Silence and Ignorance

Never Reply Love

 

***please read the previous chapter just in case if you forget the storyline.  :D

 

 

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

 

AUTHOR:

 

Please God, help me... What should I do now? I wanted to explain everything to her ... but she doesnt want to know.' He said in his mind while walking away from the Female Toilet.

 

---

 

Joe, who was still dumbfounded, finally, sensed that there was something wrong with what-just-happened.

 

“Eh!!”

“Oh My God!! Don’t tell me! Baek Seung Jo is her … her.. Never Reply Love’s man that Aunt Mi Hwan told me last time!!! Damnn!! Now I understand. Okay, okay, where is oh ha ni? Where where where??" He said panicking.

” Ahh.. If woman runs after knowing something ‘heartbreaking’.. Maybe.. she went to.. to.. to.. The operating room? LOL, what am I thinking, she might kill the patient then! Hahaha..”

“Okay, Park Seung Jo.. Behave yourself and  let your smart brain think.. Don’t let your knees take over your brain’s job…”

 

His eyes were wandering to get any hints of her. But instead, he saw Baek Seung Jo walking away from the Female toilet with his ‘dejected expression’ on his face.

 

“Jackpot! Now I know, may be Oh Ha Ni was there in the toilet.” He then went outside the toilet just after Baek Seung Jo disappeared from his sight.

 

--------

 

 

Oh Ha Ni looked at herself on the toilet mirror. She had been crying for 15 minutes now. Luckily, no one was around.. Only her inside the toilet… crying her heart out.

 

“Oh Ha Ni!!! You are stupid!! Tskk.. tsk.. you are wasting your tears! He isnt someone who deserved your tears!" she cursed herself while crying.. again..and again..

“This is only your second day with him after 2 long years.. tsk.. tsk.. and he made you cry! Tsk.. And.. tsk.. tsk..I don’t know what will happen.. tsk.. tskk.. in these two months, if you keep on like thisss!! Tsk..Will you cry forever until he finishes his internship?” she said it out loud.

 

BAAAMM!!

a loud thud of the door can be heard, revealing the-best-Eavesdropper-Man. 

 

“J..Jo..Joe..? tsk..What are you doing in hereee??” Oh Ha Ni was surprised.

 

“Shhhh..”

“It’s him right? Your Never Reply Love’s man?” he asked directly without a doubt. He was now very sure after spying her behind the door just now.

 

“H…how did you.. know?”

 

“I know that you never told me about your past. But I know what he had done to you before. I am such a pabo, I didn’t realize that he is the man that Aunt Mi Hwan has told me.” he told her with his serious expression.

 

“S..so.. my Aunt told you everything about my past? But how could she te…” just before she finished her question, Joe interrupted her.

 

“Ha Ni ahh..  I’m sorry.. I was the one who insisted your Aunt to tell me about it..”

 

“B..ut” she tried to speak more when Joe put his finger on her lips.

 

“Shhh... let’s continue talking about this outside. I’m afraid I’ll get caught by the other female students when they see me in this toilet.” He smiled and held her hands gently. Oh Ha Ni just followed him with no expression on her face.

 

-------

 

They went to the park. They were sitting on an unoccupied bench far from the couples who were having their lunch. It’s a quiet place that was located behind the building, yet near her office.

 

Oh Ha Ni kept silence since then. Her face was facing down the floor. Joe was looking at her.

 

“Are you mad? I’m sorry for secretly knowing your past wihout your permission, i am sorry." He held her cold hands. 

 

“Why did you have to know about my past?? Why? And now you want to pity me??” she was enraged.

 

“I know, I don’t have any right to know about it. But i wanted to solve my own puzzle.”

“… I wonder why you looked so sad when I first introduced you my name…”

“… I wonder why you always call me ‘Joe’ instead of ‘Park Seung Jo’…”

“…I wonder why you always put your hand on your chest whenever people were calling me by my real name…”

“.. All this.. All this made me curious, until one time I’ve decided to ask your Aunt.”

“Yes, it was really hard to convince your Aunt to tell me though. Please dont blame her. I was the one insisting."

"Ha Ni, i know how much you have suffered before this... Ha Ni ahh, you are able to move on all this time... but dont let him conquer you with his unexpected presence. You have to be strong, dont be weak. Show him what you got, what the NEW you got. You have to tolerate him for these 2 months, i believe you can do it!

“As I’ve told you, I am such a pabo that I only realized it now that BAEK SEUNG JO, is actually the person that killed your love Ha Ni…”

“I promise you, I will protect you from those feelings that make you suffer. Now, don’t let yourself become the old Oh Ha Ni again, because I believe, the NEW YOU is the proudest evidence to show him that you will not fall for him again.”

 

That’s it! His long reasons and explanations made Oh Ha Ni understood now.

 

“But, I don’t know if I can endure this Joe, I mean.. tsk tsk..Every time I see him, i fell numb all over my body, I was trying so hard since yestersay to control my emotion. Now, leaving the NEW me defeated.. crying for him, crying for knowing he is really married to Haera... tsk.. tsk.." she managed to finish her sentence between her sobs.

 

“Shhh…” he hushed her and embraced her.

 

 

‘Ha Ni ahh.. I will protect you from him and from having ‘those’ feelings again. I don’t want you to love someone who doesn’t love you. I.will.make.you.mine.Oh.Ha.Ni’ he thought while caressing her back.

 

“Okay, now get back to your office, break time is almost finished.” He said smiling.

“Ha Ni ahh.. Don’t lose with your emotion, or else he will play with you again.. Face him with the NEW you, and don’t let your tears and heart betray you again in front of him.  I believe, you can do it. Because, in these two years, you have successfully became a Specialist Doctor Oh.Ha.Ni without his love… :) ” he consoled her.

 

Oh Ha Ni nodded and felt relieved.... at least now she has Joe who will always remind her not to love someone’s husband.

 

“Thanks Joe for your comfort...” she smiled showing her dimples.

 

“Alright, now.. pallii go.. hehe”

 

“Dae..”

 

Just before she walked away, Joe grabbed her hand and said, “One more thing, I know.. Your weakest part is when he smiles and stares at you like what happened earlier.”

 

“Uhmm..Is it.. that obvious?” she asked.

 

“Yea, more than obvious! It was like you were hypnotized! So, yea.. You must keep your eyes away from him whenever he wants to show his ‘weapons’ to attract you again. Okay?”

 

“Dae, I will try.”

 

“Don’t try, but you MUST.”

 

“YES BOSS!! I MUST!” she said it out loud with so much enthusiasm.. Now she has found a new spirit to handle her feelings.

 

“Aww! Such a good Noah’s Snail.” He pinched her nose and ran as fast as he could because he knows she didn’t like it.

 

“Yahh!!! That hurts!!! Aishh this man!!” Oh Ha Ni shouted and ran to catch him.

 

“Catch it while you can.” Joe was sticking out his tongue like a naughty kid.

 

Oh Ha Ni smiled and stopped from running when Joe was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Huhh, he surely is a fast runner.” She said feeling a little joy and decided to go to her workroom.

 

======

 

Baek Seung Jo went to the office after waiting for Oh Ha Ni outside the toilet. He felt depressed when after 15 minutes, she didn’t show up.. He has decided to take a little sight seeing on the window... However, an unwanted scene fed his eyes.

 

 He saw Joe & Hani were talking, crying, embracing and playing moments through their office window.

 

He clenched his hand with mixed emotions.. Anger and jealousy were conquering himself.. Angry because he knows he was the one who made her cry.. And jealous because Oh Ha Ni was hugging another man.

 

------

 

Oh Ha Ni was now outside the office. She needs to plant new confidence on herself. She twisted the door knob and walked inside.

 

“Good afternoon Mr.. Sorry if I left the canteen all of sudden.” with an awkward tone she greeted him.

 

Baek Seung Jo turned to where she was standing with burning eyes.

“I see.. you enjoyed ‘HIS’ hugs, Hmm?” he said sarcastically.. He tried to hold his jealousy. But it was just so hard.

 

‘Did he see it?’ Oh Ha Ni asked herself.

‘Soo.. What if he saw it?’  She continued in her mind and decided to ignore him. She then went to her table. She took a file from her table and gave it to him.

“Here is the document of my patients. You can go through it before going to my patient’s ward next week, Mr.”

 

“Cant you even answer my simple question??!”

 

“I’m sorry but its none of your business. It is my personal issues, i will only entertain questions from you regarding our work. Other than that, I am very sorry."

 

“Wow! You act differently... In the canteen and at the park, you act like a cheerful-girl-in-love, was that because Joe with you? Hmm??”

“And now when you are with me, you turned like this? Ignoring me? Leaving my words hanging without answer?” he was now fed up.

 

“How many times should I tell you? Its none of your business." She started to walked away to her table, but she stopped when Baek Seung Jo speak out, " you have misunderstood me! Haera is nothing to me.."

 

"How dare you told me she is nothing to you?! Cant you accept the fact she is your wife afterall??? I clearly understand everything. There is not a single thing that I dont know.. that i misunderstand. It is enough you have hurt me and I accept that with an open heart. Just please ... dont hurt someone entitled wife. If she knows this she will be broken hearted." 

 

He looked Oh Ha Ni with raged and left the office and did not come back for that day. He felt frustrated, he felt totally useless. He knows if he kept on arguing with her, she will still not want to know.

 

He took out his mobile phone and stared at it for so long.. The screen wallpaper on his phone was now changed to a teddy bear picture.. a teddy bear that Oh Ha Ni left at her room in The Baek’s house two years ago..

 

 

=====

 

Starting from that day, Baek Seung Jo didn’t talk a lot. He has been ignoring her for quiet some time now. Yes, for nearly one week!! ‘Silence and Ignorance’ are the two things he did. He only speak or talk to her whenever necessary relating to the task. Other than that, he will keep his mouth shut…

 

His unusual silence was actually killing himself. But he has to do this.. Slowly, and slowly, he started to fulfill Oh Ha Ni’s favor…

 

Unknown to him, Oh Ha Ni was also suffering from his silence. She wasn’t used to his silence after the incident. She felt that The Cold Baek Seung Jo was back.

 

In almost one week… the office.. Was in the unusual peace.. Peace as in ‘Speak Whenever Necessary’……………

 

 

 Tomorrow, they need to meet Oh Ha Ni’s patients. However, will the ‘Silence and Ignorance’ go on? Or the other way around……?

 

 

 

===END OF CHAPTER===

 

 

 

Hello GForce members, my subscribers, my readers, my commentators, my supporters and my silent readers... did you miss me? hehehe I do miss you guys!!! Soooooo muchhhh!!!

This chapter is a bit long? or still short? Lol..

For almost two months my story is in a long break! Lol.. and today I am back! I am back only for awhile and after that.. I will be busy again, celebrating ‘Hari Raya’ then.. Having another FINAL EXAM in OCT/NOV!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I am super duper happy that I ALMOST reach 100 subscribers! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LIKING/LOVING MY STORY!! I LOVE YOU!!

COMMENTS are needed. The long/crazy/wild/interesting comments are so much welcome!!! And also if you want to suggest anything, don’t hesitate to tell me.

Errors? Deal with it. lol…

 

GF Zie, I’m sorry to annoy you with my Thousand Thank You.

 

GF Mylin, Happy Birthday!! Here is my present for you!! mwah mwah mwah!!

 

 

 

 

PS. from Zie: sorry for the errors.. i'm not really good in editing, especially that english isn't my first language as well :) and sorry for posting this just now.. Mazzy, PEACE! :) and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ATE MY