Observing You~

Never Reply Love

 

OH HA NI:

 

People always said, “If you laugh heartily, you will cry afterward.”

 

And this is what happened to me right now. The excitement that I felt earlier have gone just like that as soon as the person that I have successfully (?) forgotten appeared.

 

Why, why did he appeared when I have moved on (?) Is all my effort in these two years totally useless?

 

I was totally immersed with my own thoughts until I felt my tears started to flood my eyes.  

 

AUTHOR:

 

 

“Oh Ha Ni, are you okay?” Mr. Lee Su asked her worriedly as he noticed her change of expressions.

 

“Uhm..Ye...Yea.”

 

“You look pale.”

 

“yes, yes, yes I am absolutely fine." she lied. She could feel her body was numb to react right now. 

 

'No, no I should not be like this.' She started to calm down her nerves. 'He is nothing to me. Just my boss, yes just a boss.' She said to herself.

 

 

After she regained her self-esteem, her mindset acted faster than her heart, she greeted Baek Seung Jo IN A WAY that THE NEW OH HANI could utter,

 “Hello and good afternoon, I am Specialist Doctor, Oh Ha Ni from Medical Department in Maternity and Nursery Section. Nice to meet you, Mr. Baek Seung Jo.”  She bowed.

 

She wanted to hide her real feelings right now and she knows she can do it. Two years of separation, she has learned a lot of things, being matured, confident, optimist, and lastly move on? All of that has been included in her new life's dictionary. 

 

‘Specialist Doctor, Oh Ha Ni… from Medical Department…?’ Baek Seung Jo repeated in his mind.

 

He was very shocked for the fact that the person in front of him, is his treasure, Oh Ha Ni.

'She was majoring in medical course? She wants to be a medical doctor? You have ambition now Oh Ha Ni? I am impressed!'  He continued in his mind.

 

 

However, he knew Oh Ha Ni wasnt the type of person that has a proper ambition in her life, except this; 'an ambition that involves Baek Seung Jo in it.' He was so sure of that. 

 

"Mr. Baek Seung Jo?" Mr. Lee Su asked.

 

“Oh! Uhm? Oh sorry."

“Hello. Nice to meet you too.” He offered for a handshake.

 

Once her hand touches his... That particular electric shock attacked her, making her heart weak, again.

 

 

‘No! You shouldn’t surrender again, Heart. Not after the thousandth times he had hurt you.’ She shouted to her beating heart.

 

 

His eagle’s eyes were looking at her wide and round pupil. Baek Seung Jo wanted to see the excitement that always appear in her eyes, whenever she looked at him. Both were staring at each other.

 

 

‘Nae, the OLD Oh Ha Ni always lose whenever you looked at me in this way... but now.. Me.. The NEW Oh Ha Ni would never lose this time.’ she said to herself.

 

They kept on staring each other eyes…

 

 

They kept on holding each other hands…

 

 

No one wanted to give in.

 

 

Until…

 

 

 

“Ehem!!”

“I think.. It’s enough for introduction, staring and holding moments please.” Mr. Lee Su stopped them on time before their hands broke into pieces of cracked bones. They parted their gaze.

 

 

 “Ehem.. Okay, Baek Seung Jo.. From now on, she will be your Personal Assistant. She will assist you and accompany you whenever necessary.”

“… and you, Oh Ha Ni.. I know you have double tasks now.. But as an intern Specialist Doctor, you should know how to divide your time for your Boss and your patients.  Ahh.. And one more thing… “

“…Your teamwork and discipline in guiding him would be examined and it would be included in your Personal Report, once I receive complaints from Baek Seung Jo, your mark will be affected. So please do your best and show us your aptitude. ”

 

“Yes, Mr. I will try my best to give a full operation for both tasks.”

 

“Very good, and I bet Kim Nay La has told you that you will share your workroom with him?”

 

“Yes, she did.”

 

“Good, now show him your room.”

 

“Yes Mr. Lee Su, now please excuse us.”

“Mr. Baek Seung Jo, please follow me.” she said professionally like there was nothing happened before this in the past.

 

 

--------

 

 

Baek Seung Jo followed Oh Ha Ni from behind.  Both were in silence. None of them dare to speak after they were dismissed from Lee Su and Kim Nay La.

 

Both were still in shocked state.

 

 

Baek Seung still couldn’t believe that he was not dreaming. He stared the walking figure in front of him and his mind spoke,

 ‘Oh Ha Ni, I really miss you, terribly! Seeing you again makes me feel alive … but... But why when you looked at me, I couldn’t see your excitement and your gleaming eyes that filled with happiness and love whenever you see me? What happened? Have you moved on? Did you succeed in forgetting me entirely all this time? Did you regret seeing me again?’

 

Along the way to ‘their’ workroom, Baek Seung Jo’s mind was filled with many thoughts that slowly killed half of his brain cells.

 

 

Especially, the question that made him curious from the first time she mentioned about her profession.. ‘WHY she took the medical course and WHO encouraged her to take this course... the course that Oh Ha Ni suggested to him before this.'

 

 

-----

 

“Here is your table, and mine is there.” She simply said and she walked away to her table trying her best not to have a long conversation with him as her heart almost explode due to the ‘bombardment fact’ for being HIS Personal Assistant after two years of parting.

 

 

However, when she was about to leave his table, Baek Seung Jo grabbed her hand and now they were facing each other.

 

 

Silence...

 

 

Oh Ha Ni didn’t move a bit.

 

 

Silence…

 

 

They felt that their heart was like a drum as it was beating like a sad love song.

 

 

Silence…

 

 

“Release my hand.” Oh Ha Ni finally stated.

 

 

Baek Seung Jo ignored her words. He held her hands even tighter.

 

 

“Mr. Baek Seung Jo… I beg you to release my hand.”

 

 

“Mister? You called me Mr. Baek.Seung.Jo? Well thumbs up for your very good acting… Pretending to be a stranger?” He asked sarcastically, although he didnt mean to say it that way. 

  

“Excuse me… I am your assistant now; we are standing in the PRESENT TIME, not the past.. Mr. Baek Seung Jo.”

“Treat me as you didn’t know me at all… and I will treat you EQUALLY as my boss.. For these two months.”

 

 

“How can I treat you as a stranger, when I knew you before?”

 

 

“It has been two years.. It is quiet a long time we didn’t meet, so I will consider this as our first encounter, as two stranger..."

“… You… as my boss, Mr. Baek Seung Jo… and me, as your PA, Miss Oh Ha Ni. I believe my statement is pretty clean and clear, no?” she smiled as if two years of separation means nothing to her. She just showed him what the New Oh Ha Ni got, unlike the old Oh Ha Ni.

 

He was surprised to hear it from her.

'Oh Ha Ni ahh, am I the only one who yearned for you all this time? Did you not miss me? Am I nothing to you anymore?' 

‘you are never been this brave. Talking to me this way is really not you. Is this the real Oh Ha Ni? or is this the NEW Oh Ha Ni…?’ he asked himself. 

‘Just by looking at your appearance, I could tell you are getting matured Oh Ha Ni, your style even changes, the way you talk too. But i believe your heart will always be the same. I believe on that no matter how you react and how you change.'

  

“why are you looking at me that way?” she felt uncomfortable when his eyes were observing her from head to toe.

 

“Why? Are you nervous?” he asked trying to see a little possibility of the fact after he observed her; 1) If she was NERVOUS and CANNOT answer his question, it means she is still the old Oh Ha Ni… and 2) if she is NOT NERVOUS and she CAN answer him that means, she is really the new Oh Ha Ni.

Simple theory for now. He thought.

 

“Nervous? Heh.. Yes, I am nervous because my boss is a ert.”

 

Baek Seung Jo was surprised again. He could see the nervous Oh Ha Ni, but also The Oh Ha Ni that could answer him.

 

 

“Why did you say that?”

 

 

“its the way you look at me. I advised you to not look at someone like that, people might misundertand you.” she said in sarcastic tone. 

"And one more thing, both of us should work professionally. Dont even mention about the past. We are in the present and heading to the future. Therefore, may I go to my table, Mister?"

 

“You didn’t want to know the REAL reason why I said I wanted to marry Hae Ra?” he asked all of sudden, wanting to know her reaction.

 

Oh Ha Ni glared at him. “whatever the reason is, it cannot change the past and now." She simply stated and went to her table. 

 

‘.. Baek Seung Jo ahh, you dont have to tell me the reason. Its pretty clear that you like her... you love her, that is why you wanted to marry her. And now you are hers. You belongs to her. You are her husband. I know it! you dont have to say it.' She let it out in her heart, not knowing that Baek Seung Jo was never married to Hae Ra.

 

BAEK SEUNG JO:

 

No, Oh Ha Ni ah, sometimes we can change the past for the better future by knowing the truth because whatever happened in the past will always haunt you. I know I am your nightmare, I am truly sorry. I hope, God will give me a chance to tell you everything, when you are ready.

 

 

### END OF CHAPTER###