part 3 ✥

❝Catch me I'm falling◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 7- Day 22

The room was dark again. Jungkook was sitting with his laptop on his knees and the sheets wrapped around him. He gave me a magical and friendly greeting when I entered, a "hello" full of life.

"Do you have any plans for today?" I asked as I sat down, put my bag on my legs and looked at him. 

He shrugged. "Nothing in particular.”

"We can go outside again," I suggested, wondering if he had been looking forward to my visit as much as I was. The week had been slow, I was counting the days until I could see him again. This was not supposed to happen, but slowly Jungkook occupied a large part of my consciousness. I wanted to meet him inside and out. And i also wanted to repair him,it was what I wanted  the most in this world. He shrugged again, leaving his laptop to one side and covering himself between the sheets, standing sideways. His brown eyes fixed on me. He placed his hands between the sheet, covering his head with it like a cloak.

"I don’t want to go anywhere today." He looked so vulnerable crouched there. His nose barely visible between the sheets, I wouldn’t dare to pressure him to do something he didn’t want. This day wasn’t good for me, one of my patients, a young girl with rhabdomyosarcoma, a type of muscular cancer, was getting worse and I was not sure if she would survive this month. Besides, I wasn’t feeling so good, my throat was swollen as if I was going to get some kind of cold, my muscles and joints hurt. Hiding under the sheets didn’t seem like a bad idea.

"Have you ever made a house with sheets?" I asked slowly as I slipped my hands into the pockets of my sweatshirt, looking for some kind of warmth.

He nodded, there was a kind of nostalgia in his eyes. "Suga and I used to do it in the living room when we were kids.”

"You want to make one now?"

He studied my proposal for a moment before nodding, pulling the sheets off, standing in front of me looking at me with some kind of smile.

I got up, removing my bag from my shoulder, leaving it in the chair, then grabbed a sheet. "I think if we hold it with the foot of the bed we can make a type of tent.”

Jungkook nodded seriously. "As long as you do that, I'll get the pillows."

I stretched the blue sheet over the bed. The whole room seemed to have a different smell to the rest of the hospital, I couldn’t know what it was, it was an intangible aura that came from Jungkook.

I secured the sheet with the leg of the chair in one of the corners and with the table another corner of the sheet, finally at the foot of the bed. We had a small house in the shape of a triangle.

Jungkook placed some pillows inside her, covering the floor completely. We finally got into the little house.

It was a pretty house or shop. The Light coming from the corridor and the light of Jungkook's small lamp filtered in the blue of the sheet making small shadows appear in the place. We settled in, leaned on the bed, stretching my legs.

Jungkook spoke in a low voice trying not to break the silence that had appeared between us. “Taehyung, are you okay?”

"I'm here to talk about your problems, not mine," I said avoiding his question, while trying not to let out a sigh that had accumulated in my chest. I was trying to give my best smile to Jungkook. He had been holding me all day, but there was something in this room, the way his eyes looked at me, it made it impossible for me to continue to fake what I felt.

“You know? It's okay not to be well.” He said as he looked up, his eyes on the blue sheet." And you're not well.”

I let out a sigh. "I know.”

"You know you can tell me ," he said with a small smile that made his way through his lips. Jungkook tried a lot, but he couldn’t smile at all, he wished he could laugh again, that the dimples of his cheeks appeared as in the photos when he was tanned and happy, instead of being sick.

"I know." I said. Suddenly I felt like crying for reasons I could hardly explain. Because it was not fair? It was not fair that his body betrayed him, it was not fair that he had to die in six months.

"Taehyung?" He was looking at me now, with concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine," I said, though I don’t think it sounds very convincing. I felt his fingers wrap around mine, I was clutching my hand as if it were a lifeline, I had the feeling that this was Jungkook, a lifesaver.

After a long moment, I cleared my throat, regaining control of myself. I felt a little stupid, I was supposed to keep my personal problems out of these meetings. And now being here, I was having an emotional crisis with a guy I'd met less than a month ago. "Sorry, I don’t know what that was.”

He turned his face towards me so our eyes met, as if he was saying, "Okay, I have you."

"Do you know what date is in a week?" He asked me strategically, changing the subject, but not letting go of my hand. I thought I should let go, but I really didn’t want to.

"Waths up?"

"Valentine's Day."

"And who will be your Valentine, Mr. Jeon?" I asked, trying to keep my voice clear.

"Ice cream is my Valentine," he replied with a slight twinkle in his eyes.

"Oh, really?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter