The First Confession

DEJAVU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Changwook looked at the file in his hand and he sat on his chair. He was satisfied with the information that he just got from his private investigator. Then, his cousin; Choi Taejoon came into his room.

          “Who was that?” he asked.

          Changwook raised his eyebrow at Taejoon’s question.

          “The one that just left, I saw him enter the elevator just now…never seen him before…” Taejoon repeated his question.

          “Oh…That’s my private investigator…” Changwook answered before he closed the file in his hand and looked at his cousin.

          “The one you told me about last week?” Taejoon continued to ask.

          “Yes…”

          “….and what’s happen next? You have four days left Changwook-ah…”

          Changwook sighed and he looked at Taejoon. “I know…I can’t wait for this to end so that I can be with Yoona and our baby…”

          Choi Taejoon sat in front of Changwook. “So how is Yoona now? I heard our previous client Mr Hao is adopting her…”

          “Yes, he was and he brought Yoona to his new house in Gangnam…I am sorry for Yoona after what had happened to her grandmother but I need more time to plan all of this…If I can, I would bring her somewhere else where that woman cannot find her…”

          Taejoon nodded his head. He understood, Changwook was worried about Yoona and also about his plan to settle his company problem and his marriage with the woman that he despised so much. “So, why did you call me here?” Taejoon asked.

          “I want you to help me…”

          “Help you with what?” Taejoon asked.

          Changwook smiled as he looked at Taejoon and he took out a thumb drive from his pocket. “I want you to play this during the video show on my wedding day…”

          “You told me you are not marrying Minyoung..”

          “I am not marrying her but this is something that you can do to help me…”

          “What do you want me to do? Changwook-ah…if this is something illegal, I am not willing to do it…”

          “You don’t have to worry…it is not something illegal, you are not only my best friend but you are also my cousin, so consider this as a family matter and family helps each other right?”

          Taejoon sighed in defeat before he took the thumb drive from Changwook’s hand. “What’s in this?” he asked again.

          “A special performance for my ‘future-father-in-law’…” Changwook smirked.

***

3 Days left before Changwook’s wedding…

          She knew, she’s not supposed to count the day but she just can’t help it. Yoona put down the book in her hand onto the table.

          “Yun Er…” she heard her mommy’s voice. She just finished with her packing. Both her adopted parents were going back to Shanghai tomorrow.

           Her daddy has to work and they have their own home there.  They asked Yoona to move with them to Shanghai but she can’t do that. She made a promise with Chairman Ji about not leaving the family and brought her baby far from them. Eventhough, deep in her heart she wanted to be far away from them. She doesn’t want her child to become the victim of this family problem. Whatever happen, she is not related to Ji’s family and her child is going to be labeled as illegitimate child. She wondered if the matter will flick such pain in her child’s life in the future. But, a promise is a promise and promise must be kept.

          Yoona sighed. Why did her grandmother taught her to be such a loyal and kindhearted woman. She knew if she’s being too good, she will gain nothing but she don’t have the heart to refuse the man that she thought of as her own father. Chairman Ji was so nice to her and her late grandmother. Someone’s kindness couldn’t be repaid with money. That’s what her grandmother taught her since she was small.

          “Mommy…” Yoona utter with a smile and looked at the woman whom she called her mommy and has become the new family embers for her. Eventhought they were different but the love that they share for each other matter the most. That’s what her mommy and daddy told her when they told her about their decision to adopt her. Yoona couldn’t be more grateful for what they have done to bring her out from the house that has become a ‘hell’ for her.

          “Are you sure you don’t want to come with us to Shanghai? Why don’t you move with us to Shanghai…” Mrs Hao asked Yoona for a tenth time already. She hold onto Yoona’s hand and  bring them to her lap.

          “Wife…we made a promise with Mr Ji not to bring Yoona far from them…she’s carrying the Ji’s family grandchild…” Mr Hao interrupted and sat in front of his wife.

          “I know…I am just asking Yun Er…” Mrs Hao rolled her eyes at her husband playfully. Then she turned to stare at Yoona’s face. “Thank you for agreeing to be my daughter…” she caressed Yoona’s hair lovingly.

          Yoona smiled as she put her hand on her mommy’s. “Thank you for bringing me here and gave me love when I have no one to rely on anymore…” she answered. Her heart tighten at the thought of she no longer can hug her grandmother. The last conversation she had was before she left the hospital after she signed the consent form for her grandmother’s operation but turns out. Her grandmother wasn’t mean to go through the operation at all.

          Yoona also feels guilty and can’t help but to blame herself, she supposed to stay in the hospital that night but the doctor asked her to return home because she’s pregnant and they were afraid if something is going to happen to her pregnancy. She shouldn’t listen to the doctor. She should stay with her grandmother and spent their last moment together.

          “Yun Er…”Mrs Hao smile tenderly as she called Yoona’s name and brought her back to the present. She brought Yoona’s hand into her lap and one of her hand touched Yoona’s cheek lovingly.“You don’t have to worry Yun Er…you have so many people that care for you and love you…I already thought of you as my daughter during our first meeting…you remind me so much to our late Yao Er…”

          “Yao Er? You haven’t told me yet the story of Yao Er…” Yoona smiled as she looked into her mommy’s and daddy’s eyes. She wanted to forget all her misery and she wanted to keep her promise to her grandmother by being happy with her new life.

***

          Yoona exit the bathroom after her long shower. Then she moved to take a towel to dry her hair when she remembered that she’s supposed to call her mommy. They must reach Shanghai already. Their flight was in the morning and right after they left, Yoona spent her time reading and taking nap before she decided to take shower.

          Yoona then turned towards the bedside table to look for her phone. It’s not there. “ah….I left my phone outside…”

          She opened the door of her room and walked towards the living room and she saw her phone on the table where she put down her books. She smiled when she looked at the message.

         Sunny texted her to inform her that she already found a maid to help Yoona while she’s pregnant. Right after she was done replying to Sunny’s message, she proceeded to call her mommy.

        “Nihao…mommy…have you arrived safely?” she asked. “Okay…don’t worry, the maid will be here in two hours…what do you mean now? My friend will help me…really? No one is here yet…okay mommy…don’t worry, I’ll call you everyday…okay bye…” Yoona smiled and she ended the call.

          Mrs Hao told her someone is coming to take care of her and that someone should be there one hour ago but no one is here yet. “Ah, could be she’s here when I was showering…” She just shrugged her shoulder and turned her body around to be back into her room before she started to scream.

           “Aahhh….” Yoona hold onto her chest. She remained there like a statue. There in front of her, in front of the counter top. It was a man and the man was no other than Ji Changwook. He was staring at her with his mouth hang open.

           Only then, Yoona realized her condition. She was only wrapped in her white towel. The towel barely covered her mid thigh. As fast as lightning, Yoona run towards her room. She closed the door of her room and held onto her chest.

           “Oh my god! Why is he here?” Yoona mumbled and she looked down at her body. “…and he saw me like this…” she put her head against the door and sighed. It was embarrassing. How come she didn’t notice his presence? How long he was standing there, looking at the free show. How could he do that!

***

One hour ago.

          Changwook finally reached Yoona’s home. He rang the door bell and waited for someone to open the door but after ten minutes, no one is coming. He fetched his phone from his pocket and started to call someone,

          “Mr Hao…is she at home?” Changwook asked the moment his call was answered.

          “Okay…you don’t mind if I go inside right?” he asked again for confirmation. “Okay...thank you, I promised I will take care of her...”

           Changwook ended the call and once again looked at the message to check the passcode into the house. Changwook then put in the passcode and enter the house.

          “Yoona?” he started to call for her. The house looked rather empty. He brought the groceries towards the kitchen. Then he opened the fridge to put the groceries inside.

           Then, Changwook looked around the house. He saw Yoona’s phone and her book on the table. Is she sleeping? He walked towards her room and knocked onto her door.

          “Yoona…are you sleeping?” he asked then he shook his head at his behavior. “If she’s sleeping, are you going to disturb her Changwook-ah…” he mumbled to himself. He was about to left the room but something inside him told him to open the door.

          “I am sorry Yoona-ah…I am just checking on you…” he tried to open the door and it can be op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter