Innocence Like a Kookie's

The Heiress

“What?!” You looked at Hoseok skeptically.

                He nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! It’s your Bloodline! They… did tell you about them, right?”

                You shook your head. “They only told me the basics so I didn’t freak out when they brought me here.”

                Hoseok sighed dramatically. “They’re so useless sometimes, gosh! Bloodlines every person has them, obviously. It’s very very important, some more than others. The best and most important, those with the most magic, those come to The Hold and become Warriors! Most are weak, and any really amazing part of their bloodline has died out over generations, so they’ve become very normal and dependent on science. But yours is strong, mine was strong, all of my friends have very strong ones. Except for Kookie’s, since we don’t know his yet. Gosh, I miss Kookie. He barely ever used to smile, but then when I left for work the morning before Interitus came, he ran up to me, and he gave me a hug… How is he? Is he okay?”

                You smiled, watching your friend continue to ramble. “Jungkook is really quiet, Hoseok. But I only got to see him for a few minutes. The others think I’m responsible for moving your body.”

                Hoseok’s face paled. “Wh- What?”

                “Your body, Hoseok. It’s gone. They think I did it.”

                “No, you don’t understand. Bodies disappeared from The Hold only once before. The previous Heiress, the one who came here before you, her minions stole the bodies. She… She did horrible things with them, she created monsters. That’s why the members are so terrified. Something’s happening here, and it- it’s my fault, isn’t it? I took you here, I exposed you to this, this is all my fault… I’m so sorry!”

                You shook your head. “Stop, Hoseok. Just… Stop, please. It’s not your fault, it’s just… Ugh, it’s so confusing!” A thousand thoughts were flying through your head once again. It seemed like no matter how much you tried, your mind wouldn’t rest at any given point in time.

                Hoseok put his hand on your shoulder, although you felt nothing. He smiled. “I know, it’s weird. And it takes a while to get used to it. I was born in The Hold, so were all the others, except for Kookie. We got used to it, you’ll just need a while to adjust, okay? It’ll be alright, I promise.”

                You nodded sadly. “Hoseok?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Do you blame me for your death…?”

                He stared at you for a moment, dumbfounded. “No! No, I could never… Why would you ever think that? No, you’re not guilty. You… You saved Jimin, didn’t you? All three of us would have died. You saved two of the three.”

                “But how? Hoseok, it doesn’t make sense…”

                He smiled. “I know. We don’t know it all either. Bloodlines can change, maybe yours is different. Whatever saved you and Jimin, the old Heiress didn’t have it.”

                “You’ve mentioned her twice now, Hoseok. Who is- was she?”

                “You’ll find out, okay? Ask Namjoon. Just… know that you’re not the reason I died. I’ll be here for you, though. Okay?”

                You nodded. “I miss you, Hoseok.”

                “I’ll be with you as much as I can, okay?”

                A small smile appeared on both of your faces as you nodded. “Sure.”

                “You should see how the others are doing, okay?”

                You nodded again. “Bye, Hoseok.”

                He waved, flashing you an enormous smile before you were jolted back into reality.

 

 

                The first thing you felt when you sat up was a sharp pain in your head. You opened your eyes and looked around to see all six of the boys standing around your bed in the cell, Jungkook rubbing his head.

                You realized you had hit his head with your own and quickly apologized. “I’m so sorry, Kookie! I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry!”

                He nodded and retreated, standing behind all the others, who had begun murmuring to one another.

                “What’s going on…?” You asked, looking at them quizzically.

                Jin looked at you. “You were… I don’t know how to explain it…”

                “You were talking! And it sounded like Hoseok! He was here!” Taehyung shouted, jumping up and down excitedly.

                Jin nodded. “Hoseok… I felt his presence here. But now it’s gone, it’s just you again. But you were talking, and it was like you were actually talking to him.”

                You nodded. “I- I was. I think. He told me I could…”

                Namjoon shook his head. “Seokjin, there’s no way we can deny it. She’s The Heiress. She has to be.”

                Everyone’s expressions grew serious, even Taehyung, who had been bouncing around only moments prior.

                “Who exactly is The Heiress? Hoseok said I had a powerful Bloodline that let me talk to the dead. But you make it sound like something happened.”

                Yoongi looked at you sadly. “She did something horrible. The one who came before you, so… your mom.”

                “My mom?” Your head spun. Of course it would have to be your mother or your father who gave you your Bloodline, why didn’t you think of that earlier? But… “What did my mom do?”

                Yoongi smiled sadly. “Where do you think the rest of our Warriors went?”