My New Friend Anxiety

Those Puppy Dog Eyes |Vkook|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.”
– Joseph Campbell


-----------------------------
 

    “Screw you!” A-Yeong spits angrily, wiping her gray eyes to rid of her tears. Jungkook sighs tiredly before running his hand through his brown hair. 

    Jungkook finally decided that he was going to break up with her before dealing with Hoseok so then he could finally ask Taehyung to be his boyfriend. A-Yeong already was noticing that Jungkook was acting differently around her since Taehyung arrived. Though, she hasn’t it together that the two were falling in love with each other behind her back. But A-Yeong has been refusing to let Jungkook break up with her. She has put more effort into Jungkook than any other boyfriend she has had. And that’s saying a lot. She knows that Jungkook is probably cheating on her with some other girl but it doesn’t matter to her. Jungkook is hers. All her friends always comment on how cute they are together and A-Yeong loved that.

   “You are not allowed to leave me. We’re staying together whether you like it or not!” A-Yeong shouts, stomping her foot on her tile floor. She scrunches up her cute upturned nose, clenching her small hands up into fists, and turning her pretty pink lips into a pout. 

    Jungkook watches at her with a disappointed and pained look. His dark brown eyes not sparkling as they used to whenever he saw her. That little bunny grins that he flashes now but it’s never directed towards her anymore. And his warm kisses and hugs. Jungkook was so kind to her and the best boyfriend she ever had. He is so handsome, kind, intelligent, and mischievous all at the same time. How could he leave me? I-I need him. Who could have made him act so happy but cold towards me? What did this? I’ll-

    “A-Yeong, I’m sorry but we’re done. You probably already know this but I have someone else. If you really love me you’d let me be happy with him.” Jungkook says serenely, placing his warm hands on her shoulders. She slaps them off. 

    “Him? Are you ing gay? Was this all some stupid joke?” A-Yeong asks softly but her voice dangerously low. She watches Jungkook with her steely gray eyes that overflow with confused tears. 
    “No! I did seriously like you, for real. I would never cheat on you. But this g-guy is different. I like him so much, A-Yeong, please understand. If it makes you feel better, he already has a boyfriend.”
    A-Yeong’s mouth falls open, then she closes it and shakes her head. “Jungkook, what are you doing with your life? What’s wrong with you? You really need to fix this.” 
    Jungkook smiles happily, knowing that this means that she’s letting him go. He reaches over and plants a soft kiss on her cheek while she pouts and turns her head away. Jungkook strides out of her room with a bounce of confidence in his step. A-Yeong roughly wipes her leaking eyes, still angry at Jungkook but hoping that everything will go right for him. God, what an idiot. I hope he knows what he’s doing. 
    She takes out her pink phone case and calls someone. “Hey, Lisa. Will you come over and bring some food and movies for me. Yeah...I know. Shut up! Just come over and keep me company. Jungkook? He...he found someone else. No! God, you’re so ing violent. Just come over as fast as you can! Yeah, I love you too,” A-Yeong sighs and throws herself on top of her bed. Then she sighs again and starts to roll around on her bed, slightly whining. Jungkook. He better have the hottest boyfriend in the world if he’s going to leave me. 

----------------

    “Hey, Jungkookie!” Jimin greets Jungkook warmly, patting the spot next to him. 
           Jungkook sneaks a look at Taehyung who is currently guarded by Hoseok. Hoseok smiles at Jungkook as Taehyung grins at him too from under Hoseok’s arm. Jungkook blows a kiss at Taehyung quickly, making him giggle. Jimin catches this and elbows Jungkook in the side, beckoning him to tell what’s up. Jungkook shakes his head and mouths “tell you later”. Jimin frowns unhappily but lets it go. Jungkook takes a pop tart from his bookbag and stuffs one in his mouth hungrily. Jimin takes the pop tart wrapper away from him and slaps him lightly on the shoulder. 
          “Jungkookie! That’s not a lunch. This isn’t healthy at all!” Jimin shouts at Jungkook who reaches for his next pop tart. 
          “What? I eat this usually every day. Stop being such a pest,” Jungkook whines at him and eats the other pop tart quickly. Reaching across the table to Jin’s tray, he grabs his strawberry milk and chugs it down. Jin glares at him and takes his milk back. 
    “Aish, you do not. You eat like two lunches combined while taking someone’s grapes. What’s up? Stop holding out on your best friend.” Jimin demands, smacking him again on the arm. 
    Jungkook sighs and leans to steal Yoongi’s cookies. His voice comes out slightly happy and he has to tone it down a bit: “I broke up with my girlfriend just now,”
    Everyone stops moving at the table. Namjoon sets his sandwich on the table and the sandwich slips off the table. He whines, staring at his filthy sandwich on the ground. Namjoon reaches for it and Jin slaps his hand away, glaring at him. Jin clears his throat: “I’m really sorry, Jungkook. You guys were so cute together,”
            Jimin star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter