An Offensive Strategy

The Heiress

You watched Jungkook as he slept, leaning against the wall and gripping his knife tightly.

                He was so young, too young. Everybody had grown up so fast, and made you look like the immature one.

                He shouldn’t have had to grow up so fast.

                You wanted to hug him, but your hands remained tied.

                Jungkook shifted in his sleep, clenching his fists.

                “H- Hoseok…” He whispered. You looked up at the boy to see his eyes open, tears streaming down his face.

                He looked at you, glaring softly. “Jungkook, are you okay?” You spoke hesitantly.

                He shook his head, hands shaking as he adjusted his grip on the knife again. “D- Don’t talk to me…”

                You nodded slowly.

                Jungkook wiped away his tears and stood back up, staring straight ahead and avoiding any eye contact you attempted to make.

                The silence continued, dragging out for hours.

 

 

                The door opened, and Jungkook looked up. The puffiness of his eyes had disappeared a few hours ago, although his sniffles had continued quietly.

                A demon approached Jungkook and spoke to him quickly, in an unfamiliar tongue. Namjoon had mentioned the different demonic tongues to you, but never elaborated. Instead, you watched as Jungkook nodded and left the room, following the creature.

                You sat back in silence, staring at the wall.

                You followed the shallow cracks in it, inspecting the wall to pass the time.

                When the door opened again, you instinctively called out, assuming it was somebody else looking for Jungkook. “Jungkook already left.”

                “Y- You’re here…” Jimin’s voice rang out.

                Your heart stopped. He was here?

                No.

He can’t be.

“Jimin, you need to go.”

He ran over to you, not listening as he kissed your head. “I- I was so worried, what happened?”

You shook your head. “No, Jimin, you need to leave!”

“I don’t care,” He whispered, kissing you softly. “We’ve been trying to get in here for days, and I missed you so much, and I just want to be with you for five minutes. Just five.”

You sighed, shaking your head. “Jimin, stop. I- I’m bait, Jimin. They’re going to hurt you.”

Jimin blinked, nodding slowly. “I- I’m sorry, I just… I wanted to see you so badly.” He unsheathed his sword and cut the ropes tying your hand behind your back, rubbing your wrists to ease the burning.

You stood up and looked around, worried. “This is wrong, I don’t understand…”

Jimin smiled. “Don’t worry, nobody’s coming. The others are distracting the Queen and they sent me to get you.” He frowned slightly. “I hope that you never act as ruthlessly as she does.”

You shook your head. “That can’t happen. I- I’m not The Heiress. Jungkook is.”

He stared blankly as you explained everything. He scowled as you finished. “J- Jungkook… is helping that monster?”

You nodded sadly. “H- He doesn’t look like he wants to, really. It looks like he needs something. She’s probably promised him something in return, don’t you think?”

Jimin nodded. “I guess…”

He pulled you into a hug, kissing your neck softly. “But you’re okay, and that’s what matters…”

You nodded, giving in and hugging him back for a moment. “I’m okay, Jimin.”

Pulling back, he gripped the hilt of his sword again. “I- I’ll kill her… For hurting Kookie, and for hurting you. And for wanting to hurt everybody else. She deserves to die.”

                Your eyes widened, but you nodded slowly. “O- Okay…”

                He took your hand, walking out slowly.

                “You’ve been here longer than me, do you know where she is?”

                You shrugged. “I’ve been in that room for the past two days.”

                Jimin walked through the corridors around the room you had been confined to, squeezing your hand as he pulled you along. “Come on, I want to end this.”

                “Then end it,” A voice called out. Jimin perked up, running towards the voice.

                The corridor widened, revealing a throne room.

                The Queen stood, with Jungkook beside her. An obsidian throne loomed behind the mother-son duo, vacant yet powerful.

                Jungkook averted his eyes, not willing to meet Jimin’s or your gaze.

                The Queen laughed. “Well, it seems the many have become the few.” She brandished a mace, vicious even in her regal gown.

                Jungkook held his knife tightly, looking at the ground intently.

                “What do you want from us?” Jimin called.

                “Well, if it wasn’t too obvious…”

                “She’s going to kill you…” Jungkook said.

                “Sh- She’s going to kill all of you…”

 


 

AN: Wow, the story's almost over! I hope you guys like it so far, it seems pretty crappy to me simply because I started out without a plan, and my writing's improved pretty drastically since I started writing it, so some parts to me are better than others.

How about that OTP tho? I didn't know I shipped Kookie and Hobi until I did, and now I want to write a special interlude or something for this story with just some cute interactions between the two of them. Or maybe it'll be sort of an unrelated spinoff? Idk. BTW, does anybody know what their ship name is? I don't lol.

But yay, I have a rough outline for the next few chapters.

I'm sorry in advance.

Again.

I'm very, very, sorry. Ahahaha :'')