10 Minutes and Death

The Heiress

                After a week of sitting in your cell, the only person who had come to talk to you was Yoongi. He would give you ten minutes every day for him to answer your questions.

                “Go.”

                “What are Shadows?”
                “Nobody knows, nobody cares. We just fight them.”

                “When can I leave The Hold?”

                “Not ever, probably. Until you’re trained, it’s safest here.”

                “Why won’t anyone believe that I didn’t hurt Hoseok?”

                “Because of Jin. He sensed you weren’t innocent, and that your soul carried a heavy secret.”

                “But I don’t have any secrets…”

                “Okay, I don’t make up any of these rules. All I know is that you’re hiding something, and maybe you don’t even know it, but you’re not innocent. You did something, at some point in time.”

                You sigh, running a hand through your tangled hair. “I just want everything to go back to normal. I- I want Hoseok back, I want Mrs. Lee and Mr. Lee and my normal failure of a life.”

                Yoongi smiled slightly yet sadly. “I’m really sorry all of this happened to you. But Hoseok was sure that you were The Heiress, and he wasn’t wrong. You have some sort of powers.”

                You shook your head. “You’re wrong, he was wrong. I’m just a normal person!”

                “But you’re not! Jimin told us about at the house… You summoned something. That something killed Interitus and is the reason you and Jimin survived to tell about it.”

                You looked at him and opened your mouth to ask another question, but Yoongi stopped you. “That was ten minutes. I’ll come back tomorrow, okay?”

                You nodded, looking sullen.

                He stood up, walking out.

                You curled up on your bed, which had gotten quite a bit comfier over the past few days of sleeping on it. Sleep decided to welcome you like an old friend at this time, of course.

                “Yah, wake up!”

                Hoseok. He was shaking your shoulders, smiling as you opened your eyes. “Finally! You’re awake! Have Jimin and Seokjin and the others treated you well? How do you like it? Ah, I was so excited to show you this place!”

                “Hoseok, what do you mean? Y- You’re dead!”

                He smiled. “Yeah, but you’re The Heiress! Didn’t Namjoon talk to you about it? He did welcome you, right?”

                “Hoseok, that doesn’t make any sense!”

                He sighed in exasperation. “The Heiress, you idiot! You’re the next in line for the Throne!”

                “That has nothing to do with this?”

                He ran a hand through his hair, frustration evident on his face. “Wow, they really are lost without me. You’re talking to me because of your lineage, duh! We have Bloodlines, so do you! Your Bloodline is Royalty; you can speak to the dead!”