part 6 ✥

❝Catch me I'm falling◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 21- Day 36

As soon as I entered the pavilion I knew it would be a good day.

It had been sunny all afternoon, at least in Seoul. What began as a pleasant day had faded into a beautiful violet sunset. I barely managed to see him. through the curtains of Jungkook, he was lying on the bed, he had his hands resting on his head as he watched the last minutes of what appeared to be an episode of Skins on the television fastened to the wall.

He smiled sideways when he saw me changing positions.

"Skins?" I asked as I looked back at my blue chair that had been lost, grabbed it, and set it up so I could watch the television.

Krystal, Jimin and I had seen the first and second season, I remember we all got sick, we had just moved together, so all my memories of this series were clouded by delirium and illness.

“Episode 4 of the second season. Today I spent all the first season watching, I'm having fun, but I do not think the nurses are enjoying the great amount of insults coming out of my room coming from the series.”

"That's true," I replied, sliding my purse off my shoulder as I looked at Tony and Sid on the screen. "How are you today?"

"Floating," he said, feeling an immense amount of pleasure in the quality of his response.

"Really?" I said with a smile, noticing the change in his attitude that was contagious. I remembered the first time I met him, when he didn’t even look me in the eye. It was amazing to see him now, with little flashes of the child that showed in his eyes every time he looked at me. I still couldn’t believe that he had opened so much, it was really incredible, I could feel happiness. Of course, he was still sick, but he managed to demonstrate another aura around him.

He winked at me. "I think it may be the heroine I consumed."

A laugh burst out of me before I could stop it, with the lack of logic in his answer it was impossible to keep a serious face. “Baby, if you used heroin, I don’t think you were so handsome.”

He was surprised as he moved his lashes a little and looked at me. "Are you saying I'm handsome?"

"To be a pale boy with rabbit teeth you're not so bad," I replied, wondering what had made him so good-humored.

"Someone looks cheerful," said the nurse two weeks ago as she leaned out the door with a friendly expression on her face.

"As happy as a slow and painful death can be." Jungkook said as he smiled sideways at me.

She gave him an uncertain smile looking at me trying and analyze whether or he was not joking. “We have increased his painkillers, so he will be a bit out of place until his body gets used to them. You won’t be able to stand for long, no more than usual.”

Well, that certainly explained his previous behavior. I still liked it even if I was in this mode, sarcastic and a bit vulgar, with his charming tone of voice he seemed a fool.

"Okay, thank you." I said as I gave my best smile to the nurse.

She smiled back at me, evidently satisfied with my apparent response. "Call me if you need me."

"I'll do it," I replied as I looked back at Jungkook, who was still smiling at me from the bed, his fingers tracing the edge of his shirt in a form that was distracting enough.

"Well, thank God, we got rid of her, huh?" I said.

He nodded. "Ew, girls.”

I took his file from my bag and used it to hit him on the leg. “Not all girls are bad. Krystal makes delicious muffins, remember?”

"She's okay." He smiled, his bunny teeth popping into his mouth. I was out of breath, the light and carefree expression made it difficult for me to breathe. Lying on the bed a bit out of place by the painkillers and the bad TV, he looked happy.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked, adjusting himself a little, his shirt rising to reveal a little of his pale skin. I was struck by his torso, all muscular. He put his arms behind his head. It really had not moved much from what I remember, there was a change in it.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Something fun," he replied as he adjusted his arms a little.

"Well, what would you like to do?" "I took my reading glasses, put them on while I opened his file. There was a little information in a paragraph on the second page, I began to read it but my eyes stopped where it said his date of birth. "Jungkook, I can’t believe it," I said in disapproval as I looked through the lens.

His eyebrows disappeared into his hair. "What have I done now?"

"Well, you didn’t even tell me it was your birthday."

He shrugged a little. "It was my last birthday, I didn’t want to do a big event for that.”

His words felt like a blow, but I tried not to show pain in my face. He didn’t need any of that now.

"Well, that's a good reason to do something special, isn’t it?"

"I suppose." His smile had faded to a small smile, his lips curled in sadness, I thought there was nothing I could do to see his smiles again.

I closed his file and put it back in my bag along with the book he had asked me to bring him, BLMS, a lot of prescriptions, and cough drops he'd had all week. It wasn’t cancer, no. Wasn’t. It was definitely not cancer. "At least tell me you had a cake." I said trying to ignore my sweaty hands because of my negative thoughts.7

He looked at the television, biting his lip in guilty tone while avoiding my gaze.

"Jungkook, it was your birthday and you didn’t have a cake?" I exclaimed as I rose from the chair. "It's completely unacceptable, where's your phone? Let's call the kitchen demanding a cake.”

It made a long sound that ended up looking like a small laugh. "No, Taehyung, no. The cake here tastes like cardboard and sadness.”

"You said carton and sadness?" I looked at him and immediately looked out trying to plan something." Mmm, well. So what do you think about having an adventure?”

His smile grew, it wasn’t a smile like the previous one, you could hardly see his teeth, but it was a mischievous smile, his eyes had a special shine. "What kind of adventure?"

"An adventure that ends with a cake," I replied.

He stood up, shaking his hair to one side. "Well you know how I feel toward the cake.”

Smiling, I put my purse back on and I closed it, I moved my fingers towards him and I said . “ Come on, Kookie.”

He took my hand, entwining his fingers with mine, letting me hold him. He stood for a moment, but he stepped forward and fell into my arms, he looked at me with his eyes wide open and a wide smile, I had the feeling that he had fallen on purpose. "Oops," he said.5

"I have you," I replied as I helped him halfway to his feet.

"What about the exits to Krystal's bakery that make you unable to stand?"

He didn’t separate from me, I don’t know if it was because he couldn’t have stability in standing or because he didn’t want to. He was a little taller than I was, and I had to look up every time I looked him in the eye when I was fully up. I think it was his hair, but it was two or three centimeters shorter than mine. "I think the muffins make my legs have some weakness.”

"I've heard that it only happens with Krystal's loaves." I replied trying not to get caught up in the fact that my arms were still around his waist and he was still leaning against mine. I knew i was starting to look like a foolish teenager, but I couldn’t avoid the little butterflies I felt in my stomach when we were around. I could feel his breath on my lips, his gaze on mine with a somewhat playful glow, and that made everything around us a bit fuzzy.

"I think I can walk from here to the closet." He said after a long moment, his voice somewhat still and a little amused. I nodded, pulling my hands from his waist to change. He reached the closet and began to see how his coat was placed with some stability.

"Are you going to walk to the bakery?" I asked as I watched him stagger in the room, about to fall as he watched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter