First Threat pt. 2

The Last of Us

AUTHOR’S P.O.V

                Wendy Wendy’s standing right beside Mrs. Baek. Mrs. Baek is fast asleep. It’s 3 p.m. Nobody is home. Both Eunji and Yonghwa are in school.

                Wendy stares at Mrs. Baek in hatred. She curls the latter’s hair around her finger, and plays with it. She grits her teeth and pulls the hair violently until they got separated from Mrs. Baek’s head. But she’s still asleep. As the result of the drug, consumed without her being aware of it. Wendy laughs as she sees a few tiny drops of blood starts to become visible on the white pillowcase.

                “You’ll become mine again, Oh Sehun. And we’ll both live a new life. Forget our past. Give birth to cute kids,” she giggles, “without that ugly thingy.”

                She takes out her phone from her dress’s pocket and opens the Find my iPhone. There, she can see that Areum and Sehun are both not that far from this house. She smirks, grabbing her handbag and gets out from the house. She can’t let herself being seen by them. Just not yet. It’s too early for that.

                In a flash, she disappears just like that.

AREUM’S P.O.V

                When we arrive at my house, I quickly jump out from the car without being able to be stopped by Sehun. I can’t wait no more. Or else my mom can be put into danger or worse, I can lose her. My tears won’t stop falling. It’s enough of losing my dad, I can’t lose my mom and my two brother and sister.

                The front door isn’t locked. Suddenly a raging flame of anger burns inside of me. What does she want from me, from us? She left Sehun, so why does she turn back and make everyone’s life miserable? I sigh, trying to calm myself. No, no, I can’t be mad now.

                I run immediately into mom’s bedroom and find her fast asleep on the thin bed just beside the window. Sunlight goes through the window, pricking mom’s skin. Her pale skin looks yellowish because of the natural light. I look at her face and finds the blood spots on her pillowcase. How dare she hurts my mom!

                Wasting no time, I try to wake her up, but there’s no response. I start to panic. This can’t be it. I put my fingers on her wrist, her pulse is still there, and still weak.

                “Sehun, we’ve to take mom to the hospital! Now!” Sehun who’s just entered the room, carries my mom and takes her to his car. Pang of guilt is spreading on his face. He must think that this thing happened because of him.

                As I got into the car, I hold his hand tightly.

                “It’s not your fault, Sehun. Don’t blame yourself, don’t feel guilty, okay?”

                He sighs, hard, before looking back at me, with a smile.

                “Let’s take your mom to the hospital.”

                “Your mom, is fine, Mrs. Oh. Based on our examination, there’s traces of drug in your mom’s blood. Maybe someone has given her something to make her sleep. Other than that, there’s no other injury except the one on her head. We already shaved the area and cleaned it to prevent any infections. Don’t worry, Mr. and Mrs. Oh, your mom will wake up in no time.” The doctor smiles and leaves afterwards.

                My phone suddenly rings. New message.

                “How does it feel to be fooled?” – Wendy

                I clench my phone in my fist, trying to hold in my anger and not to burst into tears here.

                “Areum, give me your phone.”

                I am dumbfounded but still, I give him my phone. He takes it, deletes all the messages from Wendy and finally blocks the number.

                “Don’t let her get to you.” He gives back my phone and smiles. 

                I smile, but deep in my heart, there’s still an uneasiness settling there, as if this prank is not the end. Instead, it’s just a beginning.

AUTHOR’S P.O.V

                Wendy’s painting her long nails red, her favorite color, of all time. Her phone buzzes. She thought she’d just ignore it before she sees the sender. Oh Sehun.

                With her still-wet nails, she quickly grabs her phone which was put on the vintage white bedside table. Her heart flutters. Maybe he’s going to come back for me, she thinks, giggling afterwards.

                But it doesn’t last long. Her grin turns into a frown. What’s wrong, everyone might ask.

                “You better not touch, or disturb, or do anything to Areum. If you dare to do those, then you’re definitely doomed. By doomed, I mean, you’d be dead.” – Oh Sehun

                She throws her phone away. The phone’s crushed as a result from the impact of being thrown against the red and black painted wall.

                “But that’s okay. He doesn’t know who I am. I’ve changed. I really have changed. 100%. I’m not the old person anymore.”

                She laughs, hysterically although her nails are poking into her palms, blood dripping onto the black mosaic. The nails themselves are broken. All of them.

                “Yah! Come and clean this!” She shouts, then continues to laugh.

                Her maid quickly comes, head’s down, as she knows what’s the consequence would be if she dare to lift her head. She is on her knees when suddenly she gasps in pain. is grabbed and twisted, and the body becomes lifeless.

                “What can I do? I’m too hungry.” Wendy sighs, and enjoy her meal for that night as bloodthirsty is dominating herself, causing her to lose control completely on herself.