Mir Ist Nichts Eingefallen

The Heiress

                Yoongi grabbed your wrist and dragged you down the hallway, turning into the hall next to yours and one of the rooms there.

                “Yoongi, can you let go? Y- You’re hurting me…” You rubbed your wrist as he released you from his grip, sitting down on the edge of the bed in the room.

                He the lights and joined you, sitting down beside you. You gaped at the decorations, at the piano crammed in the corner of the room and the sheet music taped to the walls, riddled with notes scribbled on top. “Is this… Is this your room, Yoongi?”

                You remembered him saying he enjoyed music, but you had never imagined it would be to such an extent. He simply nodded, looking at you. “Hey.”

                “Yeah?” You met his gaze steadily.

                “Do you like Jimin?” He asked, looking at you.

                “Well-” You hesitated, looking at him.

                He shook his head, laughing dryly. “I thought so. You don’t even know, do you?”

                You nodded slowly. “I- I don’t know…”

                He looked down, his eyes darting across the floor. He always did this while he was thinking.

                He continued to stare down silently, crossing his arms and digging his nails into his arms. “Crap…” He muttered.

                “What is it, Yoongi?”

                “The last time Jimin liked somebody…” He coughed softly. “It didn’t end well.”

                “Huh?”

                “We used to go into the town a lot more… When demons became more active, we wanted to see how it was affecting people. They were a lot ruder, but nothing else.

                “Jimin… He went off alone a lot, and we didn’t know. He was meeting a girl. They were really close, too close.
                “He decided that he wanted to spend the night with her once, and she agreed. We all told him he shouldn’t, but he wouldn’t listen. He was head over heels in love with her. And so he snuck out, and while they were together, she tried to kill him.”

                Your eyes widened. Why did every story people told you here have to be so dramatic? “What happened next…?”

                Yoongi laughed. “This isn’t a fairy tale, even if it seems like it. Nothing happened next. He almost died, we found out she was a demon sent to try and kill Jimin, and got rid of her. He became depressed, even though he hid it well. Only Seokjin and I could sense it. H- He was so hurt, and if that happens again, it’ll break him. So don’t hurt him. If you do, we’ll never forgive you.”

                You nodded slowly. “Yoongi, I don’t want to hurt him. But what if I still do?”

                He shrugged. “This is your mess. Decide now. Do you like him or not? Because if you don’t then don’t lead him on about it. When Jimin loves somebody, he pours his heart and soul into it. He acts naïve, but he’s always there for you. And that’s good. He won’t let go very easily, okay? But you need to decide. Truthfully.”

                You nodded again.

                Jimin was nice, and he cared a lot. You thought back to everything the two of you had done together.

                Him hugging you.

                His hands around yours, teaching you how to use a staff.

                Him giving you apples for every snack, promising that they would make you healthy.

                Him wrapping his arms around you until you fell asleep every night, smiling and whispering to you softly.

                His lips on yours, kissing away all your fears and worries.

                You looked up, nodding slowly. “I… I do like him. A lot.”

                Yoongi nodded. “Good, you’re telling the truth. Then go back to him, okay? And don’t… Don’t let him get hurt.”

                You nodded, standing up. “Thank you, Yoongi.”

                He smiled awkwardly. “No problem. Just looking out for everybody, right?”

                You laughed softly and walked out, heading back to your room. You walked in to find Jimin pacing. He looked up when you came back, running over to you and throwing his arms around you. You smiled and hugged him back, leaning against him softly.

                He kissed your head, murmuring softly. “I missed you…”

                You laughed. “Jimin, it was barely a few minutes.”

                “But it felt like an eternity…” He pulled you closer, kissing your cheek, and trailing down to your jawline. “I miss you even when you’re gone for a few moments. We’ve been together so much lately, it feels weird to be apart.”

                You nodded. “It really does.”

                He picked you up again and carried you back to your bed, laying down next to you and curling up around you.

                You looked over at him, pressing a small kiss onto his cheek. Your heart skipped a beat as you did, his skim warm to the touch. “Jimin?”

                “Yeah?” He blushed, pulling you closer.

                “I think… I think I really do like you.”

                He laughed, nestling his head into the crook of your neck, kissing it quickly. “It took you long enough, I’ve been waiting for you to say that.”

                You blushed, resting against him. “With you, it’s like I never have to worry anymore. My side doesn’t even hurt anymore!”

                He laughed. “Well, I worry. You need sleep, okay?”

                You nodded, kissing him goodnight. “Sleep well, Jimin…”