A Rushed Plotline

The Heiress

                “Jimin! W- We’re being attacked!” Seokjin ran into your room, eyes wide and his chest heaving. “Come on, get up! We need you guys!”

                You bolted up, shaking Jimin, whose arms were wrapped around you. He looked up, groaning. “What is it?”

                Jin sighed loudly. “Come on, Jimin! This isn’t the time to be tired, they’re back?”

                Jimin stood up quickly, eyes widening. “Wait, them? Like, them them?”

                Jin nodded solemnly.

                “Who’s them?” You asked, staring at Jin quizzically.

                “No time to explain.” Jimin grabbed my wrist lightly, pulling me along, “If they’re here, they’re probably looking for you.”

                “Me? Why would they-“ You stopped yourself before you could finish speaking. Duh. You were The Heiress, there must have been more than just Interitus coming after you.

                Jimin led you into an armory, throwing a staff with spikes lining either side at you, along with a protective chestplate. You slipped it on quickly, looking over at Jimin to see him wearing the same armor, his sword dangling at his side. He smiled at you sadly. “Don’t get hurt, okay?”

                You nodded, absentmindedly touching your torso where the bruise from your fight still lingered.

                Jin tsked at the two of you. “We’ve held them off for the past few months, but we need you two! Come on, please, do something besides stare at one another!”

                Jimin nodded and began running through the halls again, reaching the main entrance and pushing it open.

                You had never seen the surrounding forest before. A dirt road led up to the doors, buried in a sheer stone cliff covered in moss. Trees surrounded it, their leaves yellowing with the season.

                You gasped as you saw the sight in front of you. Little creatures of shadow, hundreds of them, lurked from the edges of the forest. Namjoon stood with a club, beating anything that came near him into oblivion. Yoongi stood with a bow, shooting down any enemies joining the already humongous horde gathering. Seokjin charged into the fight next to Namjoon, slicing a demon off of the younger one’s back with a dagger.

                Taehyung was truly a sight: he lifted up a hand, yelling, and watched as vines sprang up, entangling a dozen of the creatures. He grinned, tightening his fist and squeezing the demons until they roared and flashed out of existence.

                Jimin smiled over at you and gave you a small wink before charging in, sword drawn, and slashing wildly at the creatures.

                Jungkook ran over to you, wrapping you in a hug. He was shaking. “H- Help me… I’m scared…”

                You wrapped your arms around his trembling body, kissing his head softly. “Shh, Kookie, it’ll be okay! Just let me help them, and we’ll all be okay.” He nodded, clinging to you for a bit longer and then releasing you to join the fight.

                You scanned the fight and found a weak point in the boys’ line of defense, rushing over with your staff poised. You swiped your staff forward, tripping some of the shadows and sending them tumbling back into one another. You slammed the staff down, crushing one of the creatures underneath it.

                Jimin, who was somehow fighting beside you, shouted a warning. “No! Don’t do that! Pixies will call more of their ranks when- augh!”

                “Jimin!” You looked over as the so-called Pixies overwhelmed him, latching on to him and attacking him; tearing at his skin, clawing at his eyes, ripping out his hair. He screamed and grabbed one of them, tearing it away from his face.

                You stepped back as the pixies began crawling towards you, their cackling like smoke and glass shards combined. Their numbers doubled as more emerged from the forest.

                You and the boys had been backed to the Hold’s door, desperately brandishing your weapons. Taehyung had collapsed, his head beaded with sweat as the Pixies surrounded them once more. “Wh- What do we do?” You asked fearfully.

                Jungkook watched with wide eyes, looking at you. “You can use Hoseok!”

                “What?”

                “His spirit, use it like you did with the fight before!”

                Jin watched with his eyes wide, watching as Jungkook spoke for what was practically the first time for him.

                You nodded and concentrated, trying to pull up any memories you could of Hoseok.

                Jungkook’s worried face fell to a monotone, emotionless gaze as you collapsed again, a wisp of blue smoke yelling in the faint voice of your best friend.

 

 

                There were no voices, no spirits as you swam through the darkness.

                Just a voice, calling your name, begging you to wake up.

                You opened your eyes slightly, to find Jimin’s face hovering above yours. His eyes were rimmed with red and covered in healing scars, a small tuft of hair missing from the side of his head.

                “J- Jimin…” You groan, blinking rapidly. “What…”

                He sobbed, kissing you fervently. He pulled back, looking at you sadly. “I thought you were dead…”

                You sat up, rubbing your head to get rid of your headache. “Jimin, what happened?”

                “I don’t know, you collapsed, and then the Pixies left. Jungkookie said it was your power… That Hoseok’s spirit scared them off. I don’t know how he knew about it, but I guess he was right. But it doesn’t matter. You’re okay, and that’s all that matters to me.”

                You smiled, taking his scarred hands in your own. “I’ll always be okay, Jimin. Don’t worry about me?”

                He shook his head. “N- No, those Pixies are dangerous. You could have died if it weren’t for whatever happened! I- I could have lost you…”

                Your eyes widened. For creatures so small, it seemed like Jimin was really worried for you. “Were they that dangerous…?”

                He nodded, eyes glistening with tears. “They’re strong. And vicious. And there’s a lot. And they’re still one of the least dangerous things out there…” Jimin pulled you into a hug, kissing your cheek. “I just want you to be safe…”

                You hugged him back, worrying at your lip softly. You didn’t want to worry Jimin, but you knew you wouldn’t be able to avoid getting hurt.

                You didn’t know what the right word was to describe how you felt. Useless, vulnerable, dumb, and everything in between. And you didn’t know how to stop feeling this way.

                Unless…

                You pulled back, kissing him softly. “Jimin, could you get Jungkook? I- I want to talk to him… Alone.”

                He nodded slowly, kissing you back. “Of course. But then you need rest, okay?”

                You nodded as he walked out, calling Jungkook’s name in the halls.

                Jimin opened the door again, flashing you a lopsided smile as Jungkook walked in and closing the door slowly.

                Jungkook walked over to the side of your bed, wrapping his hands around your arm and looking up at you. “A- Are you okay?”

                You nodded, smiling. “I just need rest, Kookie. But I- I wanted to talk to you about that, actually…”

                He nodded solemnly. “Hoseok…?”

                “Yeah. I- I want your help, Kookie. What do I do now?”

                His worried expression fell back to the emotionless one from before. His face twisted into a smirk as he put his hand on your forehead, concentrating as your head began to lighten.

                Your eyes began closing slowly as you looked at Jungkook. Black spots danced in front of your eyes. “Jungkook, what-“

                He looked up as Jimin’s voice resonated, grabbing you and ignoring your cry of pain as he lifted you with his arm around your injured side. “We have to go.”

                As your vision faded to darkness for a time you couldn’t even count to, the last thing you heard was Jimin yelling.

 


 

AN: Welp, if you can't tell by the titles, I'm seriouly uncreative right now. I'm also running on literally no sleep because I accidentally took medicine with caffeine at midnight, so I have no energy to run off of right now. I'm trying my best to update well, though! Sorry if this sounds weird. But anyways, thanks for subscribing and reading and being humans and things!
 

I need to take a nap, gosh...