Holding On Pt. 2

The Heiress

                Jungkook had never had anybody in the world except for Hoseok.

                His real mother had left him, and once he had finally been adopted, they were almost immediately torn from his life, killed right in front of his eyes.

                He had depended on Hoseok for everything. Whether it was learning how to fight, eating healthier, or just needing a hug, Hoseok was always there for him.

                You understood that now, watching as he slowly bled to death. You kneeled next to him, tears staining your cheeks. “N- No, Kookie. Stay with us, okay? Just keep your eyes open.”

                Jungkook’s hands were pressed against his side, the arrow protruding harshly. His face contorted in pain as he moved, crawling slowly until he was next to Hoseok. He removed his hands from his side and wrapped them around Hoseok’s limp body, smiling at his closed eyes.

                He looked up at you apologetically, coughing as he rasped, “I- I’m sorry… I need to see him.”

                “No!” You sobbed, falling to your knees next to Jungkook. You pressed your own hands against his side, trying to staunch the blood flow unsuccessfully.

                The other had gathered around you, breathing heavily and looking down at Jungkook and Hoseok.

                Jungkook buried his face into the crook of Hoseok’s neck, tears falling silently. “D- Don’t look at me… I’m sorry… This is all my fault, all mine.”

                “Sh- Shut up…” I said. “It’s not, Kookie. It’s not your fault.”

                “Yeah,” Jimin joked halfheartedly, trying to summon a laugh out of Jungkook. “Don’t be so egotistical, Kookie.”

                To Jimin’s delight, he let out a dry laugh as tears streamed down his face. “I- I’m sorry…”

                “No, Kookie, stop apologizing!” You said. “Y- You’re going to make it out of here with us, you’re going to get better and live a good life! Please, don’t die…”

                “Why not?” He whispered. The light was slowly fading from his eyes, not as bright as they had been before, nor as dark as they had been while he was with The Queen. “D- Don’t you all hate me? You should hate me. Please, make it easier for me. Tell me how I’m a traitor. H- How I’m nothing but a mistake…”

                Yoongi’s face contorted into something halfway between a frown, a scowl, and the expression of somebody about to cry. “Jungkook,” He said softly. “We don’t blame you, Jungkook. As much as you think we do. W- We all make mistakes, okay?”

                Taehyung frowned and stepped forward to wrap Jungkook in a bear hug, momentarily making you let go of his side. “See?” He said, his lip trembling. “We love you, Kookie! Please stay here, okay?” He pulled back, smiling as a tear fell down.

                You couldn’t look at the others, your eyes trained on Jungkook and Hoseok. “Can’t one of you help him?” You begged, finally tearing your gaze away to look at the others.

                Namjoon shook his head. “Demonic weapons… Once they’ve hit somebody, they kill the person. Not usually quickly, usually slowly and painfully. The- The more time they have left to talk with others, the more chaos it causes. It’s a… a horrible method to kill, but it works. Just look as us now, we’re all a wreck!” He said.

                He was right. Tears were forming in all of their eyes, even Yoongi, whom you had never seen with so much as a sad expression before.

                Jungkook coughed softly and turned to face all of you slowly, his arms still wrapped around Hoseok’s body. He smiled weakly. “C- Can you promise me something?”

                “Anything.” Jimin responded quickly. “Whatever it is, we’ll do it, Kookie.”

                Jungkook nodded thoughtfully. “Bury Hoseok and me together, please. I- I want to be with him…”

                The others nodded, their efforts to hide their tears failing quickly.

                Jungkook smiled up at all of them and tightened his grip around Hoseok before he went completely slack, his ragged breathing ceasing completely.

                Seokjin whimpered softly, turning and hugging Namjoon as he sobbed. You watched as Namjoon wrapped his arms around the eldest protectively, holding him steady as he cried. “It hurts, Namjoon… It hurts too much… H- He’s gone…”

                You looked down at the ground, shaking as you began crying as well.

                He was gone.

                Jungkook was gone.

 


 

AN: Woo, only the epilogue left and the story is done! Did you guys enjoy reading it? I enjoyed writing it! I think I might need to make Namjin happen in this just because I ship it so much and yeah maybe I'll make a special Namjin chapter and then the epilogue. How would you guys like that? I'm going to probably write it anyways ^^

Thank all of you guys so much for reading this story and dealing with whatever the heck I've written because honestly this is really a weird story. I'm sorry this chapter was so short but I kind of felt like crying so I didn't continue it too much. POOR KOOKIE ;-;

But you know at least he's with Hobi now ^^

Honestly, I didn't even know where this story was going when I first started writing it. I'm just glad that the plot came together to make a semi-functional story. However, I'm too lazy to actually go back and edit this story so you pretty much get what you get woo

Again, I just want to thank you all for reading this story, it means a lot to me! I hope you guys enjoyed it!