Daylighter

The Last of Us

This chapter is a little bit short. I think I got a little too distracted that I feel like I lost all of my ideas. Maybe I am too worried about my examination result! >_< Anyway enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEHUN’S P.O.V

“Thank you for the meal, Oh Sehun.” She smiled, lighting up her face. I swear, she’s way prettier than the sunset. We’re at the Hangang River. It’s my favorite place, so it’s a must for me to show it to my beloved person. We all have our own hideout, but it isn’t really a hideout.

                “Why are you calling me Oh Sehun?” I stared at her, admiring her beauty. The orange light from the sunset, made her looked angelic, almost aesthetic. The irises of her hazel eyes were visible

                “Oh, why? I thought I always call you with that name?” She looked at me, all innocent. She really didn’t have any idea about love, did she? I laughed a little.

                “You should be calling me Sehun oppa. We’re now a couple right?”

                She blushed when she heard the statement. Can I pinch her cheeks already? She would be so cute if her reaction was drawn into those little chibis.

                “Yes, I will…Sehun oppa…” The pinkish tint was getting more vivid every second.

                “Hey, if you keep blushing, your cheeks would explode you know?” I couldn’t stop myself and found my hands already pinching her cheeks. She just snorted and laughed together with me. Everything about her was angelic. I didn’t even thought that I’d be able to fall in love with an angelic person.

                I mean…vampires are monsters, correct? Monsters are never kind. They are obnoxious. Vampires are monstrous. They kill people as long as they get to feed. It’s not like I fed on people before. I just felt disgusted with myself since I am one of the creatures with that nature. I could control myself now, but what if one day, I lost control and ended up feeding on humans. I could be a killer. I could be a murderer. And what if I happened to hurt Areum?

                Soft fingers linked themselves with mine. I looked away from the sunset and avert my eyes towards her.

                “What’s wrong?” She asked, look of curiosity flashed in her eyes.

                “Nothing. Everything’s great. I’m just so happy with what had happened today. I thought I’d never be able to love again.” I muttered the last sentence, making it barely audible.

                “Sehun oppa, I actually have one question, no, two question for you. Do you mind to answer it for me?” She pouted, her puppy eyes pleading me for my permission.

                “If you ask me something that would offend me-“

                “Then you will leave me here and I have to find a bus to go home. Got it.” She looked ahead, still pouting.

                “Hey, you’re able to finish my sentence now! Good grace!”

                “Guess what? If you leave me here, I will just find a bus and go home. I don’t mind going home by bus.”

                My smile faded. There’s no way I would let her travel on her own. Especially with public transport. It’s a big no-no.

                “No. You’re not going to go anywhere by bus anymore. I’m here for you. All the time. 24/7.”

                “But aren’t you working?”

                “Um… I’m the boss so should I really work? I don’t think it’s necessary…?”

                “You’re silly.” She punched me right at the shoulder, but of course, when you’re in love, it doesn’t hurt at all.

                “Okay…what questions do you have in store for me, milady?”

                “First…you said you’re a vampire. Vampires can’t walk under the sun, right? It would burn them into ashes. But why are you-“

                “Ah…that. I’m not the normal vampire. Baekhyun too. In fact, all EXO members are vampires but not the normal one. We’re called Daylighters. Have you ever heard of that name?”

                She was astonished, gaped open. “No….”

                Of course she didn’t. She was super shocked when she heard the word ‘vampire’, let alone the word ‘Daylighter’.

                “Daylighters are vampires but they aren’t normal. They feed on blood too. It’s just the Daylighters are able to walk under the sun, without it scorching them. That’s why, I’m still able to stand in front of you, talk to you, just like a normal human. Even in daylight.”

                “What-I mean-how does that happen?”

                I sighed. Well I’m no good at History…

                “I don’t know…I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you why because me myself doesn’t have any idea about it.” I gritted my teeth.

                “Well, that’s okay…”

                I closed my eyes, enjoying the breeze when I remembered she still has one question to ask me.

                “Areum, what is the next question?”

                After a few seconds of silence, she then uttered her question.

                “Why did…in the class…Irene-“

                “She doesn’t see me. Yeah, it’s because I hide myself from her. Not only her, but everyone. But since you,” I pointed my index finger towards her, “love me, in fact you’re my soul mate, you can see me without having any problems.”

                gaped open, wider now. I laughed at her reaction, earning a glare from her.

                “What are you laughing at? I really don’t have any idea about what you were explaining!”

                After I stopped laughing (my tears came out for real), I took a deep breath (which I didn’t even need, it’s just calming me down) and told her the rest.

                “It’s called glamour. Glamour is like a canvas, it hides everything from mundane and let them see what we want them to see. I want them to see me as Mr. Lee, so they see me as him. That’s why Irene couldn’t see me earlier. Sorry if I had cause her to see you like a moron.”

                She took a few minutes to brain everything she heard when she finally said something that made my dead heart fluttering.

                “You’re so different. You sound so weird. I never thought that I could fall in love with a moron like you…but then maybe that’s why I fell in love with you. You’re different.” I then earned a kiss on my cheeks, warmth against coldness.

                “I thought you love Baekhyun so much? You now know that he’s different from other people too.”

                “How do you know that I love-loved Baekhyun so much? I never tell anyone except my bestfriend.”

                “Your soul mate knows everything about you, my dear. Let’s just enjoy the sight in front of us.”

                “But-“

                “Shhh….”

                So, we enjoyed everything, until the sun set completely and the city was lit with colorful lights, just like an art. Except there's nothing that can beat Areum.