A Soul is Worth a Thousand Words

The Heiress

                You stared at Jimin, shocked. “What? How?!”

                Jimin shrugged, at a loss for words.

                Jin looked at you. “I can’t tell if there was anyone there, it didn’t appear that any other soul was there.”

                V looked up at Jin. “Is it- Are they the Shadows…?”

                Namjoon cut Jin off before he could say anything. “Of course it’s not! The walls, they’re practically impenetrable!”

                “Practically,” You said. “Isn’t completely. What’s the loophole here, Namjoon?”

                He looked down. “If one of our Warriors were to purposefully invite a Shadow in here… They’d be able to enter.”

                You looked at him. “How many Warriors are there here? There can’t be many who would let Shadows, or whatever they are, in?”

                “Shadows are what we call the evil creatures the Warriors are trained to fight. Demons like Interitus are just a few, but don’t worry. Interitus was powerful, more than most,” Yoongi quickly explained. “And no, there’s nobody else here. We’re… the last ones.”

                You looked extremely confused, but a warning glance from Yoongi told you not to ask. “But… It doesn’t make sense…”

                Namjoon looked at you, his gaze hardening. “There’s one plausible explanation,” He said, attempting to hide the anger on his face.

                You looked at him, eyes wide. “What! No! I promise, Hoseok- He was my friend, I’d never do that.”

                Jimin looked at you skeptically. “It does make a bit more sense. I mean, you’re the only new one here. Who else could it be, that would summon Shadows to take the body?”

                You shook your head, taking a defensive step back. “No… I wouldn’t- I swear, it wasn’t me!”

                You looked at the six boys, their gazes ice cold, except for Yoongi, who looked slightly amused.

                Jungkook looked at you from behind all the others, his blue eyes filling with silent tears.

                Jin looked at you. “We don’t know you. We know one another. There’s an old holding cell that we used to use when there were more of us, if you wouldn’t mind spending a while there while we try to figure this out? Just as more of a… restricted guest?”

                You nodded slowly. “Fine. Whatever. There’s nothing left for me to go back to anyways, I don’t have anything to lose.”

                Namjoon turned to Jimin. “I told you, The Heiress isn’t someone to mess with! Not after last time. And look what happened now…” He said, taking on a hostile tone.

                Jimin looked down guiltily. “I’m sorry, Namjoon. I thought I could help. I… I guess I was wrong.”

                Jin put a hand on your shoulder. “I’ll show you to where you’ll be staying for now, okay?”

                You nodded, barely registering what was going on. You were busy trying to think of a plausible explanation, but not coming up with any.

                He led you through one of the many doors, then down an Obsidian and Quartz hallway, until it opened up into a spacious room, cells lining the walls. Jin took a ring of keys out of his pocket and led you to one of the doors, locking it after you stepped inside.

                It wasn’t a bad place to stay; there was a bed with a mattress and sheets, along with a wooden desk and a bit of paper and office supplies. Jin looked at you, a mixture of pity and sadness on his face. “I’m really sorry, but you have to understand. Hoseok…. He was what kept this group together, he was like the glue. Without him, we’re all sort of lost. And Jungkookie, he was finally at least attempting to communicate to Hoseok. It’s just going to take a while for them all to calm down, okay?”

                You nodded. “But I didn’t. I didn’t move the body, you need to believe me.”

                He smiled sadly. “I can’t. You have to remember, I can sense souls. And yours, it’s far from innocent.”

                With those words, he walked off, his footsteps echoing in the empty room.

 

 

                “Interitus is gone?”

                “Yes, Your Majesty.”

                “Killed by The Last Warriors, right? This one, in particular, if I’m not mistaken.”

                “Y- Yes, Your Majesty.”

                The scariest was not the Queen’s rage, but the lack of showing it as she sat calmly upon her throne.

                “Then why, tell me, has his body appeared in my Throne Room all of a sudden?”