Eight

One Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next week was a series of injections and blood tests, blood thinners and IV drips. Seungri was exhausted by the time the operation came around. They day before was mad, everybody came to see Seungri in the hospital which was where he was being prepped for the next day. JiYong was with him the whole time, by his side, squeezing his hand, letting him know that everything was going to be okay.

 

Youngbae and Daesung were there first thing in the morning and then they had the phone call with Seunghyun. JiYong dialled and then they all left the room to give Seungri his privacy. Seunghyun picked up after a minute and there was a silence between them before Seunghyun breathed deeply. “Oh Seungri” Seunghyun started and Seungri pulled his legs up to his chest in the bed.

 

“Seunghyun” he breathed shakily and Seunghyun sniffed down the phone.

 

“I miss you, Ri.” Seunghyun started.

 

“Oh god I miss you too” Seungri whispered “How is the army?” he asked and Seunghyun just laughed before telling him the newest story of how stupid his squadron was. They giggled for a little but then they realised that they only had ten minutes before Seunghyun's hour limit was over.

 

“Seungri you are going to be okay, you have to believe that, okay?” Seungri nodded before he realised that Seunghyun couldn’t actually see him.

 

“I believe that Seunghyun” Seungri lied and there was deep pause before Seungri spoke again.

 

“But if I don’t, if I don’t see you again” Seungri teared up and he bit his lip, trying not to cry “Just know I love and miss you endlessly okay” Seunghyun let out a sniffle down the phone and then he heard Seunghyun crying down the line.

 

“D-don’t speak like that” Seunghyun choked. Seungri just laughed through his tears before speaking again.

 

“Goodbye, Seunghyun” Seungri stuttered through his tears and the oldest member of Bigbang tried not to sob obviously down the phone.

 

“Break a leg, or a few cancer cells in this case” Seunghyun said so seriously and Seungri let out a loud laugh.

 

“I love you bro” Seungri then giggled and Seunghyun became less and less audible as he tried to speak through thick tears.

 

“I love you so much, see you in a few weeks, I’ll try and get leave to see you whilst you’re recovering” Seungri nodded and mumbled a thank you before someone shouted at Seunghyun down the phone and he had they had to mumble quick goodbyes before the phone line cut. Seungri hastily wiped under his eyes and breathed in deeply. He texted his mum and she appeared in the doorway a few minutes later, she had been in the canteen waiting for him to be done with Seunghyun.

 

“How are you feeling, sweetheart?” She asked, smoothing his beanie back and running a hand over the soft stubble on Seungri’s head.

 

“Exhausted, I just want this to be over with” he sighed and his mum settled down on the bed next to him, grabbed his hand and fiddled with his ever-chubby fingers.

 

“You’ll be okay, baby” she whispered, silently pressing a kiss into the side of his head. “We can only be thankful that the cancer didn’t spread, I guess” Seungri smiled.

 

“We don’t know that yet, mum. You do realise that this operation could not be the end of this right, the doctor said I could go into remission at any point” his mum just squeezed his hand “That is if I even get through this operation” Seungri knew he was meant to be positive about everything and act like he believed that he would get through this operation but he also wanted to prepare everybody for the worst.

 

“Mum” he spoke up again after a minute. She hummed in reply. “If I don’t make it, I need you take care of JiYong, don’t say anything mum, let me speak” Seungri said when his mum started to object “Remember when JiYong lost his grandma, he was a wreck okay, he doesn’t deal well with loss, he really doesn’t” he bit his lip before carrying on “and I love him, I love him so much mum” Seungri started to tear up “Let him stay with you if everything goes to poo, take care of him okay?” Seungri’s mum wrapped him up in her arms and held the sobbing boy to her chest.

 

“Of course I would, JiYong is just like a son to me, I will always take care of him” she whispered and Seungri felt so comforted by the words. He cuddled with his mum for a few more minutes and then Hanna came and sat with them. JiYong came back with Youngbae and Daesung and they all spent the afternoon together in the warm hotel room, enjoying the time they had together.

 

The nurse told them they had an hour before all the visitors would have to leave and they collectively decided that JiYong should have a while alone with his lover. As soon as everyone had left, JiYong smiled and clambered into the hospital bed with Seungri before wrapping the other into his arms. Seungri squished his cheek onto JiYong’s chest and slid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter