Uninvited Guest

The Last of Us

Their wedding is one hell of a celebration. All K-pop artists that you are aware existing are there, celebrating the sweet couple’s marriage. Leaders from some vampire clans also are invited, while the rest refused to make it since it’s a marriage between a human and a vampire, which is considered as a disrespect. All they think is the bloodline, the continuation of their family. They think it’s better for those type of couples to die than to marry each other. But no one bother to touch Oh’s family since they are the Daylighters and they came from a wealthy and renowned family of the vampires.

                Areum is beautifully dressed in dusty pink dress, making her blushing cheeks pop out. The top is adorned with gold lace and diamonds, and the tulle skirt is surrounding her like puffs of clouds. So beautiful, even Sehun couldn’t stop looking at her with his mouth gaping when they were saying their vows.

                Sehun on the other hand is dressed in a jet black suit, making his features look unworldly. His silver hair is like an expensive headpiece. All about him is silver and black.

                “Congratulations our younger one! Aigoo, I’m older than you why are you getting married earlier than me? This isn’t fair!” Kai playfully punches his chest. Sehun acts as if it hurts so much, earning him a smack on his back.

                Areum, who is laughing at them, hits Sehun's shoulder as she struggles to stop laughing. “We just got married and you hit me? I’m going to have to report this domestic abuse to the police.” Sehun takes out his phone and pretends to call the police.

                “Go ahead, I’m not scared of sleeping in the jail. New experience for me, I guess.” Areum crosses her arms over her chest, ignoring Sehun completely while looking around, sometimes greeting the guests who are congratulating them for their marriage.

                “Hey, Areum sweetheart. I’m just kidding, honey. I wouldn’t want my wife to sleep in the jail. You know, it’s cold and maybe there are rats too-“

                “Yah! You know I hate rats!” Areum grits her teeth, smacking Sehun again on his shoulder.

                “Okay, okay. Wow, I didn’t know that my wife is such a strong person. I hope I wouldn’t end up with a dislodged shoulder after this celebration ended.” Sehun quirks his eyebrow.

"Wow, you both, calm down!" Both of them turn around to see Mrs. Baek and Areum's siblings grinning at them. "Congratulations, my daughter. You'll always be my little baby, Areum. Sehun, take care of her well, okay? I would punish you if you hurt her, got it?" Mrs. Baek says while giving hugs to both of them. Areum and Sehun just laugh heartily.

                After greeting all the guests, it’s now time for them to eat. Since Sehun let Areum chose the food and cake that are going to be served, all the food there is Areum’s favourite. But Areum’s favourite is Sehun’s too so he doesn’t mind that much.

                Areum is in the middle of feeding Sehun the red velvet cake when she sees someone that she wishes won’t be there, forever.

                “Honey, are you okay?” Sehun touches her face that starts to go pale, causing the pink rouge on her cheeks to stand out startlingly. Sehun too, starts to feel uncomfortable as he senses that something is wrong. He looks towards where Areum’s eyes are placed steadily, emptily. There she is. Someone who is crushing on him forever. Wendy.

                She slowly walks, creating a path for her among the guests automatically, if it’s possible. Tap, tap, tap. Her shiny black killer heels producing a steady rhythm when they touch the black mosaics. Everyone looks at her, amused with her unnatural beauty. Of course they are amused because the mundane don’t know that she’s dead. Well, literally. Only the vampires know who are part of their kind.

                She gets onto the stage, her sheer black dress clung to her body like it’s her second skin, a contrast against her pale porcelain doll skin, earning  ‘oohs’ from the guests, mainly men. She walks straight to the emcees who have their mouth gaping and with a smile, she takes the microphone away from one of the emcees.

                After taking a sip of red wine (which is not really wine since she’s a vampire) from her glass, she lifts the microphone to her red lips and starts talking. I wouldn’t deny the fact that her voice is like honey, sweet and soft.

                “Hello everyone. Some might know me and some might not so I will just introduce myself. I’m Wendy and I’m Sehun’s childhood friend. We’ve been friends like forever and we still are.”

                Sehun’s jaw tenses as she mentioned the word ‘friend’.

                “I’m glad to be seeing my old friend here, getting married with such a beautiful…mortal girl. Not that we’re immortal, right, Sehun?” She smirks, looking straight towards Sehun. Sehun on the other hand, glares at her, balling his fists by his side.

                “Areum, such a beautiful girl. I thought I would marry Sehun but since this poor little girl got in our way, and Sehun falls head over heels for this girl, I have no chance. I don’t hold grudges. That’s so not me. Only fools would be grudging over something…like this. I-“

                Areum realizes that Sehun’s not standing beside her anymore. He’s already standing beside Wendy, the microphone’s in his hand, broken. Wendy, instead of being shocked like most of the audiences, smirks, placing her right elbow on Sehun’s right shoulder, her back facing the guests.

                “I thought you would like to let them know what that has done,” she speaks, as low as she can, as long both of them can hear it.

                “And I didn’t invite you, Wendy. Why are you here? How do you know when and where is my wedding? You can come to our wedding, I don’t mind that, but to be so disrespectful to my wife? You  better get your filthy along with your attitude out of here.” Sehun grits his teeth, earning an irritating and annoying high-pitched laugh.

                “I should know when and where my friend’s-oops-future husband’s wedding is. And you better not call her your wife, it hurts my ears. And you can only call me, wife. Not someone else. We’re meant to be together. Immortal with immortal. Mortal with mortal. Got it? Do you really want to be isolated by those vampires who can’t accept this kind of marriage? There’s so many of them. You aren’t that stupid to risk your family’s position. One of the noble families.”

               “I’m not stupid. But you are. I would rather live with a mortal human, hated by my own kind, than to live with you, a wench. A cold-hearted woman. Or maybe, you don’t even have a heart. Leave me, Wendy. You will find someone else, someone better than me. Guards, can you please take her away?” Sehun says, refusing to look at Wendy. Instead he looks at the faces full of confusion, sitting in front of him.

                “You’re going to regret this, Sehun. I’ll make sure she’s dead. And if you want to die with her, we will die together. You, me and that wench.” She hisses as she’s being escorted towards the door. Her face is full of burning rage and grudge, causing other people to look away as they’re scared and not wanting to be involved in the conflicts.

                “Just you wait, Sehun. You’ll regret everything you said today. Your family and you…will become mine. And if all of you refused to accept me…I would say, die…in my own freaking hands.”

               

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey loveliessssssss such a late update, is it? T_T I just got admitted into a university three weeks ago and I've been so busy with assignments and things. But i will try to write as frequent as possible as I don't want to keep you waiting for updates. And wish me luck and strength to survive the university life :))))))