised ringing in her head.

          Why? Why is she having this feeling? Why now? She became restless at the thought of him becoming someone else husband. Yoona felt like she can’t breathe. Her heart was shattered and she became uneasy. Her appetite has died the moment he left the house this morning. The maid that just left was Changwook’s idea. He found her a maid to take care of her meal.

          Yoona fetched her phone and looked at the screen. She can’t decide whom she can call and finally she settled on Sunny.

          “Unnie…”

          “Hello…oh Yoona-yah… what happened?” Sunny asked.

          Yoona took a deep breath and released them slowly. “Nothing… just want to talk to you…”

          “Really? Oh..I am sorry Yoona-ah…today is the memorial rites of my husband’s grandfather’s death so I can’t talk to you right now…I’ll call you back later…okay…”

          “Oh…I am sorry to disturb you unnie…I knew you were quite busy and I should have know…it was nothing important, please don’t bother yourself…I am fine…”

          “Are you sure you are fine?” Sunny asked for confirmation.

          “Yes…perfectly fine…I will call you back when you are not busy…”

          “Hmm…arasso…take care…oh…one more thing Yoona-ah…” Sunny stopped for a moment.

          “What is it unnie?”

          “Please stay strong…just remember that I will always behind you no matter what happened…”

          Yoon laughed at Sunny’s encouragement. Of course she understood Sunny’s intention but she is just pretending like she doesn’t understand. “What are you talking about unnie…of course I am strong…arasso, I know you are busy…talk to you later…bye…” She ended the call and sighed.

          Sunny knew. Everyone around her also knew. Tomorrow is his big day and she just can’t remain calm whenever she remembered about that. Finally, the day has come and Minyoung is going to be the step mother of her child. What if the Ji’s family wanted Minyoung to be the legal mother to her child? No she can’t let that happened. She is the only mother to her child. Doesn’t matter if she has no husband and her baby has no father but her baby belongs to her alone and no one else can be her baby’s mother except her.

          Yoona finally settled down on a chair at the dining table. The table was full with the mouth watering food but she has no appetite at all. Trying to regain her strength for her baby she took the chopstick that ahjumma has provided on the table and start to eat. The rice taste bitter inside and she took a long time to chew and has difficulty to swallow her food. Her frustrated heart made her eyes become teary. She is trying hard to holding in her sob as she continued to eat in silence.

          “Yoona….” She heard his voice and she can see his figure standing in front of her in between of her blurry view because of her pooling tears.

          Changwook was staring at her. He was in front of her, carrying a bag of something. “What happened? Why are you crying?” Changwook asked worrily. He put down the bag on the counter top and moved to approach Yoona.

          Yoona tried to hold onto her tears but upon seeing him again, she can’t control it anymore and her sob finally broke. She put down the bowl on the table as her hand is clenching onto her chopstick but she can’t stop her tears.

          Alarmed at Yoona’s sudden sob made Changwook restless as he pulled a chair and sat down close to Yoona so that he can put his hand around her face. He was looking directly into her eyes as he spoke.

        “Hey…what’s wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?” Changwook looked into her face. His face was clearly frowned with worried expression to see her breaking down like that. He tried to wipe her tears away using his thumb but he failed.

        “Arasso…mianhe…I am here now…don’t worry…” Changwook finally brought her into his embrace and made Yoona’s head rest on the crook of his neck as he kissed her temple.

          After ten minutes of being wrapped in Changwook’s arm. Yoona finally managed to calm herself but she did not push him away. If this is the last time she could be in his arm. Let her be. Tomorrow he’s going to become someone’s husband. 

          “Are you okay now?” Changwook whispered and Yoona nodded her head.

          “Come…let’s finished your dinner…” Changwook released her from his embrace and Yoona was quite reluctant to let him go but she had to. Afraid if Changwook would catch on her reaction.

          Changwook’s hand moved to take the small bowl of rice and her chopstick from her hand and he started to feed her.

          “Open your mouth…” Changwook bring the chopstick to and Yoona willingly open until she finished eating the whole bowl of rice. “Want more?” Changwook asked.

          Yoona shook her head and her hand move to take a glass of water on the table and she g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter