My Hope, My Savior, Why Did You Leave?

The Heiress

                You lay on the bed of the new room the boys had given you, much more comfortable than your old one.

                You hated seeing them all so upset, even if you had barely gotten to know them so far.

                So, you had decided. Even if you didn’t want to, you would start training. Even if you hated the thought of it, you would fight so they would be happy.

                Even if it hurt you to think about it, you would risk your life right beside theirs.

                Just so they would be happy.

                As you were about to get up to go and find one of them, you heard a knock at your door. “Come in,” I called.

                The door opened and Jimin’s head popped inside, smiling sadly. “Hey,” he said.

                “Hi,” I replied, standing up.

                He looked at me sheepishly. “S- Sorry for interrupting, if you were doing something.”

                “No, it’s fine, I wasn’t. I was just… thinking.”

                He nodded, sitting down at the foot of my bed. “What about?”

                “Training. I- I think I will train, at least for a bit, just so you guys are happy.”

                He smiled, standing up and wrapping you in a hug as a huge smile spread across his face. “Oh my gosh, thank you! The hyungs told me to come talk to you about that and I really didn’t want to, thank you for making this so much easier!”

                You blushed slightly, putting an arm around him. It was comfortable, hugging him, but you weren’t quite used to showing affection. Even Hoseok rarely hugged you; he knew you could be a bit sensitive to the touch of others. “You’re welcome…?”

                He let go, his face turning red. “Oh, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. Sorry. I’m just… really happy that you’re willing to give it a try.” He grinned, jumping up and down in an attempt to control his excitement. “We’ll teach you well, okay? Don’t worry about it! Come on, let’s go tell the others! They’ll be happy.”

                You nodded, following him as he ran out and through the winding corridors which you had yet to fully understand, yet he traveled with ease.

                The other five were all sitting in the room where you had first met them, playing some sort of game with different rocks.

                Taehyung jumped up, yelling happily as the others appeared distressed. “Taehyung, it’s not fair! You know exactly how to win every time,” Jin whined.

                Namjoon looked over at him with a slight smile, patting his back in consolation. “Don’t worry, you’ll beat him next time, maybe.”

                As soon as they all saw you with Jimin, they looked over and hushed. Namjoon’s smile went away as quickly as it had appeared at the sight of you. “Oh.”

                Jimin smiled. “Everyone, we can officially say that The Heiress is willing to be trained by us!”

                They all broke out into smiles and cheering except for Jungkook, who looked down and just nodded.

                Jimin ran over and gave Jungkook a hug. “Come on. Stop moping! This is good! Aren’t you happy?”

                He looked up at Jimin, shaking his head. Jimin frowned. “Jungkookie, why won’t you smile?”

                He just shook his head, standing still. I looked down. “Is- Is this my fault…?”

                Namjoon shook his head, smiling slightly towards you. “No, don’t worry. Jungkook is just a bit… moody today. Also, I’m sorry about earlier…” He finished.

                You nodded. “I- It’s fine. But I feel really bad for Jungkook… He and Hoseok were really close, weren’t they?”

                He nodded. “He loved Hoseok like they were brothers. And to everyone here, they were brothers. Nobody else could get close to Jungkook, but Hoseok could. And now that he’s gone… It isn’t easy for him. He’s barely 12…”

                You went over to Jungkook, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked at it in shock, but didn’t move away. “Jungkook, I- I’m sorry about Hoseok. I didn’t mean to… I didn’t mean to make him leave you guys. I know he meant a lot to you, he meant a lot to me, too. He still does. And if you ever have anything you want to say to Hoseok, I- I’ll make sure to tell him, okay?”

                He looked up at you silently for a few seconds, then gave you a hug. You smiled slightly, putting your arm around him. You could feel his chest moving up and down, crying silently.

                As you stood there with Jungkook, the others began to slowly disperse.

                “It’s late,” you heard Jin whisper to the others. “I’m sending all of you to bed, except for Kookie and Ms. Heiress.”

                While they left, you continued to embrace Jungkook. He sobbed quietly as you put your other arm around him, pulling him close. “Jungkook, it’s okay. Hoseok is still here. He still cares for you, even from another life. He loves you very much.”

                Jungkook sniffled, looking up. His mouth moved, but only air and a few strangled tones escaped it.

                He was trying to speak! You looked down at him, eyes widened slightly. “What were you saying?”

                “H… Hose… ok…” He pointed to you, repeating the name. “Hoseok.”

                “I- I’m not Hoseok…” You said.

                He nodded. “You… Know… Hoseok.”

                “Y- Yes, I know him. We were best friends. Why?”

                He coughed slightly, his voice rasping from not being used for years. “Give him back.”

                “Pardon?” You looked at him, confused.

                “Body. Give him back,” He said, taking on a more stern tone.

                “No, I didn’t steal the body! I- I promise, it wasn’t me.”

                He shook his head. “You d- don’t understand…”

                “I’m sorry…”

                How were you supposed to have his body? It didn’t make sense…

                He looked away, falling silent again.

                “Kookie, if you want, I can always relay a message to him from you. If you want.”

                He nodded, not saying anything. Quietly, he fished out a piece of crumpled paper from a pocket in his jeans, handing it over. And without saying another word, he walked off towards his room.

 

 

                As you lay down on your bed, you read over his note quickly. You still don’t quite understand why he doesn’t like talking when he so obviously can. And what does he mean when he says he wants you to give the body back?

                You shake your head, opening the crinkled piece of paper.

                Hoseok.

                I miss you.

                Why did you leave me?

                I want to see you. But this isn’t you, is it?

                Come back, Hoseok.

                I need you.

                Help me.

                None of them understand. But you’re gone. I can’t see you anymore. I want to.

                I need you here. Please.

                Save me, Hoseok.

                Please take my hand and save me.

                Your eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, rereading the message for the umpteenth time. “Jungkookie, none of this makes sense…”

                Reluctantly, you put down the letter, closing your eyes and hoping that sleep would find you soon.