Son Seung Wan

The Last of Us

*the dress Areum's wearing

*the dress Areum's wearing*

AREUM’S P.O.V

 It’s finally 8.00 in the morning. After a ‘good’ overnight, it’s finally morning again. After what had happened last night, I couldn’t even sleep for a minute. I’m actually scared that the shadow would come back and do something bad. It was 7.45 am that I finally felt sleepy. I got only a little sleep before the alarm went off, waking me up from my short deep sleep. My phone rings just after I snoozed the alarm.

                “Areum, it’s Sehun. You already woke up? I’m on my way to pick you up.”

                I sigh. Why do I have classes today? I yawn so loudly before I answer him. He just laughs at me as he thought that it was funny.

                “Yes, I already woke up. Okay sure, I’m going to go get a bath and get dressed. See you later, bye!” I put my phone on the bedside table. After rubbing my eyes for a few times, only then I wake up and walk lazily towards the bathroom. It’s so tiring to not get an 8 hours of sleep. Thank goodness I already prepared my clothes to be worn today. So that I won’t take much time to get dressed.

                As I was washing my shoulder-length hair, I think about what had happened yesterday. Does someone actually holding a grudge towards me? If so, who is it? The image of the shadow with the red eyes makes me shudder even though the water isn’t that cold. Me and Sehun are together for years and only now, someone tells me I should leave him. What the hell? I’m loving him with all my heart and I'm leaving him?? No way! I sigh, maybe this is regarding something that Sehun keeps away from me? Or…

                Realizing that I’m taking too much time in the bathroom, I think I ought to stop thinking about this and focus more on my study. I’m afraid that if I focused on this kind of nonsensical things, I might lose my focus during studying. Why do I said it’s nonsense? Because there’s no way a normal human being would have a pair of bright red eyes!

                With a short-sleeved black and red knee-length dress, and a thin makeup, I am ready to go. Sehun’s car is already in front of my house. Sehun, in his Louis Vuitton’s coat, a black shirt and a pair of black jeans, is leaning against his car, his black iPhone in his hand, a tense expression on his face. His knuckles are turning white. What’s wrong?

                “Sehun oppa?”  I stuttered as I am afraid that he’s currently not in a good mood. Did he wait for me for too long? I look at my Swarovski watch. 8.15 am. Wow, me myself is shocked. Did I really get ready in 15 minutes? I don’t think he waited for me that long…

                “Sehun, were you waiting for me…? I’m sorry if I’m late…”

                He takes my hand and kisses it. He then places it on his cheek. “You’re not late. You’re exactly on time. It’s just there’s something going on in my mind. But don’t worry, it’s not something big. And it’s not about you.” He smiles, but I can see it in his eyes that he’s upset about something. But I’d rather not ask, since he’s the type of person that would open up when he feels like it. Instead of asking him something that would ruin our already messed-up mood, I open the car’s door, instructing him to just get into the car and cheer up. He smiles at that, without a word.

                On our way to the restaurant, both of us are very quiet. The radio isn’t too. Me myself is too engrossed with what was happening to me, to him too. He’s driving but he looks distracted, his knuckles whiten and his mouth is set into a thin line. I put my hand onto his hand which is on the gear and he’s shocked, as if I woke him up from a deep sleep.

                “U-Uh yes? What’s wrong, Areum?”

                “Hey, are you okay? You seemed distracted.”

                My phone rings. It’s my lecturer, calling to inform that the class is cancelled. I am thankful, considering I didn’t get enough sleep last night.

                “Sehun, if you need a company, I’m here. Class got cancelled today, so we can spend our time together,” I smile, wanting him to know that I’m sincere.

                He sighed. After a few moments of taking deep breaths, he finally talks.

                “Areum, did something happen to you recently?” He pulls up to the roadside, stopping there and looking at me, wanting me to answer with honesty.

                I am pondering if I should tell him about the last night’s incident. ‘I shouldn’t hide anything from him’, I thought.

                “L-last night. Someone left me a note…”

                “What note?”

                Me, remembering that I had tucked the note in my handbag, quickly scramble for it. Sehun’s eyes widen when he reads the note, crumpling it in his fist. He leaned against his seat, a look of defeat on his face.

                “Areum-ah. I’m being honest, I told you everything, except one thing. I-I did have a girlfriend, before you. B-but don’t worry, I don’t have any affair with her anymore. In fact, we haven’t kept in touch for so long.”

                I sigh. Everyone has their own past, right? Someone who’s good looking like him, is impossible to not have a girlfriend. I nod towards him, signaling him to continue with his story.

                “Her name is Seung Wan. Song Seung Wan. But I called her Wendy. We were good friends since kindergarten. She’s from a rich family, just like mine. So, both of us are left behind, since our parents are busy with their work. When we got into high school, she told me that she had a crush on me. Since she was the only girl I talked to, well I’m a coward when it comes to girls,” he laughs a little, “of course, I had a crush on her too. We then became a couple. After two years, I found out that she was using me for money and she got another boyfriend too. I was totally upset, didn’t her family give her money? We’re both rich! So she left me, when she found out that I already knew about it. After that we never contact each other again.”

               I nod, understanding his problem. Well, there’s still some people who are not grateful enough with what they have. “So what’s happening now, Sehun? Is this something that have to do with Wendy?”

                “It can be that. Actually I got a message too. It’s like a warning. And I’m positive it’s Narae. Since I still keep her number.” He s his phone into my hand, the messaging app is opened.

                “I STILL LOVE YOU, OH SEHUN. LEAVE HER AND COME TO ME. I’M WAITING FOR YOU. I CAN TREAT YOU BETTER THAT SHE DOES! FURTHERMORE SHE’S NOT THAT RICH COMPARED TO ME!” – WENDY

“YOU DON’T LOVE ME ANYMORE, DO YOU, SEHUN? I KNOW WHO THAT GIRL IS. BAEK AREUM, RIGHT? YOU KNOW, I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT TOWARDS HER IF YOU REFUSE TO COME BACK TO ME.” – WENDY

                “ANSWER ME, SEHUN.” – WENDY

                “IT’S FINE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO. I’D MAKE THAT AREUM LEAVE YOU.”  - WENDY

 

                I take a deep breath as I can feel a sting at the back of my eyes. I should not cry, I shouldn’t. I hate it when someone compared themselves to me. I know I didn’t come from a rich family, but I didn’t ask to be born in that kind of family. I’m grateful enough to have my mother and my siblings. It’s okay to not have money, than to live life without love. And to leave someone whom I love the most after my family, it's a cruel thing to ask me for.

                “Don’t be bothered by her, Areum. I’m going to protect you from her. Whatever it takes. Do you want me to fetch up your family from Busan? If you want to, then Iet’s go.”

                “Won’t it be dangerous for them to be here? I think it’s better for them to stay here. At least, Wendy will only find me, not my family. I’d rather die than to see my family members die-“

                He kisses me so suddenly to shut me up. Slowly, tears fall onto my cheeks. I push him away and I can see bloody tears coming out from his now bright red eyes. Vampires cry out blood, he told me. I quickly take a tissue and wipe his tears away.

                “Don’t cry, Oh Sehun,” I hug him tightly. Wanting him to calm down. I put my head on my chest, as if I could hear his heartbeats although it’s impossible.

                “Please don’t say you’re going to die, Areum! I don’t want you to leave me too,” he sobs, hard.

                I give him a small smile and a little nod. If it what it takes to save my beloved ones, then I would. But I don’t voice it out, he has had enough worry.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p/s Wendy is my bias in Red Velvet so I really want her to be in this fanfic. My second bias is Irene, and that's why she become my best friend! Don't worry I love the members of Red Velvet equally :) Keep waiting for new update, lovelies!! <3