Fifteen

One Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been pouring all morning, JiYong stomped in at eleven in the morning, dripping wet. He pulled his hood off and took his dripping coat off. Seungri had been picking at his nails all morning, trying to pass the boredom of being in hospital by hopelessly scrolling through instagram memes. Jiyong hung his sopping coat over a chair and pulled his feet out of his socked shoes before approaching the bed. “Hey” he said softly, Seungri smiled up at him and reached forward to squeeze his hand.

 

“Gosh you’re freezing!” Seungri gasped.

 

“Yeah it’s like -2 outside!” JiYong smiled. He ruffled through the huge man purse he had brought and picked out the book Seungri had been reading. “Right I brought you some stuff to keep you entertained before we go home, your macbook, your charging cable, some more books, a ing colouring book - don’t ask” he added when Seungri shot him a look of mirth.

 

JiYong placed all the items on Seungri’s lap before sitting down. Seungri moved up and made room for JiYong to lie next to him. And so they passed the afternoon. “How do you feel?” JiYong asked, laying a head on Seungri’s shoulder as the maknae looked through some emails.

 

“Well I’m so drugged up on morphine that I actually can’t feel anything” Seungri looked at his morphine drip that was sticking out of his hand with adoration and Jiyong frowned. Youngbae came in later that afternoon and found the couple in the bed together, Seungri had his arms wrapped around JiYong’s shoulders and JiYong was snoring on his shoulder, his mouth hanging open, a little drawl threatening to drip on to Seungri’s chest.

 

“Hey!” Youngbae greeted him softly, sitting down on the end of the bed and poking JiYong’s legs. The leader started and looked around groggily. Seungri craned his neck and smiled before wiping the drawl away with his thumb. JiYong yawned cutely and waved at Youngbae. “I brought pizza” Youngbae said, lifting a nice smelling bag into the air.

 

“Yes!” Seungri said, his pupils dilating at the sight “the food they feed me here is so bad!” Seungri reached forward and Youngbae opened the box with a wide smile, letting the pineapple mess be devoured by the hungry maknae.

 

A few weeks passed and Seungri was still in hospital, he was getting weaker and weaker as the days went by. His lips had taken on a blue tinge from the lack of oxygen and his fingers went numb constantly. It was one afternoon when everyone came to see him. All his bandmates, his whole family, his aunt, some friends. Seungri was indulging in conversation with his dad about something or rather and they laughed heartily.

 

There had been moments in the past few days where Seungri was so drugged up on morphine that he hadn’t been completely aware of what was going on around him. Youngbae and Jiyong had come to see him and he had been fine, but then Daesung had come a few hours later and he had barely been lucid, one second he knew what was going on and then he went into a state of delirium.

 

Seunghyun had managed to get a small amount of leave and he went straight to Seungri’s side. Seungri had changed so much from the last time he had seen him and Seunghyun hadn’t been able to hide his shock. They sat their all afternoon, Seungri joined in with the conversation, he was holding onto his mums hand most of the day and having small private conversations.

 

“Visiting time is over” the nurse said, coming in to check the blood pressure and so on. Seungri groaned and everyone got up with groans and grunts. Only close family was allowed to stay and Seungri hugged all his relatives and friends goodbye.

 

“See you soon!” his aunt yelled and Seungri waved before falling back against the pillows. Youngbae, Seunghyun and Daesung stood silently by the bed. “I’ll see you later” Seungri whispered and Youngbae fell into his arms, hugging the maknae that they all loved so much.

 

“I love you, I’ll see you tomorrow” Seungri smiled and nodded. Seunghyun and Daesung did the same and they all took their time packing up before leaving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter