part 2 ✥

❝Catch me I'm falling◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

January 19- Day 13 

I placed his file on the kitchen table. I was sitting with a cup of coffee near my hand, still in my pajamas, enjoying a Sunday. I had been tired lately and it was nice to have a day to rest and lie down with nothing to think about. On the other side of the small kitchen Jimin pulled out the box of cereal that was in the cupboard.

"New patient?" He asked as he filled his bowl.

"Yes," I said as I opened the file folder, the orderly and organized cover, a photo of Jungkook at the top, next to his name, age, lines and lines of personal information. "I met him last Wednesday.”

Jimin nodded as he placed the milk in his bowl of cereal.

"Was it the lovely boy who woke me up at dawn?"

I smiled as I remembered his warm voice that was still in my mind.

"Yes, the same." Jimin took his bowl of cereal and approached me looking at the picture of Jungkook that was in the file.

" He has beautiful hair."

I closed the file immediately and looked at Jimin. "It's confidential."

Jimin stuck his tongue out at me. "I just wanted to see what the boy looked like."

"You have nothing to do?" I asked in a tone of annoyance, Jimin called it "Taehyung's gay queen mode." I should be offended, but I thought it was funny.

"Yes, if I have to. Krystal wanted to see a movie. "He smiled as he placed his empty bowl on the table.

"Carefully," I replied, laughing at his expression of emotion, he looked like a child when he talked to Krystal, he was adorable.

"You know I'm always careful, Tae." He winked at me as he headed for the door. "See you in a bit."

"Goodbye!" I said as I took a sip of my coffee, sliding my fingers to the second page of the file. Jungkook's general information was written, all printed in black letters.

I looked at the sheet, reading in parts, I stopped when my eyes read "attempted suicide." 

The printed words seemed to fade. Overdose. He was intentionally injured. He admitted it on December 12 ... That was two months ago. I ran my hand over my forehead as I processed what I had read.

Oh Jungkook. What did you do?

January 31- Day 15

I would be lying if I say that I have not spent these last days thinking about him. He knew he must not be thinking too much, but he couldn’t help it. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t feelings, I always worried about the pain others felt. That was one of the reasons I was good at my job, I wasn’t able to take what happened to others lightly.

I could feel a surge of relief as I entered his hospital room. Jungkook was there like always. Between his sheets, covered to the waist, his laptop on his legs and his eyes glued to the screen.

"I'm beginning to believe that you're stuck with that thing." I from the doorway while giving him a friendly smile.

"this is all thing I have now." He answered without looking up from the screen.

I stared at him, wondering if he could have been the same boy he had called today at dawn, whose breath had fallen to sleep. It seemed that the cold hospital walls had made Jungkook cold. Still looking, I asked.

"So you're okay?"

"I have a little headache," he replied, typing something on his laptop.

I walked into the room as I looked around. His laptop charger was connected to an extension cord next to the bed that lay on the floor. In his closet I could see jackets and trousers hanging in a row and a few pairs of shoes on the floor. His bedside table was a mess. Cups, pencils and some framed photographs of smiling boys.

"Who are they?" I asked when I saw the photos.

"Mmm?" He answered with a murmur.

"In the photos." I pointed to him as he looked at the faces full of joy. In the photo Jungkook had a hand on his head, with his other arm around a boy looking. This same boy ruffled Jungkook's hair while a dark-haired girl with too much makeup laughed at them.

"Friends," he answered without much interest. "My mother thought they would make me feel better.”

"And they did?" I asked as I took the chair from the side of the bed to sit down.

“Didn’t.”

I was surprised to hear the frankness of his reply.

“Why?”

He finally looked at me. With those bright brown eyes that lit the room, marked with dark eyelashes that shaded under his eyes. He looked tired, as if he had not slept in weeks, he was going through a lot.

"Because I'm dying." He said. As if that answer were obvious to me.

"You need to get out of this room." i could feel the way Jungkook had established roots here in this room. Not only was he going to die, he was waiting for the day that happened.

"Maybe tomorrow," he replied, although he had a strong suspicion that he told me so he would not keep insisting.

"You still have many mornings left to enjoy, see them, don’t stay locked in empty yesterdays." I said. "And besides, we can use it to go out and get to know each other, or just go for a walk if you like.”

He looked at me, realizing that I wasn’t going to leave him alone until we left.

"I hate you a little." He said, slipping out of his bed, gray sports pants wrapped around his calves.

"Just a little?" I asked, as I buttoned my jacket.

He looked at me and gave me a small smile with his lips.

"Just a little." He nodded and pointed to the door. "Close the door, I'm going to change."

"You're okay, princess." I while I looked at his shirt a little dirty. "Let's just go for a walk.”

He looked at me seriously as he pulled clean clothes from a suitcase under his bed. 

"I don’t know how many days I've been wearing these pants.”

I smiled at his response.

"I'm sure I don’t want to know."

He motioned for me to turn around with his fingers. "Turn around." I'm going to take off my clothes.”

For a moment I had the wildest temptation to look at him, but my brain was present and I remembered that I shouldn’t be harassing the patients. Even if the patient has a beautiful smile. I turned around as I played with the zipper of my bag.

"How cute do I look, on a scale of 1 to 10?" He asked me as he finished dressing as he placed his hands on her waist.

“I would say about a seven. Maybe an eight.” I replied with a mischievous smile. He wore a black Ramones T-shirt that was clinging to his shoulders, marching his muscles and a pair of tight jeans.  He looked like a model for some expensive perfume, even with his dark circles and messy hair. Then I realized that there was something infinitely beautiful about broken things.

“Liar. I'm definitely a 10. Maybe a 9.9” Then he grabbed a hat from his bedside table and put it on, crushing his hair. I liked the way he moved his hair slowly, it reminded me of the way he spoke, slow and slow.

"You have a great ego," I teased, smiling at him as he pulled on his coat and headed for the door.

"It's part of my charm." He hadn’t lost his former insolence, but there was a warmth in him that hadn’t been there before. It made me think that perhaps Jungkook wouldn’t be so difficult to meet after all.

Getting out of hospital was an easy task. As we passed the receptionist Jungkook winked, I could feel a certain blush on her cheeks.

"Where are we going?" He asked me as we walked, his eyes on the buildings as if he were seeing for the first time. Above us, the sky announced snow and bothered me briefly about my journey home.

“It depends. Do you like muffins? "I asked, walking among the people.

"Are you serious?" He said, looking at me.

I let out a soft laugh, sliding my hands into the pockets of my jacket.

"I’m sure you like it."

He just smiled. He had tucked his chin into the collar of his jacket, his hands tucked into his pocket, trying to avoid the cold, keeping himself to himself. His cheeks were pink.

"I had forgotten what winte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter