Chapter 4

Make Me A Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her nails are already bitten off the chip with nervousness and she doesn’t even know why. Dara placed her palms flat on the table so she wouldn’t be tempted to chew her nails completely off and tried to rationalize this sudden vexing situation she had got herself into. Lee Donghae would be a professional, right? And he wouldn’t suddenly blurt out something like Oh! Oh you’re the girl from the Dating Site. She can just imagine the look on her boss’ face and anyone else who would be in the meeting.

 

She’s a very respectable figure in this company. Venerated on. Mr. Yang always consults her opinions before he makes a decision. In fact, Mr. Yang always do her suggestions and then in just a snap of a second, he would learn that his respectable, trusted  right-hand joined a dating site?

 

She had been up all night being bothered by this and she even contemplated to send Donghae a.k.a. Eunhyuk from the site to tell his boss not to mention anything. The only thing that stopped her was the thought that her worries are too shallow. The main concern for all parties is a contract and she would suddenly be Don’t mention the dating site.

 

Now she’s being paranoid. She can’t even focus on her lunch and decided to just shut herself inside her office while trying to focus.

 

And she ended up biting her nails while looking at the clock counting every minute until it’s two. Damn, she doesn’t even know why she’s getting all nervous of being found out.There’s nothing wrong with what she did. She didn’t offend anybody! She didn’t commit or try to pick up someone—Ah shoot. Isn’t that what she did? Trying to pick up someone through the internet?

 

She let out a silent whimper as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Her reputation will be shattered once someone found out. Sure, they knew about Bom but Bom had always dated around it actually surprised them more to hear her announcing that she’s getting married.

 

Maybe she should ask Bom what to do. But she could just imagine the taunts her friends and her friends’ friends are going to give her because Bom had the biggest mouth.

 

Afte thorough mind numbing musings, she decided the best solution.

 

Deny.

 

Deny. Deny. Deny.

 

Lie. Lie. Lie.

 

Me? You must be mistaken. My twin sister is having fun impersonating me everywhere but you don’t have to worry about meeting her because she’s already in a mental institution. She’s not right in the head, you see.

 

Perfect. She nodded to herself.

 

A knock on her door made her jump a little and her secretary peered in. “Ma’am, Mr. Lee Donghae is already at the main con?”

 

“Right,” Dara said. “What about sir Yang?”

 

“He’s already on his way. He already rode the elevator.”

 

“Oh shoot.” She quickly stood up taking all her files, pen and paper for notes. It’s only 1:35 but better early. She would still have time to compose herself before the meeting. “Thanks. Make sure coffee is around at the main con.”

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

She practically ran to the elevator and immediately rode the first available lift. Main Con is on the 5th floor. She ran her fingers through her hair that she let loose today and made sure her coat doesn’t have any crease or visible lints. She have to look absolutely intimidating. Well professionally intimidating, that is. She checked her expression in the elevator’s mirror to practice her no-nonsense face.

 

Walking with poise, she strode out of the elevator and walked over to the main con. She didn’t even pause as she opened the door looking confident.

 

Lee Donghae was sitting at the chair beside the seat where their CEO usually seats and he immediately stood up when she entered. They are the only ones in the main con.

 

“Good afternoon,” he greeted formally.

 

“Good afternoon,” she greeted back just as formally as she went to the chair across from him so that they would be on either side of Mr. Yang. “Mr. Yang will be here in a minute.”

 

“Thank you.” He waited for her to sit down first before returning to his seat.

 

Dara pretended to be busy with the papers inside her folder while she sat rigidly straight. Silence ensued inside the room until a secretary went inside with a tray of coffees. Donghae thanked her and Dara did the same. Silence followed again and Dara glanced at him drinking his cup and basically just… ignoring her.

 

She narrowed her eyes until she didn’t realized that she is blatantly staring at him. Donghae noticed her gawking at him like an idiot. “Yes?”

 

Well, what do you know? Lee Donghae is a professional. He didn’t even made a single reference that happened at his party to use as an advantage to his cause. She twined her fingers together in front of her. “I guess I would have to say… it was great meeting you again, Mr. Lee Donghae.” She made a mental slap to herself. Why the hell is she initiating that subject for conversation?!! Why is she so mental?

 

Donghae cocked his head slightly with a look of confusion as he stared at her face for about two minutes. “Have we met before?”

 

Dara’s small stretch of smile froze as she stared at the puzzled look on Donghae’s face. Yes, he’s really professional, alright. So professional that he is pretending like he didn’t know her. Of course, that’ll be awkward if he admitted that he met the company’s COO through a dating site. The COO of the company he’s trying to get the account.

 

Makes sense.

 

Before she could say anything, her boss entered and they both stood. Her CEO and Lee Donghae exchanged pleasantries while shaking hands and sir Yang asked them to sit down. That’s when Dara realized there won’t be anyone in this meeting other then the three of them.

 

“Dara is my Chief Operations Officer,” her CEO started. “She handles all projects that centers around our company’s money. Which is basically everything.” He chuckled and Lee Donghae only let out a little laugh as he nodded, obviously just indulging her CEO’s small talks. “She’s very bright and one of the reasons our company’s in good standing. She is very lucky with money.”

 

Dara felt like grimacing. Lucky with money. Yeah she’s good handling the company’s funds but when it comes to her own money, they can pull off a Houdini in a heartbeat.  She remembered that dress she bought which resulted with her only buying a sandwich for lunch for her budget. All because of a love life that is centered on lies and because a witness of her humiliation. I really hate this guy. She watched as Donghae started discussing about his proposal showing Mr. Yang the papers he had brought. She hated him because he treated her like she’s nothing that night. Does it matter that his assistant found her on a dating site? He could at least be a gentleman and like her. Duh! She’s too pretty to be cast aside like that.

 

She really couldn’t get over it. First time she agreed on a date without being forced to and that is what she got. Traumatizing. Fate is really really cruel to her.

 

“What do you think?”

 

It took a couple of seconds before she realized Mr. Yang had asked her a question. She cleared before consulting the papers from the folder that Donghae had given them. Shoot. With all her internal monologue, she didn’t understand a thing.

 

And she blames Lee Donghae for that. She blames everything on Lee Donghae.

 

It’s a good thing she not only had the beauty but also the brains and how fast it works. She caught sight of a sentence from the proposal that she can start with. “Can you tell me this Refurbished Items At A Lower Cost? Are these items that has been rejected during manufacturing or simply just overhauling outdated parts onto a new one?”

 

We’re more of leaning to the latter, although we do distribute rejected electronics at a much cheaper price. We also provide new parts for your outdated ones and the installation would be free of charge.” He started explaining and Dara was alternately looking at him then at the paper she was holding.

 

It took more than an hour for the meeting to be finished with her CEO mostly asking her opinion like the decision for the approval lies on her.

 

And Donghae probably realized that the CEO of 21 TV is relying on his COO’s opinion too much that he started discussing the details to her. There were some that she didn’t like on the proposal and there are some that she knew will benefit the company but she definitely wold need to discuss this with her CEO.

 

After the meeting was finished and several coffees downed their throats, Mr. Yang nodded his head as if he was really listening the whole time when Dara caught sight of his eyes shutting down every now and then.

 

“It was really great,” Mr. Yang said. “Right Dara?”

 

“Yes, sir,” Dara automatically answered as she arranged the papers insider her folder.

 

Donghae smiled. Like, a very small stretch of his lips that is probably only brought out by courtesy. “That’s good. I hope that we can be partners.”

 

Partners? Dara looked up at him with a frozen-open-wide eyes but he already went back to talking to her boss. Partners? For better or for worse? Then she mentally smacked herself. Business partners, idiot! Seriously, she doesn’t know what’s happening inside her head. Old age?

 

All three of them stood up and the two men shook hands.

 

“How’s your grandfather, by the way?” Mr. Yang asked Donghae.

 

“You know my grandfather?” Donghae asked a little surprised.

 

“Of course,” Mr. Yang answered with a smile. “I knew my grandfather used to do business with him back in… I think 50 years ago.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Their partnership didn’t end well though,” Mr. Yang said and Donghae’s small smile faltered. Dara rolled her eyes. How awkward. Her boss is the king of tact, alright. She knew he didn’t mean anything and probably just said it in passing. My god, why do I have a boss this dense!

 

“His grandfather arrived here in the Philippines a couple of weeks ago,” Dara said to remove this awkward atmosphere. “Did he already returned to the US?” She remembered that much from the brief moment she was introduced to the nice old man.

 

Donghae’s brows creased in confusion as he looked at her. “Yes. How did you know that?”

 

Dara stared right into his eyes with the intention of mentalling sending him a message that she understands why he’s denying that they have met but it hit her so suddenly she felt the muscles in her face twitch. They were both looking at each other, Donghae with a puzzled and suspicious expression as if he was thinking she was kind of a stalker to know that information.

 

Dara let out an incredulous breath as she slammed her folder shut on the desk and gave Donghae a very bright smile even while her eyes are throwing daggers in his stupid face.

 

This idiot doesn’t even remember her!

 

All this time she thought he was just pretending for professional reasons but he really doesn’t even have an inkling on who she is! “I read it in the newspaper,” Dara answered, her lips barely moving. This is the second most embarassing thing that has ever happened to her. And the second time this insulted her. Even without intending to.

 

He already discarded her importance at the party and now completely forgot about her? She used the folder to fan her face that is getting red from suppressed rage.

 

“Oh,” Donghae said instantly disregarding whatever onfusion he’s got earlier. He extended his hand, again with a small courteous smile. “Well, I hope we can do business together. It was nice meeting you miss….” He looked lost for a moment trying to recall the name that Mr. Yang had introduced her as.

 

Oh god, her blood pressure! Third insult. She accepted his handshake with a smile. “Sandara Park, Chief Operations Officer of 21 TV a.k.a. Dara.”

 

Donghae blinked and her boss looked at her with a weird expression on his face wondering why she’s stating her full name and title.

 

“Repeat it so you won’t forget,” Dara said still ignoring her boss and only directing her piercing eyes at Donghae without letting go of his hand which she is now gripping hard.

 

“Uh…” Donghae glanced at Mr. Yang then at their hands which Dara is still gripping hard and back up at her face. “Uh… Sandara Park… Chief Operations Officer of 21 TV… it was uh… great to meet you.” Then he let out a small almost inaudible sound when Dara gripped his hand tighter wanting to crush the bones in his hand so he would never forget her. “Ow.”

 

She let go with a sweet smile and Donghae was frowning at her massaging his hand probably thinking she had gone insane. “It was a pleasure meeting you Mr. Lee.Dong.Hae.”

 

Mr. Yang was also looking at her with creased forehead looking lost at what is suddenly happening to her. Dara gestured towards the door still smiling sweetly. “After you, gentlemen?”

 

Mr. Yang nodded and just shook his head at Dara’s sudden weird personality before opening the door and gesturing for Donghae to leave first. Her boss followed Donghae after and they kept on talking even while they are striding towards the elevator. If looks could kill, Donghae would be bleeding on the floor by now.

 

How dare this Donghae insult her?! Her face isn’t something that can be forgotten that easily! There was even a talent agent scouting her when she was in high school! Aish! If she can transform in a Hulk she would’ve been all green inside the main con and the first thing she wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter